bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 10:18 AM
Chapter 5 begins at the upstairs hallway and ends at the farmhouse.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 5 and trade tips and tricks!

no potato chips

[Post New]by patinmass77 on Dec 12, 09 5:04 PM
I've gotten through chapter 5 and never got a bag of potato chips...which is now impeding my progress in chapter 6. I've gone back to the hunting lodge where the kerosene lantern was and never found a hidden object section. Also (and perhaps its related), I haven't been able to smash the bunny's head with the hammer. No matter how many times I do it, nothing happens. Thanks so much!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by bronte311 on Dec 12, 09 5:22 PM
If you just have the normal version of Dire Grove, you don't need the chips and also don't need to smash the bunnys head--those are both things to do in the Collector's Edition. The Big Fish walkthrough includes all the Collector's Edition stuff, which is really confusing...

[Post New]by crb7189 on Dec 13, 09 8:38 AM
I had the key to the upstairs back right bedroom but now it's no longer in my inventory & I can't continue. What should I do?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 10:11 AM
crb7189 wrote:I had the key to the upstairs back right bedroom but now it's no longer in my inventory & I can't continue. What should I do?

Is it possible that it was a key to something else(there are lots in this game). You could have already used it on something else and just forgot.

The key to that bedroom is found after you get the boat out of the boathouse. If that's the one you found, then I don't really know why it would disappear.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 10:11:40 AM PST

[Post New]by bolhar on Dec 14, 09 2:57 PM
i feel cheated out of the full game. What do I do? Can I turn this in and get the collector's addition?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 14, 09 3:50 PM
bolhar wrote:i feel cheated out of the full game. What do I do? Can I turn this in and get the collector's addition?

No one here can answer that. Contact customer support. Use the green envelope on the right of this page.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 14, 09 6:29 PM
bolhar, contact cs, they may be able to help.

[Post New]by mystifymh on Dec 16, 09 7:56 PM
I have already used my hammer to get the fire extinguisher. It is no longer in my inventory. How do I get another hammer for the rabbit statue?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 17, 09 12:09 PM
mystifymh wrote:I have already used my hammer to get the fire extinguisher. It is no longer in my inventory. How do I get another hammer for the rabbit statue?

If you are playing the regular version instead of theCE the rabbit is not part of your game. There is a new walkthrough for this version that leaves out all the extras that are part of the CE.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:07 AM
crb7189 wrote:I had the key to the upstairs back right bedroom but now it's no longer in my inventory & I can't continue. What should I do?

The key is next to boat on your way to the fishing shack. You need to click on it twice it seems for it to be added to your inventory

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:09 AM
mystifymh wrote:I have already used my hammer to get the fire extinguisher. It is no longer in my inventory. How do I get another hammer for the rabbit statue?

In addition you should still have the hammer because you will need later on in the game to get the mercury from the thermometer

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 27, 09 9:49 AM
Hope I'm posting in the right spot...I'm at the hunting lodge for the second time & got the chips. I've found everything else in the scene except for the lit cigar. I know I don't need it for inventory, but it's my second time playing the game and I'm trying to get thru without using any hints. Any help will be greatly appreciated

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 27, 09 10:50 AM
satexasgirl wrote:Hope I'm posting in the right spot...I'm at the hunting lodge for the second time & got the chips. I've found everything else in the scene except for the lit cigar. I know I don't need it for inventory, but it's my second time playing the game and I'm trying to get thru without using any hints. Any help will be greatly
appreciated

It's on the edge of the mantle toward the right.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 27, 09 10:59 AM
Thanks so much. Not really sure how I missed it. Guess that means I'm going to need bifocals soon. lol

[Post New]by tjvarner2004 on Dec 29, 09 11:06 AM
How do you get into the second bedroom in the farmhouse? Am I missing something from my inventory? I've been wandering for hours!

Nevermind. I guess I just had to ask to figure it out. Duh!

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 11:11:09 AM PST

[Post New]by smhbedard on Dec 30, 09 11:54 AM
Not sure if I'm posting right - this is my first time - anyhow, finished the game but still had the snow shoes in my inventory - what did I miss?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 30, 09 6:35 PM
margaretm wrote:NEED HELP GETTING POTATO CHIPS. NEED HELP GETTING PAPER IN MUSEUM OFFICE OF HAMMER FISH BUNNY HEAD AND MICREWAVE, THANKS

MARGARETM

If you are playing the standard version rather than the CE, none of this applies to your game.

margaretm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by margaretm on Dec 30, 09 7:19 PM
HOW DO I GET HIDDEN OBJECT SCENE TO COME UP OVER WOLF TREE? HAVE DIRE GROVE COLLECTORS EDTION. CANT GET POTATO CHIPS.

THANKS REALLY NEED HELP

MARGARETM

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 30, 09 7:46 PM
margaretm wrote:HOW DO I GET HIDDEN OBJECT SCENE TO COME UP OVER WOLF TREE? HAVE DIRE GROVE COLLECTORS EDTION. CANT GET POTATO CHIPS.

THANKS REALLY NEED HELP

MARGARETM

Walk past the wolf on the right and go to the hunting lodge. The potato chips are in the Hidden object scene in the lodge. After you feed the chips to the wolf a Hidden object scene will open up there.

Go to: