Chapter 7 discussion thread

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 10:19 AM
Chapter 7 starts at the Celtic ruins

Use this space to discuss Chapter 7 and tips and tricks!

lizmi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by lizmi on Dec 11, 09 2:07 PM
How do I get to the blacksmith room? I finished the alphabet puzzle but I don't know where to go. I am playing the regular game.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Dec 12, 09 9:25 AM
If you solved the alphabet puzzle, the gate blocking access to the blacksmith display should have opened. At which point you can just click to enter.

(Oh, and that's Chapter 4, not 7 -- if you have more questions, you might want to post in that thread.)

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Dec 12, 09 3:15 PM
I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 12, 09 3:18 PM
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.
That puzzle is random. Your crime computer has the correct pattern for your current game. Look at the grid of the videos that you have collected and look for the symbols. Good luck!

[Post New]by pennyy14 on Dec 12, 09 6:33 PM
I Tried the pattern from the crime computer, it is not working. What am I missing?

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 12, 09 6:39 PM
If say the square is 3 high..then you need to put 2 stones down first and make the square 3rd. Hope this helps. Good Luck, and happy gaming.

[Post New]by pennyy14 on Dec 12, 09 6:47 PM
I Tried the pattern from the crime computer, it is not working. What am I missing?

[Post New]by pennyy14 on Dec 12, 09 6:50 PM
Thank you! It worked!

[Post New]by pennyy14 on Dec 12, 09 6:58 PM
Thank you! It worked!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Dec 12, 09 9:48 PM
Where do I get the ashes for the urn?

JayneMae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by JayneMae on Dec 13, 09 6:05 AM
The ashes for the urn come from the hotel fireplace

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by lindataf on Dec 13, 09 8:43 AM
To get the ashes, you build a fire in the hotel fireplace using the wood you chopped back near the entrance by that recently lost shoe (beginning of game). Then put out the fire with the extinguisher and use the urn to scoop up the ashes.

hope this helped...
later,
gator

[Post New]by Ivymanson on Dec 13, 09 9:44 AM
I'm at the end of the game, but I never found the ax to chop the wood! I've looked and looked, and I don't see it anywhere. Help please?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 9:55 AM
Ivymanson wrote:I'm at the end of the game, but I never found the ax to chop the wood! I've looked and looked, and I don't see it anywhere. Help please?

It is not in a hidden object scene. Go back to the grocery store and open some cabinets.

[Post New]by Ivymanson on Dec 13, 09 10:02 AM
Thank you! Managed to finish the game finally! And to think I looked past the cabinet probably a dozen times...

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Dec 13, 09 11:37 AM
Thanks, Lizzie, that worked well. Now I'm trying to decipher the runes in the underworld. I know the alphabet is in the book we read but I've tried every word I can think of and looked through the films. Any hints?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 12:53 PM
paco12348 wrote:Thanks, Lizzie, that worked well. Now I'm trying to decipher the runes in the underworld. I know the alphabet is in the book we read but I've tried every word I can think of and looked through the films. Any hints?

Read the riddle. Look in your inventory and see if anything could possibly match. For instance one says something about GRAIN. Do you have anything in your inventory that picks up dust and also makes arrows fly true.

[Post New]by GoldDuctWoman on Dec 13, 09 3:08 PM
I am at the end and have the mercury and the stone popped up but my vial of mercury wont fit in the stone. Anyone know whats wrong??

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Dec 13, 09 3:21 PM
Got it. Finished the game. Thanks to all that helped. This was a great game.

Go to: