eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

I feel so betrayed! (read quickly!)

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 11, 09 11:48 AM
You have to read this quickly before they decide to lock it and move it away.

Our is treating us like **** and they don't care.

I am so disappointed. I've really enjoyed my time here and I love my games.

However, because of the attitude of IN RE a certain game (which I won't name because they'll immediately move this thread away from here, which they'll probably do anyway because they are being just terrible about this whole issue) I will in all likelihood be leaving this site, this forum, and possibly gaming sites of any kind.

I feel that I have been lied to and am now in essence being told to shut up, just to keep the masses from realizing what a rotten thing they are doing.

If you like being treated like an inexhaustible resource that game developers have a right to exploit, then ignore this.

I will miss all my friends and I will miss the excitement of checking out what the new game is. Most of all I will miss the old as it used to be, before the studio got so uppity.

(had to edit mistakes because I'm so upset my hands are shaking.)

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 11:53:29 AM PST

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

Re:I feel so betrayed! (read quickly!)

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 11, 09 11:51 AM
whoa. ((Eleanor)).

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 11, 09 11:52 AM
Have you talked to them Eleanor? I mean actually talked to them about what is bothering you? I answered in your other thread.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 11:54 AM
Fairy, many of us have contacted CS about it...and we have all been given the same standard answer which, to be frank, is not a satisfactory answer.

Who told you to shut up Eleanor?

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 11:54:32 AM PST

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 11, 09 11:59 AM
FairyonPegasus wrote:Have you talked to them Eleanor? I mean actually talked to them about what is bothering you? I answered in your other thread.

Oh, yes the thread that they immediately locked and moved out of chit-chat.

And yes, I contacted CS and so far just got their auto-reply. Have not had any contact from the Mod who is defending the discussion in the thread beginning with "?? for those who" in that game's forum.

And The Big Fish himself basically told us "hard cheese" over on the forum for that game.

silly, I said "in essence" - that's how I interpret their moving and locking my thread immediately out of chit-chat to keep the general populace from reading it. Most people only go the a game's forum once they have the game, and I'm sure they'd rather not have the people who haven't bought it yet know about the issue.

That's also why I have scrupulously left the name of That Game out of this thread.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 12:03:36 PM PST

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 12:00 PM
Hi Eleanor,

I'm addressing you directly as I'd like to personally apologize if you at all feel I was intending to silence you by locking your thread.

I would like to clarify that the absolute only reason why that thread was locked was because we already had a discussion going about the same topic (and actually one more on top of that) so I locked the most recent discussions to funnel them into one thread. If you look at my last post in your thread, which is now in the official forum for the game, there is a link to the thread I left open so that the discussion may be continued there.

I'm going to leave this one unlocked to ensure that you see it, but depending on where this thread goes, it may be moved to the official Dire Grove forum later today to keep things tidy.

In the future if you ever feel concern over moderator action, please privately message one (or all) of us and let us know. We're always happy to revisit any situation.

Best regards,

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 12:05:53 PM PST

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Dec 11, 09 12:00 PM
I read some of your other posts eleanor and need to understand something. The game that is offered is different than the collectors edition. I would like to know what is different and why it is different before I buy it. In fact, that was what I was going to do before I saw your post.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Dec 11, 09 12:01 PM
I understand why all of you are upset, but please don't leave. I felt this way a couple days ago and many kind fish talked me thru it. I am glad I stayed.

Charm

insanewife
Flounder
Flounder
2,236 Posts

[Post New]by insanewife on Dec 11, 09 12:03 PM
ELEANOR--Sorry to hear this as i've not had any of this happen to me (yet)...I remember reading somewhere about your problems...I never go to the green envelope or to BF on-line chat...I always send an e-mail...the 2 guys that have helped me are really great and have went out of their way to help and support me with all my problems...I had a game that kept freezing my computer up and after trying what they suggested and it didn't work out they sent me another game coupon to replace game...Please give it a try before you just quit...Any questions or just want to vent go ahead please PM me any time..

insane

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (ANIMALS INCLUDED)

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 12:08 PM
flyingsquirrely wrote:I read some of your other posts eleanor and need to understand something. The game that is offered is different than the collectors edition. I would like to know what is different and why it is different before I buy it. In fact, that was what I was going to do before I saw your post.

The CE version of Dire Grove contains mysterious morphing objects (if you played Madame Fate you are familiar with them). In Madame Fate they were necessary to unlock extra levels. In Dire Grove they serve no function other than to unlock an "achievement" which is exclusive to the CE version of the game. So BF is saying since the morphing objects are not integral to the gameplay they have removed them from the "standard" version.

HOWEVER.....we who were waiting for the "standard" version were under the impression that the two versions would be exactly the same aside from the "bonus levels" that were not part of the gameplay/storyline. Suffice it to say, that's just not true. The morphing objects may not serve any purpose other than to unlock an achievement, but they are part of the gameplay and many of us feel downright angry that they were removed from the cheaper version. We feel like we have been given a "lesser" game and that BF is playing some kind of "elite" strategy game by making those with the means and desire pay extra get actual extra content in the gameplay. And we feel that they are not upholding their promise to make both versions the same.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 11, 09 12:08 PM
As you see in celebes post, even though I never mentioned the name of the game, this thread is about to be locked up and moved so you can't read it.

Criminey I feel like Soltzenitzen!

And insane, The Big Fish is as high as anyone can go around here.

I give up.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Dec 11, 09 12:11 PM
You aren't the only one leaving, Eleanor. And it's not just the bait-and-switch with the game that you're talking about. For me it's the faux bench thread and the lie about us ever getting the word game threads back, too. It's part of a pattern of misbehavior. There's nothing in this forum worth doing and apparently that's just the way they like it (see the note from the mod about the word games) and honesty and openness aren't priorities anymore.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 12:12:52 PM PST

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 11, 09 12:12 PM
(((Kish)))

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 12:17 PM
Hi eleanor,

I'm not locking this thread at this time, but even if I did, it would still be readable by other users. Locked threads can be read, just not posted to.

As for moving it, as I said before, I'm only moving it depending on the direction it goes. If the discussion becomes more about the game than anything else, as we do with all other game threads, we'll move it to the official forum for that game. We do this as a standard procedure.

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 11, 09 12:18 PM
As of now the thread is still open.
Since it's a discussion about Dire Grove I guess it should have been opened in the appropriate Dire Grove Forum.
Even when the thread is in the Dire Grove Forum it can still be read if it's on the Top 5 pages of recent threads.
You can still post in this thread if it's moved to the Dire Grove Forum and it is not locked up.

But maybe this Austrian fails to see the point here, just giving my two Eurocents.

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Dec 11, 09 12:21 PM
Thank you Silly for the explanation. I understand why everyone is upset but is the cheaper version still good enough to buy. I am no longer a member here but received a free game from the November fest. I was saving my credit on this game but maybe I should use it on Echoes of the past.

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Dec 11, 09 12:23 PM
I doubt Solzhenitzen would even care about a video game-- considering that he was a political prisoner beaten to within an inch of his life and imprisoned for 8 years in a Soviet labor camp only to live much of his life in exile. Sorry-- but in my opinion the comparison lacks perspective-- let's respect the man by not trivializing his experiences and minimizing his bravery.. After all, a game is just a game-- IT IS NOT A REAL CAUSE. I do, however, think that the morphing objects were rather fun and am sad that they are left out of the 6.99 version of the game. Perhaps if there was a collective effort to petition BF-- they could decide to issue a download that includes the objects? This might be more constructive than simple anger and innuendos. Indeed, such energy and strength of conviction could be directed towards authentic change in the world.... Would not that be better?

Also, I do not think that this is about betrayal at all-- which seems melodramatic. Rather, it is simply about making money.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 12:36:47 PM PST

myrnastout
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,427 Posts

[Post New]by myrnastout on Dec 11, 09 12:25 PM
I guess I am being dense about the two games. Are you saying that the games are the same or are they different. I feel that if I bought the ce version I should be getting a little more than the regular version. I paid &19.99 for my game and feel there should be something extra in it. That's why I bought it. Not having the latest version I can not compare. I know I like the game that I have.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 11, 09 12:25 PM
Everyone is upset over the morphing objects in the CE version? Those object if you find them all lead you to a video that is not available in the standard version. To be truthful I have not found them all, nor do I care if I do. I believe I am missing about 15 of them. I may go back later to try and find them all for the added video, I may not. I personally don't care for the video's they're jumpy and although I like seeing the progress they remind me of the Blair Witch. The last three I watched I just listened to what they were saying and ignored the video because it was annoying. I don't even like my home videos to look like that.

If that's what you all are upset about maybe they can add them back in but what would be the reward?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 11, 09 12:27 PM
flyingsquirrely wrote:Thank you Silly for the explanation. I understand why everyone is upset but is the cheaper version still good enough to buy. I am no longer a member here but received a free game from the November fest. I was saving my credit on this game but maybe I should use it on Echoes of the past.

Just to chime in here. I have played both games and they are both very good. In my opinion, were I to choose one game over the other, I would choose Dire Grove. More content and longer duration of play regardless of the absence of morphing objects.

Go to: