auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by auntj38 on Dec 11, 09 3:25 PM
[b] okay...went through the game again and still can't find the hidden object game in the wolf lodge. Hit that darn rabbit head so many time's it's a wonder I didn't break the hammer. Need the potatoe chip's and the rabbit head to come off. This is more frustrating then The Return To Ravenhearst.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 11, 09 3:33 PM
auntj38 wrote:[b] okay...went through the game again and still can't find the hidden object game in the wolf lodge. Hit that darn rabbit head so many time's it's a wonder I didn't break the hammer. Need the potatoe chip's and the rabbit head to come off. This is more frustrating then The Return To Ravenhearst.

This is part of the extra level that was available in the CE and not the regular version.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by niya00 on Dec 11, 09 7:07 PM
LMAO at myself!! Thank you nwl!! I've been banging away at the rabbits head! I can finally move on! loving the game!

Re:hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by softballmom916 on Dec 11, 09 8:36 PM
I am having the same problem. I just purchased the 6.99 game. I would expect these items to be available, because I don't think you can finish the game without the chips and the rabbit's head. I tried, but I can't get to the hidden object scene and get the felix without the chips.

Also, there are no morphing objects. Again, I would think this would be available in this edition of the game. It is part of the challenge.

A little dissapointed. Purchased and downloaded a very large file game and cannot complete it.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Dec 11, 09 8:40 PM
You're absolutely right softballmom!! I'm back and ticked now!! may not have paid the higher price but as a member for 3 yrs and loya fan, I DID pay the 6.99. Having bought a game I do expect to be able to complete it without paying more!!! Hoping I am wrong here but I can find no way to go any further without the chips for the wolf.

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on Dec 11, 09 8:46 PM
I THINK IT WAS TOTALLY A SCREWED UP DEAL TO DOWNLOAD THIS ONE INSTEAD ON THE CE ONE BECAUSE WHY PUT THE RABBIT THING AND CHIPS ON THIS ONE AND CANT USE IT. I THINK ITS JUST BULL. IF THIS IS A WAY TO GET PLAYERS OR CUSTOMERS I SHOULD SAY TO PURCHASE THE OTHER ONE WHY MAKE THIS ONE AS A PURCHASE AND NOT HAVE THOSE FEW THINGS ON THERE TO FINISH THIS PART OF THE GAME. I REALLY THOUGHT BIGFISH WAS GREAT UNTIL THIS CRAP LIKE THIS TO LURE YOU INTO SPENDING MONEY ON A GAME TO ONLY ET YOU TO SPEND MORE JUST TO GET THE PARTS THAT ARE ON THIS ONE. I CAN SEE IF IT WAS TO BE CONTINUED AND NOT BEING ON THIS ONE BUT ON CONTINUED PART LIKE THE CE ONE. IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN BIGFISH FOR DOING SO.I REALLY DONT THINK ILL PURCHASE THE OTHER GAME FOR THAT PRICE. I GOT A CARD IN MAIL TO PURCHASE IT FOR 13.99 AND I CANT EVEN GET THAT TO LOAD UP PAGE TO GET IT FOR 13.99. ANOTHER PROBLEM DONT WAIST MY TIME FRAUDING ME OK BIGFISH. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS GAME SO U CAN KNOCK OFF THAT STUPID BUT CUTE BUNNIES HEAD OFF AND FEED THAT DANG WOLF TO MOVE ON. COMEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNNNN NOWWWWWWWWWW...................

kac41556
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by kac41556 on Dec 11, 09 9:54 PM
I gave the meat to the wolf, not the potato chips. You need to find the frozen meat, do something to it and then feed it to the wolf. You will then be able to move on.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Dec 11, 09 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Margie B will have a blog walkthrough for this game as well. It's just the first day of the regular version's release so give her a day or so. She writes for other games as well here at BFG.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 10:15:55 PM PST

kiwibmb
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kiwibmb on Dec 11, 09 10:29 PM
I have managed to finish the non-CE version without worrying about the chips or the rabbits head. They are not required in this version.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Dec 12, 09 3:38 AM
[b] Thank you,Kiwibmb. I'll move on without hitting the rabbit, and Kaci556 I did feed the steak to the wolf. Had no problem with that. Not happy with BF after reading all the comment's, tho.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Dec 12, 09 10:52 AM
Big Fish Games should have disclaimers when the sell two different versions of a game just for the almighty buck.

I too have been bashing that poor rabbits head and going back and forth looking for the potato chips and now I find out I don't need them after all.....this is extremely frustrating and now I'm angry because I've wasted so much of my time looking for something that I didn't need anyway.

Next time you are trying to scalp people (and need I say in this troubled economy) please please please start with a disclaimer so we know we don't need the stupid morphing objects, the bunny head or the chips....what a waste of my time. I am ticked!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 12, 09 11:51 AM
If you want that information so badly, look in the FAQ in the Collector's Edition forum.

Mods, that may be useful here too.

[Post New]by stazchuk on Dec 12, 09 1:06 PM
Iam having the same problem cant knock the rabbits head off and cant get the chips to feed the wolf ):

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Dec 12, 09 1:17 PM
You don't and can't do either. Just go on with the game. That is only used in the ce game. You can go on and finish the game without needing those things.

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Dec 12, 09 3:24 PM
This is the first time I've ever complained about a game. I have gone round and round looking for the potato chips and trying to knock off the rabbit's head, and here I find out it's not part of the standard version. I'm really disappointed that I wasted so much time.....suggest you only offer ONE version of each game in the future to avoid upsetting so many customers.

lindawd
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by lindawd on Dec 12, 09 6:59 PM
Why exactly do we have to pay extra for the ce anyway? I mean think about it. There are'nt very many other ce games, but they still seem to be able to make money. And then WE, the people that to some extent are paying for their wages, have to pay EXTRA for a game that Im sure we've all waited for for a very long time, and now we dont get to experiance the whole thing.so why not have just the ce, and have it be somewhere in between 19.99 and 6.99, or be able to use a game credit, OR both? It's not really fair.

Edited on 12/12/2009 at 7:00:31 PM PST

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Dec 12, 09 7:49 PM
I feel bad for you people but at the same time, do any of you actually read!!!

I assume you resorted to looking at the blog walkthrough for help when you got stuck. I did the same thing, but I read the the intro. And in the intro it is CLEARLY stated...
"This walkthrough contains bonus material available only in the Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition, as well as presenting a full walkthrough of the Standard Edition. "

Granted, it would be nice if they made notes as to what exactly was and was not needed for the less expensive version.
You shouldn't even have been looking for those items because you won't get the note found on the museum office floor which triggers the need for these items.
I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe instead of just getting all mad at BF, you might want to take a deep breath or a chill pill before going all rantatstic in the forums about something that wasn't their fault to begin with.

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Dec 13, 09 8:16 AM
thank God I went back to the walkthrough and figured out the potato chips and that stupid bunny head was ONLY for the ce version!!!! If not I too would have wasted some valuable time and getting discouraged! This is still a fun game despite there being 2 versions of it.....

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Dec 13, 09 8:31 AM
I also did not get the chips for the wolf and backtracked to the lodge looking for them forever. Not happy with this game

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Dec 13, 09 10:29 AM
Love MCF series, I waited just like most to try the $6.99 version of Dire Grove, and said I don't need to pay extra for the CE. I don't need a strategy guide, and all the other stuff they said you would get with the CE. But after spending half the night trying to knock off that rabbit's head, trying to get the potato chips, looking for morphing items, uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it. I called it quits!! (Was knowing that these options would NOT be available on the $6.99 version a NEED TO KNOW BASICS?) BF got me good with this one. I believed the HYPE. Playing the $6.99 version of this game, and knowing all of what you could be doing, if you had the CE, is like playing a "glitched" game. There should have been a seperate walkthrough for this version. I would not have known what I was missing, if I wasn't (cheating) and using the walkthrough, which is posted for the CE in the first place.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 10:48:43 AM PST

Go to: