Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules: Kids of Hellas here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 21, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/21/2016 at 6:11:14 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules: Kids of Hellas here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 21, 16 6:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on 12 Labours of Hercules: Kids of Hellas here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on 12 Labours of Hercules: Kids of Hellas.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 21, 16 10:26 AM
Same old, same old...the screen jumps and shakes everytime a rock is removed, the game play is so silly and simple a toddler could do it and the only difference between this and every other one that has been offered is different food.

OHHHH for a decent TM game !!!!!

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 21, 16 12:52 PM
Having bought this game and I've been playing it for several hours I can say that this game is not fun and I regret buying it.

It is your standard resource collection game and this is the standard edition of the collector's edition released a while back. There is nothing new or unique to this version.

The game has extra challenges in it like looking for puzzle pieces and hidden objects. It is fast-paced and you are seldom wondering what to do next - instead it is much of a click frenzy (if you're trying to beat the clock.)

Here is the problem: On casual mode there is very little challenge and the game is dead-boring. On expert mode the levels aren't created equal - so I can find myself having to replay a level several times to get 3 stars and then on the next one get 3 stars easily. Then there are levels that I've played so many times and am no closer to finding a strategy (I prefer to figure things out for myself) that it makes the game absolutely frustrating and not any fun at all. It's not that I'm just missing the mark, it's that I'm so far away from actually getting close to getting 3 stars that it makes me wonder about the game design. Switch to casual mode and getting 3 stars is dead-easy. Switch back to expert and it's impossible again.

I do not recommend this game to those that play to get 3 stars unless you want an extreme challenge in expert mode or an easy challenge in casual mode.

I also cannot stand the screen shaking every time a rock is removed - it's very annoying.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 23, 16 4:32 PM
Boring, no strategy involved. I like the tm games where you have to work out the best way to get your goal, rather than just gathering resources.

3561tays
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by 3561tays on Mar 21, 16 1:43 PM
Object to there being no way to achieve the thieves awards. Everything else is like all previous games.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 21, 16 9:05 AM

Standard TM game, nothing exciting but still playable.

It's disappointing that this series hasn't improved with each release but it's same old, same old, again and again.

nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nuttynuts on May 15, 16 11:30 PM
Being a huge fan of the MKFTP series, I thought this was a wonderful replacement. I really enjoyed both IV and V. I was so happy to see that they adopted the "Developer's Record" from the MKTFP series, which was for me the biggest attraction. I don't know how many times I played each of the MKFTP just to beat the DR, and then to beat my own records over and over. What I love about both series is that each time you play a level you can try a slightly different strategy, use the bonuses more strategically and try out different options until finally one brings you through and you break the record.

However, I find very disappointing in both 12 Labours of Hercules IV and V how the way the Developer's Records are set up. Some of the records are just not possible to beat no matter what you do. Forums also confirm this. This shows me that they are not real developer's records but just some arbitrary level that the developers set up without bothering to see whether they can really be reached or not. This one single fault turned me off so much because what is the point in trying to break a record that is just an arbitrary number up there that no one can possibly reach? This made me feel like the developer's are making a fool of us for taking the "developer's record" seriously.

I understand that the update in game IV fixed this issue on some levels but only for the CE, which I didn't have.

I am hoping that the developers will fix this issue in both games so that we can enjoy the wonderful game that 12 Labours of Hercules is. Otherwise, I am going to quit the series really soon.

Go to: