xanadu3251
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Trina

[Post New]by xanadu3251 on Feb 21, 16 5:02 PM
Do you really need to visit Trina? Can you play the game without opening her room?

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Trina

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Feb 21, 16 5:21 PM
In fact, Trina has nothing to do with the game. She will not help you advance in the game and she is very greedy. However, there are achievements attached to her quests if you're an achievement freak.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Trina

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 21, 16 8:47 PM
xanadu3251 wrote:Do you really need to visit Trina? Can you play the game without opening her room?

Trina is just like the Daily Quests --- except she actually gives back less than you get for the Daily Quests....

One key was required to open the Christmas Room.....which was a very beneficial thing to do (if you also unlocked your tree for free). And the only way to get a key to open a new room would be to do at least one of Trina's quests.

If you desire to open the "slots" inside each of the private rooms, then you need to play with Trina to get the keys.

Other than that and the 2 nearly impossible to achieve achievements (Key Master -- need 5000 keys for level 3, and Ace Assistant -- need to complete 3000 of Trina's quests), there appears to be no real reason for playing with Trina.

Edited on 02/21/2016 at 8:48:38 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 22, 16 11:00 AM
Her quests are greedy, but her room is nice.

Her little room above the well is a nice place to feed several pets.
The room lets you catch 3 morphing items, currently flowers.

There is a slots-type game, once a day it is free to 'spin'...can win food, ticket, diamonds.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Feb 22, 16 11:43 AM
Thank You susiewastaken..You kept me from saying a few choice words. Well put. When someone is new to the game they have a right to make up their own mind. Since when and How can Trina be considered Not part of the game? I happen to Love my rooms [both fully furnished]-with blood sweat and tears-... The answer is No..you don't have to do Trina's quests but to me and Many others the difficulty is worth it..We Love our rooms..our pets..and All of the game..Or we wouldn't be playing it. Spring is Soon! I'm excited.. Enjoy the journey. Qatwar Q is for Queen [aside to 4 star-I went to your xmas room and you are so right..Everyday..Christmas! xx]

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 16 12:32 PM
susiewastaken wrote:Her quests are greedy, but her room is nice.

The room lets you catch 3 morphing items, currently flowers.

There is a slots-type game, once a day it is free to 'spin'...can win food, ticket, diamonds.

Agree wholeheartedly.....my previous reply was mostly in reference to her quests. (The original question was: Can you play the game without opening her room? --- the answer to that is yes. She has nothing to do with level advancement.)

(I like the wolves....maybe some day we will get one as a pet)

Edited on 02/22/2016 at 2:06:00 PM PST

xanadu3251
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by xanadu3251 on Feb 22, 16 2:47 PM
Thank you everyone for answering my questions. I don't know if I will open her room. I think I might try to play for awhile without opening that room.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 22, 16 3:12 PM
susiewastaken wrote:

Reading this, I thought,"Hmmm, I haven't tried that". So I just fed my trusty gold-chest-bringing reindeer in Trina's room. I got a rusty chest with 3 plain stamps in it! Waahh!
Trina has not been kind to me lately.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Feb 22, 16 3:41 PM
I used to ignore Trina and figured I would work on those achievements tied to her sometime later (like whenever I get to 69), but now that you get shards from HOS I do her quests for the 111 coins. Granted she is also very greedy in the amount of airship wheels she wants, etc. - but if I plan to send the airship anyway (which I do at least daily) then it works out fine. Caution: If you want to furnish your rooms once you open them then do not take her quest...if you accidently click on her and complete the quest *poof* goes your shards. There is no way to cancel out and not turn her quest in.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 16 4:19 PM
I recently completed my 499th quest for Trina because I wanted to get the 500 golden keys for the Key Master achievement....I started keeping records on the 99th quest for her....did the math of what I used for 400 of her quests:

49,200 steering wheels (requested 41% of the time)
29,200 shards (requested 36.5% of the time)
1,639 postcards (requested 38.25% of the time)
6,553 scenes visited (requested 40.5% of the time)
3,500 ZZ visited (requested 43.75% of the time)

I was doing an average of 3.5 quests a day for her over the 144 days it took me to get to the 500 golden keys......at that same rate, it would take me 3.55 years to get the 5000 golden keys required for the third level. I feel this is very excessive, and I have not clicked on her to even see what is her 500th quest.

[Post New]by GraySquirrel on Feb 23, 16 8:55 AM
Annelliegram wrote:I recently completed my 499th quest for Trina because I wanted to get the 500 golden keys for the Key Master achievement....I started keeping records on the 99th quest for her....did the math of what I used for 400 of her quests:

49,200 steering wheels (requested 41% of the time)
29,200 shards (requested 36.5% of the time)
1,639 postcards (requested 38.25% of the time)
6,553 scenes visited (requested 40.5% of the time)
3,500 ZZ visited (requested 43.75% of the time)

I was doing an average of 3.5 quests a day for her over the 144 days it took me to get to the 500 golden keys......at that same rate, it would take me 3.55 years to get the 5000 golden keys required for the third level. I feel this is very excessive, and I have not clicked on her to even see what is her 500th quest.
Holy moly Annelil....what coins did you receive....and have the keys increased....or just 1 each time ? GS

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 23, 16 9:05 AM
Maximum amount of coins I received per Trina Quest was 132....although others have posted that theirs went higher.

You still only get one key per quest.

Maximum amount of postcards she requested from me was 16....although others have said she asked for 20 from them.

It appears that the 200 shards, 300 steering wheels, and 20 ZZ are the max amount for those items.

Most she asked on scenes was 50 for me.

I also took the percentage for the frequency of shards requested and multiplied it by the additional 4500 quests that I would be required to get to level 3 of that achievement and it would be about 328,500 MORE shards.

Based on percentages, the remaining 4500 quests would take the following:
Steering Wheels -- 553,500
Shards -- 328,500
Postcards -- 27,540 (that is if it stays maxed at 16)
Scenes -- 91,125
Zoom Zones -- 39,375

[Post New]by GraySquirrel on Feb 23, 16 9:35 AM
So...if I read this correctly.....theoretically....each game is different with regards to the TQ's......in what is requested and what is received......

in completing 143 TQ's......I receive 147 coins....this for the last 50 or so...and 1 key...

Trina wants 20 postcards....300 steering wheels...50 HOS....20 ZZ's....200 shards

what irks me and is the shard in my side is:.....the differences of her requests...and the "pay" out of them so different.........and too the lengthy amount to reach the end of the achievement.....5000 is totally out of sorts with the reward given for the ammount taken.....phenominal to say the least GS

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 23, 16 10:38 AM
There does, indeed, seem to be great disparity......and the final requirement of 5000 golden keys is just absolutely ridiculous. I did the first 500 because I wanted to know what was the 3rd level requirement......after reaching 200 quests for Trina's Ace Assistant and discovering the next level of that one was 3000 of her quests, I figured the one for Key Master would be 5000, but I wanted to actually SEE it.

However, I am done with Trina....for my part, I have achieved the achievement in as much as it is reasonable. .... if they had requested it to be 1000 for the final part, then I would continue.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 23, 16 12:08 PM
GraySquirrel wrote:
what irks me and is the shard in my side …

"shard in my side" - I love it! LMAO!

[Post New]by GraySquirrel on Feb 23, 16 3:26 PM
Tx DD......I was just getting the shard out.......and TQ's can eat a big fat phoey.....thank heaven there is solid intel to know how to navigate the minagery of this.....the Forum is really a blessing.....thanx folks for sharing your experiences..GS

Go to: