nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

For new gamers

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 12, 09 5:18 PM
Please forgive if this sounds like a lecture. I am a teacher and cannot help myself. It just occurs to me that there are some things that new gamers can do that will lesson their frustration and add to the enjoyment of their game.

1. Don't get hung up on solving a puzzle or problem right away. If you encounter a locked door, you may not be able to solve it immediately. You may have to do several more things and come back to it.

2. Do not assume that there is a glitch in the game that will resolve itself if you start the game over. More than likely you have missed something. Be willing to move around. Look for arrows that will take you to different places. Sometimes you have to go back and forth and revisit scenes.

3. When you find items that go in your inventory try to remember where they might be useful. Check your inventory frequently and think about where you might use the items.. Check your journal. It might jog your memory.

4. If you really do not like the non-linear aspect and the moving back and forth this might not be the game for you. Some people like straight forward Hidden object games without all the interaction. However hang in there. Once I started really playing the games with more adventure I became bored with the strictly hidden object games. The more you play the better you will become. If you are really frustrated put this one on the shelf and try an easier one. This one is really complicated. Easier ones(in my opinion) are the Samantha Swift series and perhaps the Magic Encyclopedia ones.

5. Learn to use the walkthrough. There are ways to use it without having to read through the entire thing.That way you can go to it for an answer to a specific problem. If you are interested contact me and I will provide details.

6. Relax and enjoy. Don't panic when you feel you can't go further. There's help here and in the walkthrough.

Happy gaming.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

Re:For new gamers

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 12, 09 5:23 PM
Perfectly stated.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 12, 09 8:53 PM
Thank you for the encouragement nwl43!!

lalaby47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

For new gamers

[Post New]by lalaby47 on Dec 13, 09 4:32 AM
nwl43 wrote:Please forgive if this sounds like a lecture. I am a teacher and cannot help myself. It just occurs to me that there are some things that new gamers can do that will lesson their frustration and add to the enjoyment of their game.

1. Don't get hung up on solving a puzzle or problem right away. If you encounter a locked door, you may not be able to solve it immediately. You may have to do several more things and come back to it.

2. Do not assume that there is a glitch in the game that will resolve itself if you start the game over. More than likely you have missed something. Be willing to move around. Look for arrows that will take you to different places. Sometimes you have to go back and forth and revisit scenes.

3. When you find items that go in your inventory try to remember where they might be useful. Check your inventory frequently and think about where you might use the items.. Check your journal. It might jog your memory.

4. If you really do not like the non-linear aspect and the moving back and forth this might not be the game for you. Some people like straight forward Hidden object games without all the interaction. However hang in there. Once I started really playing the games with more adventure I became bored with the strictly hidden object games. The more you play the better you will become. If you are really frustrated put this one on the shelf and try an easier one. This one is really complicated. Easier ones(in my opinion) are the Samantha Swift series and perhaps the Magic Encyclopedia ones.

5. Learn to use the walkthrough. There are ways to use it without having to read through the entire thing.That way you can go to it for an answer to a specific problem. If you are interested contact me and I will provide details.

6. Relax and enjoy. Don't panic when you feel you can't go further. There's help here and in the walkthrough.

Happy gaming.

lalaby47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lalaby47 on Dec 13, 09 4:37 AM
YOUR POST COUND'T BE MORE HELPFULL ,KIND AND BRILLIANT
TO NEW FISHIES LIKE ME.CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS A LOT.

Go to: