dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Walkthrough

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 22, 16 9:41 AM
Is there going to be a WT available? Thanks.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Walkthrough

[Post New]by demon13 on Feb 22, 16 12:56 PM
Doubt it,,,Seem's like they write them anymore for SE's,,,,Maybe someone else know's...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 22, 16 3:14 PM
Hi dollyflower and demon13,

I see that there is some question as to if a walkthrough for this particular game will be available. At this time, the developer hasn't provided a walkthrough to Big Fish. It is definitely recommended to continue to check on our Games Walkthroughs page. That is where we will post any walkthroughs available for our Collector's Editions and standard editions.

In the meantime, if you are having trouble getting through a particular point in the game, feel free to post your question in the main page of the Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle page by clicking on the blue 'Create New Discussion' button.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Feb 22, 16 11:22 PM
Um, yeah, BF doesn't fund Walkthroughs anymore (which is just fine, not your job at this point folks) but always check You Tube. For this kind of game it works great.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 22, 16 11:38 PM
I sincerely wish developers would realize that providing a walkthrough for HOG's or puzzle games would not only increase sales, but customer satisfaction. If someone buys a game, gets stuck and cannot find a walkthrough, they probably will be less enthusiastic about buying another game from that developer in the future.

A couple of years ago when a particular HOG was released, the developer was monitoring the forum for the first few days. Many people said that without a walkthrough they were not going to purchase the game. Since prohibits URL's for other sites to be published on this site, the dev responded with a PM to at least some of us and said there was a walkthrough available on their own site. The dev asked that we spread the word to all who wanted the information. BFG does not allow web addresses in PM's either, but all we had to do was perform a web search for the developer's name and go to the site. There were a lot of very happy players who promptly bought that game!

I would purchase this game if a walkthrough was provided on a safe, reliable site. I played the demo and enjoyed it, but I am not going to buy it and get stuck at some point and not be able to finish it.

Edited on 02/22/2016 at 11:45:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 23, 16 12:09 PM
WHAAAAAAT ? ? ? BFG no longer provides walkthroughs for SE games? I didn't realize that. What a disappointment!

I was enjoying the demo of this game and considering getting it, but I know the puzzles will get harder and harder as it progresses. I feel uneasy about getting it without having a walkthrough available in case I get stuck.

Maybe I should hold off buying it until I can see if BFG decides providing a walkthrough for a game this challenging will promote enough sales to make it worth it after all. Most likely websites that DO provide walkthroughs offer this same game for sale if BFG doesn't end up deciding to make a walkthrough for it available soon.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by chocovelvet on Feb 23, 16 3:32 PM
There is a guide/walk through/tips on Developers [Removed by Moderator] website

Edited on 02/25/2016 at 10:05:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 24, 16 9:19 AM
chocovelvet wrote:There is a guide/walk through/tips on Developers community website

Hello Chocovelvet,

Thank you for this information.

I think I'll check it out to see if I think that would give me the help I'd need if I bought this game and ended up getting stuck. If so, I might just purchase this game after all.

Thanks again!!!

Classicaljazz

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Feb 24, 16 1:58 PM
Can't find anything helpful there. But, in a way I am finding my way through those rooms, sometimes it's really tricky! The help lamp is not too helpful. One has to think it out, then have a go - and if it was totally wrong just do the room again.
When I play chess I have to think before moving as well.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Feb 24, 16 8:14 PM
I found a great walkthrough site, not sure I can post the link here, will try, [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 02/25/2016 at 9:34:33 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 25, 16 9:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address a few things in this discussion.

Classicaljazz, the Forum Moderation Team completely understands wanting to see walkthroughs for different types of games. I want to assure you that we'll still be posting available walkthroughs for standard version games, as well as Collector's Editions, on our site. As others have mentioned, we don't currently have a walkthrough for this title, but if one is made available it will be listed on our Game Walkthroughs page.

It's definitely understandable to want to find walkthroughs for games. However, I'd like to ask that we all make sure to follow the Forum Rules while posting. Specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

In order to keep the forums secure and accessible for everyone, we request that outside links not be included in discussions or messages on the forums, and that other game sites aren't discussed. If you've found an outside walkthrough that you'd like to share with others on the forums, we encourage doing so by posting instructions for finding it using a search engine.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. If anyone has questions about walkthroughs, please feel free to PM a Moderator, and we'll be happy to help.

bfgPanthalassa

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Mar 9, 16 2:02 PM
I found one long list of moves for all the levels by googling "Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle (PC) Walkthrough" but note that some of the levels are in error (or working with a different version). NOTE I'm leaving out site names.

There are also German language YouTube walkthroughs for all the regular levels and Basements 1, 2 and half of 2. (Language is irrelevant to the solving) You might search there.for "Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle"

Go to: