potato chips and the wolfs tree

[Post New]by DivineThing on Dec 12, 09 7:24 PM
i have the regular 6.99 version. i have read other posts that say you don't need
the potato chips in order to proceed. but in my game, there is no hidden object
scene at the wolf's tree and there needs to be one to get the next inventory item. please advise me
on how this works without the hidden object scene.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

potato chips and the wolfs tree

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 12, 09 7:30 PM
DivineThing wrote:i have the regular 6.99 version. i have read other posts that say you don't need
the potato chips in order to proceed. but in my game, there is no hidden object
scene at the wolf's tree and there needs to be one to get the next inventory item. please advise me
on how this works without the hidden object scene.
In the regular version you don't have the hidden object game at the wolf's tree. There is no inventory item at that location in the 6.99 version.

If you don't know where to go next perhaps the Blog Walkthrough for this game will help you. It is on the Big Fish blog at:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/

Good luck!

Re:potato chips and the wolfs tree

[Post New]by DivineThing on Dec 12, 09 8:49 PM
thanks for your help, lizziek. i skipped an entire section of the game. i did finish the game. i will play it again but the 6.99 version is not up to par with my
expectations of MCF games. wish they had only one version for everyone to play.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 5:47 AM
DivineThing wrote:thanks for your help, lizziek. i skipped an entire section of the game. i did finish the game. i will play it again but the 6.99 version is not up to par with my
expectations of MCF games. wish they had only one version for everyone to play.
I agree about having one game for everyone. I'm glad you made it through. Have fun!

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Dec 13, 09 8:43 AM
I too am having the same problem. I am following the walkthrough but when I skip the wolf tree and keep following the walkthrough i can't gt anymore **** scenes so i can;t finish the game either. Can someone tell me where to go next?

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Dec 13, 09 9:26 AM
If you are at the end, but can not finish, you don't have the five things in inventory that you need to finish. The walkthru says that if you don't have them, the game won't proceed to the end and to go back and get them. You have to have the urn (with the ashes from the fire) , feather, sunflower seeds, mercury and salt. Check the walkthru for the location of whatever inventory you are missing.

[Post New]by nansbabygirl on Dec 13, 09 9:48 AM
Where do you find the last coin for the sunflower seeds?

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 10:00:12 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 13, 09 12:36 PM
That depends on where you found the first two. Of the three, two are in a HOG and the last needs an inventory item to retrieve.

Go to: