Anyone else disappointed?

[Post New]by kayti82598 on Dec 13, 09 4:57 AM
I have been waiting and waiting for this game to come out. I'm a HUGE MCF fan.

I was so excited to see it as the game yesterday, tried the demo and loved it. Bought the full game and boy was I disappointed.
RTR too me about 5 days to finish, it was a great game. DG was boring, short and not half as good.
Definitely glad I only bought the 6.99 verson. Don't know if I will be by more MCF in the future.

Anyone else disappointed?

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:Anyone else disappointed?

[Post New]by polexia on Dec 13, 09 7:11 AM
I'm glad I didn't spend $20 on it.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 7:21 AM
I loved this game. It was worth the money to me and I was not disappointed at all.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 13, 09 7:34 AM
Loved it! bought the $19.99 version and glad I did.

paulmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by paulmiss on Dec 13, 09 7:38 AM
i too am disappointed. tried several times to play but there's too much hopping around

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Dec 13, 09 7:48 AM
No.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 8:05 AM
paulmiss wrote:i too am disappointed. tried several times to play but there's too much hopping around

That's the way these types of games are designed(on purpose). You probably need to look for a different type of game that doesn't require hopping around. There are many HOG games that require you to find specific objects and solve a few mini puzzles without having to move around and use items in any specific way.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 13, 09 8:09 AM
I liked the story and adventure part but I was disapponted in some aspects of the game- I did not think it was much of an advancement from RTR- I suppose I was expecting a change such as the new Hidden Expedition had.
The hidden object part- which is most of the game- was still junk pile and returning to the same scenes looking for the same stuff- I would have thought they move on from that.

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Dec 13, 09 9:40 AM
I also felt it was short. I used the walkthru on RTR and DG. But was able to do the puzzles easier on my own in DG. I was finished in 4 1/2 hours. i am so glad I didn't pay $20. To me, even if it did have the extras from ce, it would still only be worth $6.99. I buy the Harry Potter games. I pay a lot more, but I expect a lot more. They will take days to originally complete and I replay them often. I play my over and over also and I can get thru RTR in a few hours now. Once I replay a few times. DG will probably take less than 2 hrs. I don't know of another that I have that I can complete in that time. JMHO

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 13, 09 9:44 AM
It was too easy for me. I'm glad I bought the CE. I wouldn't have had any replay value out of the standard edition.

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Dec 13, 09 10:02 AM
the game, worth the 19.99.....

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Dec 13, 09 10:03 AM
First of all I think the game was good. But was it as good as RTR? I personally don"t think so. At a loose moment, I bought the $20.00 game. The best thing about that was the strategy guide, which I used some. I am disappointed that You don't get all the extra's if you don't get all the achievements. For what ever reason this game ran slow on my computer when it came to the puzzles. So out of frustration, I skipped a puzzle or I would still be trying to make it work!!!It was enjoyable and I had to wear a sweater because the game made me "cold" lol!!!! I still don't know where the snowshoes went. I solved the riddles and that was that!! Should have gotten the $6.99 game. But I love the MCF games, it's just going to be tough to compete with the RTR MCF games. OK, I've griped enough, Thanks BF, but I think if you buy the $20 game you should GET all the extra's!!!!!!!

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Dec 13, 09 10:17 AM
I love this game. I'm thinking this is not the end to the Legend of the Ice Lady.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Dec 13, 09 11:53 AM
I really enjoyed this game!!! I wish we had more like it. For me it wasn't too easy or too hard, just right.
I do have one problem with it though and that is the 'morphing?' I haven't found any of that and I even checked with the walkthrough and the places they have marked don't work for me. It really doesn't matter anyway cause you don't have to find those to complete the game.

shastac2

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 11:57 AM
Misty40 wrote:I love this game. I'm thinking this is not the end to the Legend of the Ice Lady.

I'm kind of hoping she will be rescued. It certainly wasn't her fault that she was sacrificed.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 11:59 AM
MCF Dire Grove is a good game but for me it is not as good as MCF RTR.

I liked the hidden object game play. It is the same as MCF RTR. The graphics are clear and the objects for the most part are not too difficult to find.

I got the CE version so I like searching for the morphing items. That was a unique and interesting twist to the game.

I didn’t like the Blair Witch effect type videos in the game.

The puzzles were not interesting, varied or challenging. The puzzles seemed to be sort of stale and not up to the normal MCF standard. There also weren’t as many puzzles as we have seen in the MCF series.

For me the CE version is not worth three times the price of MCF RTR or Madame Fate. It is a good game but the extra game content doesn’t seem to be worth it. There was a lot of hype about secrets to the MCF series being in the extra content and there is just not anything of substance there, or it’s hidden so well that no one has found it yet.

If you got the CE version, the reward for achieving all of the badges is a nauseating video. After working so hard to achieve all the goals I feel like the office tour video is a punishment rather than a reward.

I really wanted to like this game and I do like the game but I don’t love it. I think the way it was marketed has put me off and as a result I don’t feel the same joy that I felt when I played MCF RTR.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 13, 09 12:00 PM
I'm not disappointed easier - I was just hoping for a little more bonus content that referred to "secrets of past and future MCF games".

[Post New]by SharonLee1945 on Dec 13, 09 12:08 PM
I purchased to $20. game and used the walk throug many times but I think they promised more. I was upset when 2 weeks later I could buy the game and guide cheaper. I enjoy the game as I have all MCF games.

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Dec 13, 09 8:21 PM
NOT disappointed at all. Thanks BFG! It's taking me quite a while to finish, but I'm stubborn and refuse to use hints or walkthrough. And I don't understand the $6.99 people complaining about not getting as much as the $20 folks. DUH!

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 8:22:06 PM PST

Leeta
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Leeta on Dec 13, 09 8:36 PM
I loved this game. Even though I finished in less than six hours, I'd buy it again. Beautiful graphics.

Go to: