Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dragon Scales 2: Beneath a Bloodstained Moon here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 24, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 6:09:55 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dragon Scales 2: Beneath a Bloodstained Moon here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 24, 16 3:41 AM

DragonScales 2 is a puzzle game based on matching 3 or more tiles.

Game Play
You are given 3 tiles that you must place anywhere on the board. Placing the first tile is completely open but the subsequent tiles must be placed next to the previously placed tile. This is the strategy - to place the tiles so that you don't block yourself but make enough matches. At the bottom of the screen you are given goals that you have to meet to complete the level. There is a tutorial that will teach you what to do - playing the tutorial is optional.

Mini Games
In between the levels are boss levels and mini games. The boss levels you are playing against another character who places random tiles. The mini games were too quick for me - they require very fast clicking and reflexes, but it didn't matter. It did look as if you could simply close them if you wanted to and not play them. They earn you coins but by the end of the demo hour I still had no idea what the coins were for - apparently that comes later.

In general I found this to be a relaxed puzzle game that was very easy for me. It did become more complex but by the end of the demo hour I cannot decide if I want to purchase it because I still have no indication if this game will actually challenge me or just be a very relaxed game to the end. (I have a very limited budget for games, I choose them very carefully!)

I definitely recommend you try it, it's definitely worth having a look at.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 3:44:05 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dragon Scales 2: Beneath a Bloodstained Moon here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 24, 16 6:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on DragonScales 2: Beneath a Bloodstained Moon here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on DragonScales 2: Beneath a Bloodstained Moon.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 24, 16 7:30 AM
Actually, it seems more like a puzzle game than a match 3 . Not my cup of tea. You may like it though. USe the free trial.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 26, 16 11:27 AM
A very kind and generous person sent me a voucher to purchase this game a day ago and I'm very grateful!

So here is the rest of the review:

This game is a lot of fun and very challenging. I've been at it for hours and I'm not even half-way. Every new set of levels there is something new and unexpected that prevents you from getting bored with the game - for example having to match 4 tiles and no longer 3 tiles. The "boss" levels also have new twists and turns. It makes the game quite addictive just to see what's going to happen next.

As you progress you are given spells by the creatures you defeat in the challenges. The coins you collect throughout the game are used to buy these spells and they will give you certain advantages.

You can skip the mini games by closing the board, however, even if you fail they give you a few coins for trying. I also noticed that with the coins mini game you need to hover your mouse over the flying coins and you don't have to click them - that makes quite a difference.

I highly recommend this game!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 7:33 AM
[review based upon completed adventure and coliseum modes)

156 boards and 3 types of minigames that appear in between every few boards. The adventure mode is divided up into 10 levels with 15 or 16 boards to play in each. Starts out baby easy but does get extremely hard in some of the later levels. I was on auto-pilot for the first half of the game but there are some boards in the second half that are stumpers! Storyline was sort of silly, but I liked the comments the bosses make when you're fighting them LOL. Soundtrack was taken from the first game - I liked it there, but because this game is so much longer, it got really monotonous listening to it after a while. Beautiful HD graphics.

I noticed that the difficulty level fluctuates from board to board within a level, much as it did in the first DragonScales game. You don't get any powerups until you've played about 25% of the way through, probably to keep you from using them all up too soon because you'll need them later.

The boss battles were a fun challenge. After you beat them in the adventure mode you can play them in the coliseum mode. The coliseum mode is a harder version of all the boss battles because the bosses have more energy points and you're playing on a smaller board.

I didn't play the practice mode, but it seems that practice mode may be endless since the game mentions adding in new boards each time you play the practice mode so that would be great if you want to chill out. and a half stars from me for a great sequel!

Edited on 03/04/2016 at 9:32:22 PM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Mar 5, 16 9:46 PM
It took me 30 hours to finish, off and on.

Go to: