Can not run game in Mac os x (snow leopard, 10.6.2)

[Post New]by linuxgnuru on Dec 13, 09 7:20 AM
When ever I try to start this game, I get:

Application Error
This application cannot run.

Granted, I did only download the 1 hour demo, but does anyone else who bought the game have this same error?

Re:Can not run game in Mac os x (snow leopard, 10.6.2)

[Post New]by butterflie715 on Dec 13, 09 3:57 PM
I actually get the game open but when it asks for my profile name, no matter what I put in or don't put in, it says "sorry you must make a profile to play the game. Then I have to right click to close the game

UGH

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Dec 13, 09 8:34 PM
The demo ran OK for me on Mac OS X.5.

[Post New]by linuxgnuru on Dec 13, 09 10:57 PM
Yeah; I'm guessing it's a snow leopard issue

[Post New]by linuxgnuru on Dec 15, 09 1:03 AM
Actually, I can't get it to run on my mom's Macbook either and she's using Leopard 10.5.3... Since I'm using a Macbook Pro; maybe it's just a laptop problem.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jul 22, 11 5:28 AM
I am having the same problem and not on a laptop. Doesn't matter what I put in the player profile, keeps telling me I need to create one. Anyone have a fix???

Sue

[Post New]by Regrettable on Nov 4, 11 3:38 PM
I had similar issue for a different game and contacted customer support. The message I received shows below:

This is XXX from Seattle, WA. I can see there's been some trouble playing Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst on your new OS X Lion operating system and you would like a refund. I will certainly help you out with this today.

We've been noticing several of our games are having trouble playing on the newest Mac operating system, OS X Lion. This includes Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. It seems that some games that were previously released are having some conflict with the way that OS X Lion plays games. We are currently working with the developers of these games in figuring out if we can release fixes or updates that will help these older games work with this new operating system. This may take a week or two to get some additional information back from our developers on what the future holds for these games' compatibilities with OS X Lion.

In the meantime, I went ahead and issued you a refund for Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst in the amount of $10.59 USD each. You should be seeing these funds credited back to your account in the next 5-7 business days, but hopefully sooner. Keep in mind, that you can always check out the 60 minute free trial of a game before you purchase, as it allows you to see if the game will work well on your OS X Lion Mac before you commit to buying the game. If you'd like more information on free trials, please see the following help article below:

<link omitted>

I hope you're able to get some new games that work great on your computer that you really like. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly and let me know. I'm here to help.

Go to: