Full size screen not working

[Post New]by mrsdlr on Feb 25, 16 9:23 PM
Going through some older games I have and wanted to play Gypsy's Tale, but it won't open to full screen on my laptop no matter what I have checked in the options. It stays a small box in the upper left corner of my screen. I do have Windows 10. Any help or suggestions?

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

Re:Full size screen not working

[Post New]by plat1098 on Feb 28, 16 5:40 PM
I got this also. I figured out it's the screen resolution because the game was opening in a little 5 x5 inch window, that and having to be whitelisted by my firewall twice. Windows 10, gotta love it.

If you have W10: settings--system--advanced settings in "display" window, then play with your screen resolution. I tweaked mine all the way down to 1280 x 1024, not daring to go farther.

Add: For this desktop PC, I later set it all the way to the last available setting: 800x600 without problems, which covers the screen but also keeps the window minimize, enlarge, and exit functions at the top of the screen.
You have to remember to click "apply" for this setting and naturally, to readjust your resolution when you're finished with the game for the session. Keep your Settings minimized on your taskbar to make it easier to access when you exit the game. Game runs OK, thank goodness.

Edited on 03/01/2016 at 4:59:05 AM PST

[Post New]by mrsdlr on Mar 13, 16 7:51 PM
I will give that a try! Thank you!!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Sep 4, 16 8:56 AM
Still playing this gem w/Windows 10 version 1607. Plays well with absolute lowest screen resolution.

Here's hoping this great game sticks around for a long time to come.....

Go to: