voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Stone Circle with Butterflys

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Feb 26, 16 3:10 AM
I think I have lost the plot! I cannot understand what to do here. I have checked the SG but it does not make sense to me. Like, 4x3, does that mean to turn that reel 3 to the left or right?

Please can someone put me out of my misery?

Thank you in advance

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Stone Circle with Butterflys

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Feb 26, 16 3:41 AM
Perseverance always works. LOL!

Figured it out. Need to turn the circles clockwise carefully to the moves stated in the SG.

fpours
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by fpours on Feb 26, 16 8:34 PM
Thanks, that works. Just didn't know which way to turn the dials.

Jujube2010
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Jujube2010 on Feb 28, 16 12:04 PM
I am sorry - I am stuck here too and I do not understand what I need to do. I moved all the dials clockwise according to the SG but that does not get me to the solution. What am I doing wrong?

Jujube2010
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Jujube2010 on Feb 28, 16 4:26 PM
I just realized something else.....the picture in the SG does not match the starting point for the puzzle in the game. Could this have something to do with me not being able to figure this out.

Ready to bang my head on the desk.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Feb 29, 16 6:43 AM
The puzzle does work as stated by moving each of the dials clockwise the number of times listed for each dial. The picture in the SG doesn't affect the instructions. Just need to be sure you don't turn the wrong dial each time, or the wrong number of turns each time. The shaking and turning tiles on the dials made me take my time turning each dial, as I felt I was going to turn the dials too far at times.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 7, 16 10:54 AM
How far do I turn the dials?????

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 7, 16 3:36 PM
head-desk.

I was going to use the strategy guide in hopes of understanding how to align these....
because it seemed even more persnickety than the usual puzzle of this sort.....
and I accidently hit "skip" instead of the SG button.

I ardently wish there were default locations on ALL games, for where the skip, hint and SG buttons were.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 8, 16 6:40 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:How far do I turn the dials?????

You turn the dials clockwise just one tile space at a time, so if it says 4X3, you move the dial numbered "4" in the SG 3 tile spaces clockwise, but don't click on the tiles themselves. The shaking tiles made me a little nervous, but I managed to keep from turning the dials too far.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 8, 16 6:46 AM
tookat wrote:head-desk.

I was going to use the strategy guide in hopes of understanding how to align these....
because it seemed even more persnickety than the usual puzzle of this sort.....
and I accidently hit "skip" instead of the SG button.

I ardently wish there were default locations on ALL games, for where the skip, hint and SG buttons were.

I totally agree. I get so upset when the SG button is right by the Hint button. Played another new game the other day. The SG button was a thin ribbon below the large flower Hint button, and sure enough I clicked on the flower instead of the SG button, and skipped a puzzle that I didn't need to skip. At least it was the demo, so after I buy the game I can start over with a new profile and know to be a lot more careful. Just doesn't make sense to me why some developers do that with the SG button. Should always be on the opposite side, as should any maps, journals, Achievement button, etc.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 8, 16 6:50 AM
Rob_Blake wrote:
KathyGriggs wrote:How far do I turn the dials?????

You turn the dials clockwise just one tile space at a time, so if it says 4X3, you move the dial numbered "4" in the SG 3 tile spaces clockwise, but don't click on the tiles themselves. The shaking tiles made me a little nervous, but I managed to keep from turning the dials too far.

That makes sense. Thank you Rob!

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Jul 10, 16 11:44 AM
voiceofreason wrote:Perseverance always works. LOL!

Figured it out. Need to turn the circles clockwise carefully to the moves stated in the SG.
hey voiceofreason. what do you mean by carefully?

[Post New]by TJayInOz on Jan 6, 17 3:29 AM
For anyone who found the SG a bit difficult to follow (gimme a break - I'm old and I had a migraine at the time) I broke it down into step by step and fixed a couple of typos that were really doing my head in:

* Solution: (turn dials clockwise)
* 4×3
* 5×3
* 3×2
* 3x1
* 3×2
* 5×2
* 4×3
* 3×3
* 5x1
* 4×4
* 3×2 (J).