Level 3-12

Level 3-12

[Post New]by tamijohns on Feb 26, 16 5:32 AM
I feel like an idiot but I can't get past level 3-12 because of the green scale on the bottom with two empty slots on either side and a designated blue scale above it. Can someone help me out?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 3-12

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 26, 16 7:31 AM
Welcome to the pond!

I've only played the demo so far and haven't gotten to this point of the game yet. It sounds like it's a one space wide column and the blue scale is blocking off the green scale where you need to clear both? If so, the trick is to "build in and clear out". Since you only ever get one scale of the color you need at any time, you have to first get a set with the blue scale being the first or last one and putting that into place, then making setups with the other scales in front to clear them out until you get a big enough opening again and then get a set with the blue one being first or last to clear the blue scale. Then you have to clear all the blocking scales out once more to work on the green scale the same way.

If this doesn't quite make sense but you played the first DragonScales game, level 4-4 in that game is solved with this type of strategy. Hope that helps!

Edited on 02/26/2016 at 7:33:43 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 26, 16 7:49 AM
The solution is to place tiles as follows:

1. Any colour in the corner
2. Green
3. Blue (below where there is a forced blue block.)

4. Now make a match with the blue by placing a blue tile in the blue block and placing another blue somewhere there in the next move or so.

5. This now takes away the blue tile that was above the green tile and gives you 3 empty slots to place a sequence that has a green in it on the other side of the green tile.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Feb 26, 16 9:17 AM
Janette5 and tamijohns:

When I saw tamijohns post earlier, no one had replied at that point, so I went back and replayed that level, so I could attempt to explain what I did. At the same time, I thought to myself, where is SynthpopAddict, who always comes to the rescue! Then when I came back to the forum, I was happy to see SynthpopAddict's reply, but, sadly she had not played that level yet. I then wrote a long post, doing my best to explain this to tamijohns, and hit the "Post Reply" button...and the screen went white and I lost everything I had just written! So........I was happy to see that Janette5 had saved the day (hopefully for tamijohns) and.....explained it much more concisely than I had written!

SynthpopAddict: Hi! I'm glad to see you back in another game forum!

This is my first time playing Dragon Scales (I don't remember, but I must not have been able to download the first one when I had Windows XP). But I have Windows 10 now, and I love the HD graphics on this game as well as the different take on match 3. I'm still anxiously waiting for Jewel Match V to come out! Hope to "see" you later!

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 26, 16 9:54 AM
Hi skpjazz - here's a trick I use on these forums:

Before you click on post reply - high-lite your text - press ctrl-c. That way when everything goes boom you can just reply again and press ctrl-v and paste everything back in the thread.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Feb 26, 16 11:25 AM
Thanks, Janette5! I'll remember that next time.

Edit for : SynthpopAddict:
I reread your earlier post and realized that you had also explained what you need to do on this level. Even without playing it, you knew what to do. I had to go back and see it and do it before I could explain it! I didn't mean to discount your explanation to tamijohns, it just didn't sink in what you were saying until I replayed it. Both you and Janette5 gave excellent but different explanations. The reason I'm going on about this is because this is exactly what I'm working on...having a better understanding of how to play these games.

Edited on 02/26/2016 at 12:45:04 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 26, 16 9:25 PM
Hi skpjazz, good to see you here in this forum!

Based on what Janette5 is saying in her earlier post I think I didn't have the strategy exactly correct. Was making an educated guess based on what I'd seen in the first game and Tamijohn's description of the tiles, but I now think the tiles are different than what I was thinking of, so Janette5 explained it better. Still haven't reached that point of the game yet since life has once again gotten in the way of gaming time, but will get back to it as soon as I can.

If you enjoy DragonScales 2, I'd recommend checking out the first game too...it has the same HD graphics and play mechanic. Quite a bit shorter at only 56 levels and no minigames or bosses to beat though. Oh, and my contact with the JM design team hasn't given me an update on the new game's progress so I hope it's still coming along and they haven't hit any major snags.

[Post New]by suehawkinsmcclur on Feb 27, 16 9:37 AM
I've read through this thread several times but still can't figure this out. I can make matches of 3 or more blues around and on the blue box but the box does NOT go away....nor do any of the other colored boxes. I can see no way of solving this one. Can someone enlighten me further?

[Post New]by suehawkinsmcclur on Feb 27, 16 9:41 AM
Just after I posted I stumbled on the solution. Never mind.

[Post New]by tamijohns on Mar 1, 16 11:02 AM
OK, I am still confused but thanks for all the help. The problem is the blue tile is permanent, it does not go away. then there is a green tile below it with two empty tiles on either side. Since the tiles are played in multiples of 3, I cannot figure out how to place tiles to either side to free the green tile...

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 1, 16 12:20 PM
Tami, based upon Janette5's earlier post I think you have to mess around with other parts of the board until you get a 3 scale set where it is "any color, green, blue" in that order and then put that set into the spots Janette was mentioning. Then you have to clear out the blue with another scale set containing blue which then opens up the area in question.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 1, 16 12:36 PM
Hi tamijohns - I've sent you a link to a screenshot by pm.

It's a lot easier to explain with a visual.

If anyone else wants the link please pm me.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Mar 1, 16 3:58 PM
Thank you Janette5. I played for 3 days without solving and you made it seem so easy!

[Post New]by 1Pookabear on Mar 3, 16 12:10 PM
Please somebody I need a screenshot too!!

What does "pm" mean?

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 3, 16 2:17 PM
PM = personal message but I see you worked it out. I sent you the link.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 8, 16 3:30 PM
Solution detail of the bottom part. Dedicated blue scale spot is the blue [B] :

xxxxxxxxxxxxx[B]

xxxxxxxxxxxxblue

xxxxxxgreenxxxxxxxx[empty]

[any color]xxgreenxxxxxx[empty]

1) Wait until you get a scale set which is any color, green, blue in that order. Put this set into the three spots on the left side of the bottom section so as to create the pattern above.

2) Get 2 other scale sets such that there is a blue in the dedicated [B] spot and a third one above it somewhere so as to match out the blue. There will now be 3 empty spots on the bottom right.

3) Wait until you get a scale set which is one of the following: green, any color, blue OR any color, green, any other color and put this into the open spots on the right at the bottom.

If for some reason you had some other scales occupying other spaces in the bottom where you can't get the setup in step 1 done you need to restart the level.

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Mar 9, 16 9:34 AM
I completed the game some days ago... created new player profile to replay it (adventure).... believe it or not i don't remember how I was able to solve 3-12..... this diagram was very helpful.... I had to try several times though because I didn't understand!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 9, 16 11:08 AM
Hi again, glad to have helped once more. Have you tried playing coliseum mode? I'm not sure if the devs were trying too hard to impress us in that game ending or if they're trying to get a laugh out of us.

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Mar 10, 16 5:38 AM
No I've not played the other modes I only play adventure........ I'm playing it again, very nice..... I prefer the puzzles and the chambers..... except for the final battle, it was very difficult, I spent a lot of time trying to beat that guy...... Honestly I didn't pay much attention to the story and the characters talking..... and the ending, it was ok, the best part was that I felt great because I finallly took down that guy!!!!! now I still had some coins to use powers, but the second time you play the game it's harder to get coins and then i'm starting to wonder if that final guy can be taken down without powers.... anyway....... I'm still on chamber 5.....

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 25, 16 7:40 AM
That was not an easy level.

Thank you for the hints on how to get that Green space at the bottom.!

Go to: