Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 27, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/27/2016 at 6:35:26 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 27, 16 6:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 1357wc on Feb 28, 16 12:00 AM
Windows XP

I was doing the slider puzzle in the electrically cabinet and the bars I am supposed to move kept coming off the board and I couldn't get them back on. Then I got a runtime error. I tried it twice. I guess I will uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

Getting tired of these problems. The game was playing great before that. Anyone else with this issue.

Edit: Reinstalling did not work for this game, I skipped it and so far everything seems to be ok. Fingers crossed.

Edited on 02/28/2016 at 1:02:43 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 28, 16 12:25 AM
Getting exactly the same runtime error. Sigh.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 28, 16 6:36 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing a runtime error message when trying to play this game. It may be helpful to ensure that your video card driver is up to date. I'll include a help article below:

If you find that you are still having issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help to further troubleshoot.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by wvickers4952 on Feb 28, 16 7:29 AM
Same problem here at electrical cabinet. I think that someone really should play these games before they are released to the public for sale !!!

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Feb 28, 16 11:18 AM
I also had that problem. closed the game and reopened and skipped it and then finished the trial.

karen

2nonou2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 2nonou2 on Feb 28, 16 12:11 PM
I'm using windows 10. I can play most games but some will not open.I get error: access violation at 0x030FD50.I uninstalled the game and the reinstalled.Same error message.Please help

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Feb 28, 16 2:27 PM
Same problem with the electrical cabinet - keeps kicking me out. Cannot play that puzzle. Will wait for ability to SKIP.

b17annie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b17annie on Feb 28, 16 2:42 PM
I also kept getting the Runtime error. Using Win 7, 64 bit. Game was running fine prior to vacuum tube puzzle. The lowest vacuum tube jumps off the screen. Already contacted Tech support. Did the usual uninstall reinstall, tried playing under a different name, system up to date. Glad to see I'm not the only one encountering this problem at the same point in the game. I'm a little surprised since this is the first time I've ever encountered a problem with this game developer. Come on BF, it's a program error and not an OS error.

[Post New]by Krissie54 on Feb 28, 16 10:39 PM
I am having the same problem with this game as I did with the last installment - it WILL NOT run in Windows 10. Installed but won't even start up. Tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 & 8.1 but no luck. I ran the compatibility wizard that comes with Windows 10 and it returned the "incompatible app" error message and notified Microsoft. I am running Windows 10 Professional 32-bit.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Mar 2, 16 7:21 AM
Same "runtime error"...also thick black bars top and bottom. I like this game so far but.....probably won't buy it.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Jessiyi01 on Mar 5, 16 10:09 AM
I purchased the game for PC want start keep getting error message Access Violation at 0x00000000 ( Tried to write to 0x00000000),Program Terminated. what should I do plz help.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 4:56:00 PM PST

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Mar 5, 16 4:31 PM
Just adding that my experience with the slider electric element game is the same. Pieces jumped off the board when tried to slide (which they did not). Finally, after trying that for several times the runtime error popped up. After the third time just deleted the demo. Not worth the hassle will wait til there is a fix.

[Post New]by cowlovin on Mar 5, 16 6:40 PM
I purchased the game and got all the way to the end where you battle the werewolf and my screen went blank.I shut it down and went back and it took away all the mistletoe I had to I can not finish the game because there is no more mistletoe. Idleted and reloaded the game and it still did the same thing.I just wanted to finishthe game and play the bonus chapter.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Editi

[Post New]by playerbobbysmith on Mar 6, 16 8:53 AM
Jessiyi01 wrote:I purchased the game for PC want start keep getting error message Access Violation at 0x00000000 ( Tried to write to 0x00000000),Program Terminated. what should I do plz help.

Me too! I finally solved it! It was definitely the VIDEO DRIVER - it turns out Windows 10 does not have a compatible driver because my PC is too old - the driver for my Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family was last updated in February of 2011, so I created a dual boot configuration on my laptop, installed Windows 7 on the second partition and updated my video driver from the installation default. It worked!!! So does PuppetShow Face of Humanity Collector's Edition and Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poe Curse of the Tell-Tale Heart, which were also causing the access violation error.

In the process, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to try to use Hyper-V and create a Windows 7 virtual machine, but found out my processor is too old, does not support SLAT (second level address translation), which is required for Hyper-V, so I had to use dual-boot, but I would be curious to know if it works in Hyper-V if someone who does this has a SLAT compatible processor. On an up note, as a result of that upgrade my computer is smokin' fast now, which will probably help with the other chronic problem I was having which was stuttering and freezing in some games, particularly the Haunted Hotel series. Will update this post when I can confirm this is fixed also.

Good luck!

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 11:44:00 AM PST

[Post New]by samiam1p on Mar 6, 16 5:46 PM
AussieMoo wrote:Getting exactly the same runtime error. Sigh.

I am running on Windows 8.1 getting exactly same runtime error message My drivers are up to date.

[Post New]by KlickityKlak on Mar 7, 16 1:13 PM
Downloaded game to my Macbook Pro. Once I get to the living room - all I get is a black screen and the cursor. Can't proceed - up to that point it seems to work. Do I need to change my settings or something?
Thanks

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 9, 16 3:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues people have been seeing in this game. I'm sorry to hear about the issues being reported here. When tech problems are occurring, our help articles are a good resource for troubleshooting. The following has information and steps that can address the problems being reported here, including display problems and runtime errors:

It sounds like some people have also been seeing access violations in the game. I recommend taking a look at the following help article:

Access Violation

For people who are specifically running into issues on Windows 10, the following help article can also be useful:

Windows 10

If people continue to encounter issues, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools necessary to gather information on and report issues, and are always happy to help.

I also understand there's some question over testing for our games. Our teams absolutely want people to be able to enjoy their games without experiencing technical problems, and all of our games are thoroughly tested before being released. However, due to the wide range of hardware and software configurations, some unforeseen issues may still come up. If this ever happens, please feel free to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. Any of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Apr 8, 16 11:30 AM
April, 8...still happening in BOTH the CE and regular games. Tsk, tsk!!!!!!

Go to: