Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 27, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/27/2016 at 6:35:31 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 27, 16 1:25 AM
I'm one of those Lover's of the game Developer! This is another great addition to this great series. IMO I know some of you won't like it...but I'm a big fan of this series and maker.

The graphics and animations are great. I never get tired of the story line or this series. I'm very happy to add it to my library of games.

I will leave the details to those who do a better job at it. But, I highly recommend this game! And at the very least...it's worth your time for the demo.

Enjoy...I know I will...and some of you who are a fan of this series...we're in for another great treat. And for those who are not a fan of this series...there is always another day for a new game you might like.

Happy Gaming

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Editio

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 27, 16 2:28 AM
If you have a "thing" about spiders...just letting you know that there are some here. I don't mind them, so I don't know what level of spider-ness is a problem. There was one crawling in and out of sight in a HOS. We collect metal spider parts to reassemble. They show up here and there...just sayin'.

Good graphics and voiceovers. The usual music for this series.

The game gimmick is triggered by collecting berries so we can have wolf "powers". There is a "wolf-o-meter" on the right of the screen to let us know we can "turn". Not really necessary, because we do it automatically, when the meter is full. When we transform, we will acquire 4 different wolf skills to help us on our way.

Collectible photos, 14 of them, explaining some history on the characters and story, end up on a bulletin board. Twenty achievements, game and performance, to strive for. You might want to look at them beforehand, as some are QUITE UNUSUAL. Actually, they might be the BEST part of the game, IMO. When we get them, they appear in a trophy-like, scenic layout.

Four levels of difficulty. Depending on how you play, you might want to un-check the "quick click penalty". It shows up on every level.

17 HOS to replay. We visit them twice. 12 mini-games to replay. They have a reset button and you can choose "casual" or "hard". Strategy guide, bonus game, and the usual CE stuff. Locking inventory and NO alternate game if you're not a HO fan.

Throw a dog a bone and seek something to act as a zipper-pull at the very start. It does get a little better after that. I'm not a fan of this series. Even so, I was immediately turned off by, what I saw as gratuitous gruesomeness.

I LIKE creepy, but again, some of it seemed over-the-top...like full-on torture related stuff.

Of course, all of the above is my own opinion. You may have a totally different take on it. Play the demo, and happy gaming.

Oh...played on a PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit...zero issues.

Edited on 02/27/2016 at 2:43:28 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 27, 16 5:09 AM
I like the series but this one is not too interesting. The gameplay is quite linear, which is alright but so little extra's that I don't understand why this is a CE. Yes, strategyguide and bonuschapter and the who cares stuff.
I didn't like it enough to buy immediately. So I won't be filling my punchcard this month.
I will wait for the SE. Which will suit me just fine.
Windows 7 home premium, no issues either

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 27, 16 6:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Feb 27, 16 8:35 AM
Based on the CE demo only.

A Druid wants your daughter ................... what do you do????

Good question ..... but it's not answered for me.

Graphics were .... ok. Everything dark and dreary. Meant to be spooky? If so, it missed the mark, as did the voice overs. OMGosh! Could the first character you meet speak in any MORE of a monotone?!?!?!?! Meant to be spooky? Missed the mark big time if so! Music typical of this developer. Sound fx ok.

Casual/Advanced/Hard and Custom difficulties.
You have a transportable map that works very well. You also have 'wolf powers'. Every time you collect "x" number of red plants one of your powers comes into play. It appears there are a possible 4 powers. Two are used during the demo.'

HOGs were list type you did go back and revisit the same HOG area at least twice. There is no alternate game to play if you prefer. Mini games were MANY ... IMO. Quite fun and not too difficult. In fact, in most cases, you could choose between 'casual' and 'hard' before you play them.

As to CE Bling. IMO there was nothing remarkable in this area. Just the usual replayable games, wallpapers, music, etc. No real collectibles or morphing objects .... which is what draws me into the CE game.

There were a few hmmmm moments. Does your character not speak??? Like, is he/she mute??? There is an instance where you are obviously being spoken to, yet remain 'mute, and simply hand over an object to identify yourself.

IMO, there isn't enough of the back story brought to the forefront of this game so you really know what's going on and why. Therefore, IMO, this is NOT a standalone game and you will need to play the earlier one in order to 'get' this one.

A good point? Well, the game flowed well enough that you knew easily where to go and what to do next .... even though the storyline was stilted (see paragraph above).

This is definitely not going to be a purchase for me in either the CE or SE for the above reasons and more. But, for those who like this series .................

ENJOY!

And OMGosh quiet that crying baby! My raging hormones went into overdrive!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 27, 16 11:02 AM
I really want to take advantage of the offer this w/end, but I don't think this is the one!
I gave up with this series around no.3 or 4, and thought I'd give it another look.....
Not really creepy, but not much humour to lighten the mood from what I saw (although I didn't get far....)
Only did about 20 mins and decided it wasn't for me

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 27, 16 2:29 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #6 in this series..yep, got the other 5 already. As always, I review on the game play and not the story, as others do a much better job on that than I. The graphics in this edition is exactly the same as all the others in the series, meaning, not bad at all, but nothing special or updated either. The colors are mostly grays, to give you that creepy feel, with some nice bright colors tossed in now and then. Game play was quite good, not problems during the demo and the game fit my large screen quite well. The music was rather quiet and somewhat soothing until something happens. Voice overs aren't bad, and are age and character appropriate. This game fell a little short with the sound FX. There are some, but there would have been a much better creepy feel with a little more.

HOPs are the usual and cannot be switched to something else if you get bored. Yes, there is a little variety, e.g., interactive silhouettes, straight lists, story type, and items are quite easy to see. You do play the same HOP multiple times. Hint system is helpful, but it does not transport you to longer locations. Get out your tennis shoes, you do an incredible amount of back tracking for one item or one objective. Jump map is very helpful and saves you a lot of time. Puzzles are painfully simple and nothing new at all. There is an over-abundance of rotating circle puzzles. One or two is sufficient, but this one went overboard.

The only collectibles I found are items related to this family, each having its own background story, e.g., family pictures, ring, knife, etc. Nothing exciting here. This game certainly could have use much more. The only other collection was berries. You collect a certain amount and they are supposed to "control" your urge to change to the wolf. When you are controlled, you gain a super power. So far, all I've seen is eyesight and strength, and there are only two more to get.

I really like this series and have the CE version of the other 5. However, I do not feel this one is anywhere near CE worthy. The demo was quite short and the story line has gotten very old. They either need to upgrade this one drastically, or retire it completely. Very disappointing for me. I wasn't keen on it when I beta tested it a few months ago either, and they obviously did not read the suggestions. This game might appeal to a beginner, but I don't think it has any challenge or anything that makes me want to get it. I will give it another try when the SE comes out, but I'm not holding my breath.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Feb 28, 16 1:59 PM
I've played all the Shadow Wolf Mysteries games and enjoyed them. This one was not that good. I was so confused at the end who was the druid?? I love ERS games they are a great dev I wish they toned downed the wolf noises and the baby crying I thought I was gonna scream I kept telling it to shut up! I rate this game a 3 outta 5

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of Wolfhill Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 13, 16 5:34 AM
Based on completed game and bonus

I have been playing different genres of games lately so it was nice to flip back to casual games and take a little ride with ERS. I enjoyed the game and had fun with it. No tech issues for me.

As far as story, it is a standard rescue mission kind of thing. Everyone you know in the game, including yourself, will get captured at some point! The story was interesting to me, and a good chunk of background is provided by finding the collectibles. The collectibles are pieces of evidence that go up on a board and you can click on them and get a description of the object's meaning to the story. These are not always easy to spot. They are in random locations throughout the game with no notice on the inventory bar they are there. And they are all sorts of different types of objects so it definitely adds to the challenge level if you want to collect them.

HOPs are very straightforward in this game. Lists of objects with a few interactive items. If you like your HOPs simple and to the point, you will like them. There were lots of puzzles in this one with the Casual/Hard option (which I love) though most on the Hard setting were quite doable for me without straining myself.

The final puzzle in the main game is (highlight to read): a set of 3 drag the ball through a maze of VERY thin tubes without lifting the mouse button puzzles. Now these puzzles can be frustrating - especially for people that don't want to skip but find the puzzle action difficult and/or simply annoying. So, just a friendly warning on how you will be ending the main game puzzle-wise if you choose to accept the mission. Took me 3 tries at the end and I don't usually mess these up much.

Length? Standard, but weighted on the bonus chapter. 48 pages of gameplay in the Strategy Guide, but 14 of those is the bonus. Main story ends definitively and bonus is a mini-adventure set a couple years after the events of the main game.

Simply for length of the gameplay in bonus chapter, I would recommend the CE on this one at a good price if you find yourself liking this game/series. For me, I enjoyed it. I'm not gushing over it, but I had fun and do not regret the purchase. Happy gaming!

Re:HELP

[Post New]by Flask1 on Mar 13, 16 8:46 AM
How do i open the druids safe??

Go to: