skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Need Advice on Level 6-7

[Post New]by skpjazz on Feb 27, 16 4:01 PM
I've had no problems until this level. This one is where you have to figure out whether the bomb should go off first or the arrows. I have ( I think) tried every combination of setting off the bomb first, then the arrows and vice/versa, then other combinations of arrow/bomb/arrow/arrow or arrow/arrow/bomb/arrow!! Evidently I'm missing something. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Need Advice on Level 6-7

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 28, 16 3:43 AM
It is important to first release the two arrows above the bomb so that the bomb moves down - then when you set it off it will clear two tiles around the green and the level is passable.

Be careful that you don't release the bomb simultaneously with releasing the arrows - you need to release the arrows by making matches to the side of the arrows, not down onto the bomb.

Thereafter the order doesn't matter - but the trickiest thing is to clear out the arrow at the bottom of the screen - so concentrate on that when the screen is still empty and you have space to place tiles that will block you.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Feb 28, 16 9:51 AM
Hi, Janette5,

Thanks for coming to my rescue, but I thought I did that on my last attempt before coming here for help.......evidently not!

I hate to admit defeat, because I like to figure these out myself, BUT...it's because the arrow at the bottom was the trickiest, and more time consuming, that I was getting impatient to get the right timing of setting off the bomb, and not spend all day on one level!

Update: I replayed the level as you described, and of course it worked! Thanks again. I didn't just want to get past this level; I wanted to understand how it works to help me in more difficult levels later. Now I see it!

Edited on 02/28/2016 at 11:09:37 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 28, 16 1:27 PM
Glad it helped.

But this game is sneaky - you try a level and get it right easily and then you try it again and nothing works out and you can't pass it ... or you get stuck so badly and hit replay and then everything works out so easily.

Go to: