Experiencing a bug

Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by ranman3116 on Dec 14, 09 10:32 AM
After Ben finds his dad's journal and reads it, instead of returning to the game, I get an error message and the game shuts down. It's frustrating to get this far in this wonderful game and apparently not be able to finish. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Re:Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by saraezzyk on Dec 14, 09 1:50 PM
im having the exact same problem... ive tried a dozen times and the same thing happens. hopefully they have something to fix this because i dont want to lose everything that ive done

[Post New]by s4mc33 on Dec 15, 09 9:32 AM
Me too. So frustrating. I had real problems activating the game after the demo as it kept telling me the file i was downloading was corrupt or invalid.

Very dissapointed, I wanted to finish it :-(

[Post New]by Bizetrose on Dec 15, 09 12:36 PM
I am having a different problem. Every time I save the game and come back to it the next day - all of my progress has disappeared and I have to start from scratch all over again.

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Dec 16, 09 2:00 PM
I'm having the same problem Bizetrose is having. I've made a lot of progress and I don't want to have to start over.

[Post New]by TheScribe on Dec 17, 09 11:46 AM
I'm also experiencing the bug wherein I get an error message when Ben reads his dad's journal re: his mom.

Very irritating as I cannot progress unless we get a fix for this

[Post New]by Lonnwy on Dec 17, 09 1:37 PM
I keep getting to any point in the game, and my email notifier comes up then all my restored flower beds go back to being trashed again ... is this supposed to happen?!

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 20, 09 7:22 AM
I am getting a very different problem that appeared after Ben finds the Journal. First of all the soundtrack changed to Gardenscapes music and now, even though I have more than enough money, it will not let me buy the last two restores (residents hut and statue) and so I cannot finish the game.........
Lonnwy, I thing the flowerbeds, pond, etc. have to be maintained.

[Post New]by pleaser on Dec 22, 09 8:15 PM
I am slo having problems being able to buy improvements to the fountain and statue. I have the money but nothing happens when I try to purchase them. I would also like to finish the game.
Thanks Mindy

ball8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ball8 on Dec 27, 09 6:02 AM
I have a different problem. I sold a masterpiece for an awkward price (negative). Thinking it was just a mispelled, I accepted... now I'm owning loads!!! I don't want to restart 'cause I'm almost building the fountain.... Does anyone have any suggestions?

[Post New]by sundaydd on Dec 28, 09 10:35 PM
OK - I guess we are all going through the same thing. When Ben reads his father's journal I get an error message and the game shuts down.
If there isn't a fix soon I think I will ask for a refund.

[Post New]by SallyVating on Dec 30, 09 3:17 AM
ball8 wrote:I have a different problem. I sold a masterpiece for an awkward price (negative). Thinking it was just a mispelled, I accepted... now I'm owning loads!!! I don't want to restart 'cause I'm almost building the fountain.... Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same problem, now I currently have -55,000+ in the bank. I don't want to start again, and it's going to take ages to earn the money again in order for me to continue to buy upgrades. Any ideas please???

Also, another one of my people performs shows at unbelieveable levels (e.g. level 2147566) This must be another bug too!

Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by babj13 on Dec 30, 09 4:44 AM
ranman3116 wrote:After Ben finds his dad's journal and reads it, instead of returning to the game, I get an error message and the game shuts down. It's frustrating to get this far in this wonderful game and apparently not be able to finish. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Same problem!!!

The error is: Access violation at 0x00402C89 (tried to write to 0x00000434), program terminated.

Does anybody can help us?

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Dec 31, 09 2:14 PM
Am having a problem, even deleted the game and reinstalled it.. lost all people and started over.. still having same problem as everyone else, slow people, having to Re-skill people and not able to complete game.. any fixes??? happy new Year!

[Post New]by willowwalkerII on Dec 31, 09 9:11 PM
I'm having a lot of issues with the restores and the upgrades. I'm on my third round of this game and apparently can't go any further...again. Each time I've played this I get so far and then I can't buy any upgrades or restores even though I have the money. This round I don't even have a "Restore Pier" option!

[Post New]by charlarene on Jan 2, 10 8:25 AM
I am guessing there is still no fix for the bug after the father's journal is found? Very annoying considering you pay for something and it doesn't work.

stup57
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by stup57 on Jan 2, 10 12:49 PM
Have any of you been in touch with tech support yet? They are great for helping. These are just forums ... not tech support. Look for a green envelop toward bottom of page.

Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by Catoche66 on Jan 3, 10 6:45 PM
babj13 wrote:
ranman3116 wrote:After Ben finds his dad's journal and reads it, instead of returning to the game, I get an error message and the game shuts down. It's frustrating to get this far in this wonderful game and apparently not be able to finish. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Same problem!!!

The error is: Access violation at 0x00402C89 (tried to write to 0x00000434), program terminated.

I'm also having this problem. I've followed the instructions in the BF FAQs and downloaded the latest version of DirectX but this hasn't made any difference and I'm loath to try any fixes that involve re-installing and starting over....have sent a message to tech support and received an acknowledgement stating it could be anything up to 72 hours before I get a response....sheesh!

Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by Catoche66 on Jan 6, 10 12:58 AM
Catoche66 wrote:
babj13 wrote:

Thanks.

Same problem!!!

I'm also having this problem. I've followed the instructions in the BF FAQs and downloaded the latest version of DirectX but this hasn't made any difference and I'm loath to try any fixes that involve re-installing and starting over....have sent a message to tech support and received an acknowledgement stating it could be anything up to 72 hours before I get a response....sheesh!

So I still haven't heard from tech support but to be fair it hasn't been 72 hours yet....in the meantime have any of you experiencing this problem found a way to fix it yourselves...? I'm so disappointed, I was really enjoying this game...

[Post New]by dazeefreek on Jan 9, 10 8:21 PM
I too am disappointed that I cannot continue any further then the diary, if anyone hears from tech support please PM. good luck everyone

Go to: