More Red Stones!!!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

More Red Stones!!!

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Feb 29, 16 6:20 PM
I'm tired of sending balloons or completing islander requests and only getting green stones. It takes 27 green stones to make one red stone. 27... that's ridiculous!!

Most of the building upgrades and palace clearing/building requires multiple red stones in order to be completed. How is this possible in a fair way if no red stones are ever given by the islanders or the balloons?

There should be a guaranteed way to receive red stones a few times a day. It doesn't matter whether it's a specific islander's request or a balloon delivery to a certain island that guarantees the red stone just something needs to be done to ensure that they are given on a more consistent basis.

It really shouldn't take hundreds of tasks* just to upgrade a window all because one red stone is required to complete it. And that's not even getting into how much time it takes to complete all of those tasks.

The balance for receiving red stones is way off in this game and the developers need to do something about it!

*I say hundreds of tasks because I may have to make over two dozen items just to send a balloon delivery off only to end up with a green stone for all of that work. Multiply that by 27 and it becomes hundreds of tasks over multiple days all for one measly red stone*

Eralcym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:More Red Stones!!!

[Post New]by Eralcym on Feb 29, 16 6:27 PM
I don't know if this helps at all, but I've noticed that Toy Island gives the best stones (mostly red or yellow) with Unicorn Island as a close second. I know they take longer to return, but it's worth it for getting more red or yellow stones. I almost never send balloons to the first island you unlock (forget it's name). It may come back quicker, but it always seems to be green stones.

I'm struggling to keep up with red stones too, but that has helped, so hope it helps you.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Feb 29, 16 6:56 PM
I don't have a Toy Island. If that's the 4th island you unlock, then it doesn't help me that it drops red stones frequently because I need red stones in order to upgrade my buildings to even be able to open that island in the first place. It's an unfair cycle.

As for the suggestion to use Unicorn Island, I'm constantly sending all 4 of my balloons to both Unicorn and Giant Island with zero luck. All I keep getting back from them are green stones.

Thanks for the advice Eralcym but it looks like I can't benefit from it because of the unbalanced way the game was programmed.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 1, 16 5:34 AM
It doesn't drop red stones a lot. Out of 10 balloons I am lucky to get 1 red stone. Before it was a little better but wasn't every time it came back. Keep making red. You only need need for the Amber blobs. Maybe 10 to 15. They are to do Windows and doors. Windows have been one and doors 2. Almost to the balcony in a few days and I will let you know how many. When you do Windows and doors you get seals to open other things like ballroom area and towers. Try to do 2 at night and get help. Do you know about the bench to make the colored stones? 3 green is one blue. 3 blue is 1 yellow and 3 yellow are 1 red. I wish I could help I have a lot of red stones but to do that I probably have to have them in my inventory and that wouldn't work to good. Hope this helps.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 1, 16 9:14 AM
Purdyenough - I appreciate the advice but the issue isn't that I'm not converting my green stones to red stones. The issue is that it takes 27 green stones to make one lousy red stone. The hundreds of tasks it takes (not to mention the time) to gather all those green stones just so I can upgrade one window is ridiculous!!

When the game was changed to make it harder to upgrade the buildings by requiring colored stones instead of glass and brick, then the game should have also changed to drop the colored stones (specifically the red ones) more frequently as well. It didn't and that is the prime reason why the game is not balanced and actually horribly unfair to new players.

Not to mention that once the palace was introduced areas that used to only require magic to clear now need those stupid amber blobs to complete which (yep, you guessed it) require RED STONES!! If you amp up the difficulty in your game, you also need to increase the drop rate of items that are necessary for completing those more difficult tasks. That's Gaming 101.

No one should have to do hundreds of tasks just to gain one item. Big Fish needs to do something about the imbalance in this game so it isn't easy but all the hard work that's required is for a worthwhile purpose. That's what makes a game fun to play. Right now Sunken Secrets is not fun to play!

RoHunDoc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by RoHunDoc on Mar 1, 16 5:29 PM
I agree! However, I don't believe it does much good saying it here...

I am finding the game frustrating and defeating... Everything is so time intensive! I find that by the time I finish producing all the items I need for an exchange or a balloon, their timer has run out.

It is really hard to make progress in the game without pearls.

There needs to be better balance between effort and reward. Also, allow more friends.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 1, 16 7:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here, and do know that the Forum Moderation Team does regularly check in with this forum to address any questions and concerns. We're always sure to share your feedback with the appropriate teams, as can be seen from the recent adjustments that were made to allow for easier inventory management, the ability to buy and sell special bricks and bits, and adjusted wait and production times.

Thank you all for your patience, and we hope you can still continue to enjoy the game in the meantime.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 1, 16 8:55 PM
I agree with you GameL. Are you getting any blue or yellow ones? The farther down the color the less to make a red. But by now you probably know that. I understand your frustration with the stones and upgrading windows and doors. It took me like forever to do just that to finish the top of the island before the update. Yes being new and trying to get the stones to unlock areas and other things isn't newbie friendly. I had many levels to get my supply up to more than 150 of each. I was converting green ones until I saw how valuable they are. I only do it now if I have to replenish my supply of a color. I also agree that that many stones and the time to produce that one stone isn't right either. Even though it took me a long time to get my supply up I wouldn't mind at all if they dropped more of the colors people need. Give everyone the chance and the items to fulfill the challenges and game needs.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 2, 16 9:15 AM
For every 15-20 balloons I send I may get one blue stone, Purdy. I can't even do the last level of building upgrades because I'm using all the stones I get to make red ones.

At this rate something that used to take players a couple of weeks to do will take me a few months. It's unfair and something that is completely correctable if only BF would up the drop rates of the red stones.

I can't even imagine how daunting all the upgrading is to someone who starts the game today. No wonder I keep seeing so many low level players quitting the game lately.

[Post New]by Talaxsunken on Mar 2, 16 12:31 PM
I know it's tough to do, but my recommendation is to forget the castle, until you can get the final island, toy island.. With the final island it takes 12 hours for a balloon, but I'd say there is nearly a 50 percent chance of getting a red stone, and most of the rest of the time you get a yellow. Note that I have still gotten green or blue from toy island, but it's rare.

You can shorten the 12 hour wait too, by asking for help.

The other 3 islands, especially panda island, will only get you green and blue, and sometimes yellow, extremely rare red.

The only other you can do is try to get more balloons, but that's expensive in pearls.

cait_m
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by cait_m on Mar 2, 16 12:38 PM
I agree with Talaxsunken. Balloons to Toy Island take 12 hours but yield higher XP and more valuable gems.

Fairy_penguin
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by Fairy_penguin on Mar 6, 16 8:01 AM
I hope by pointing this out that the developers don't change the formula. I've noticed that the XP per item is the determining factor in which stone is returned. Crates with XP items of 84 will return either blue or yellow. But anything above 90 will return a red stone. So if all islands are under 85, I wait the 12 hours or whatever for the delivery time to expire and see what comes up next. Time consuming yes, but if I want assurance I will get a red stone I wait.

Tarports
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Tarports on Mar 7, 16 2:09 AM
I've decided to ignore the new palace (I did start & got the 2 towers done)as I'm still trying to open up the trade route to Toy Island & suddenly realised this needed those Amber blobs! I need to increase my magic by another 500 to be able to de-curse this area which is going to take forever as a) increasing by 10 per window is very slow going and b) I have very few stones if any colour as I only get a couple of hours a day to play the game so can't send out many balloons - have even started opening the game before I go to work to try and send them out ready for when I get home lol

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 7, 16 4:05 AM
I sent out 7 balloons 2 days ago. I didn't get one red stone. I have been converting them to get my supply back up. To get a green one now they want 6 pallets and or eye glasses. It wasn't that way before. The whole game is greedy and they know it. Why make it this way and not change it. They want 6 necklaces and or earrings for some Amber. That 180 times 6. I could sell that and catch up with the coins I need to get Amber from greedy Ollie. It's a catch 22. I don't like this new update at all. Castle is cool but the greediness is just wrong.

[Post New]by amorris72200 on Mar 7, 16 2:11 PM
I agree, the lack of red stones has become a huge issue for my game play, if the don't fix it soon, I've got to drop the game... I love it but I do have a life outside the game and this was meant to pass time NOT consume it!!

BJDLE
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by BJDLE on Mar 8, 16 4:31 AM
Red stones are an issue. My palace is complete except for two dormer Windows, one balcony, and one door. To complete this I need 8 red stones and 40 pieces of Amber. I have the Amber. That was not too difficult but I can't seem to get any red stones. I will be putting this away for awhile.

[Post New]by chillnout1 on Mar 9, 16 6:33 AM
how and where do you make Red stones?

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 9, 16 6:55 AM
3 green equal 1 blue, 3 blue equal 1 yellow, 3 yellow equal 1 red. You use the alchamest bench to transform them. The same machine you use to decurse plants.

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 9, 16 6:58 AM
The game has gotten worse since update. I have a villager that wants 6 glasses and or pallets for a green stone. That's 7 hours on pallets alone. And then your production halts because you need pallets to make items. What happened to orange juice, stew and salads. I haven't got one villager that wants that. They have been all greedy and needy.

BethMo
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by BethMo on Mar 10, 16 8:18 AM
Fairy_penguin wrote:I hope by pointing this out that the developers don't change the formula. I've noticed that the XP per item is the determining factor in which stone is returned.

Thank you so much for pointing this out! I had never even noticed that the XP per item was tied to the balloon rather than varying from item to item within a balloon. I've been doing only the higher numbers for the last day, and gotten all red and yellow stones.

Go to: