bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 14, 09 6:24 PM
Hi folks!

We now have a walkthrough available for the standard version of Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove available on our blog.

To go straight to it, click here.

Happy gaming!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 11/30/2011 at 11:34:04 AM PST

bababebe
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by bababebe on Dec 18, 09 11:37 PM
i'm done with the game. i am curious though where the snow shoes should be used,,, i checked the walkthrough and i dont know if i just missed it but i did not see where it was supposed to be used

[Post New]by QueenBelle on Dec 20, 09 2:34 PM
Just finished also, and am also curious about the snowshoes??? Was it just meant to throw us off?

[Post New]by bigal625 on Dec 20, 09 4:42 PM
QueenBelle wrote:Just finished also, and am also curious about the snowshoes??? Was it just meant to throw us off?

[Post New]by csheeks on Dec 21, 09 9:30 PM
Heck, I am stuck right now very early. How do I get the electric on? Across the bridge? or the paper out of the tree? LOL I am at a loss right now.

[Post New]by amazingeh on Dec 22, 09 3:43 AM

ditto???

bababebe wrote:i'm done with the game. i am curious though where the snow shoes should be used,,, i checked the walkthrough and i dont know if i just missed it but i did not see where it was supposed to be used

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 22, 09 4:15 AM
There are several places where you have to go back for a second HOG soon after the first towards the beginning of the game.

Electricity is later once you can get to the farmhouse.
Across the bridge needs rope.
The paper out of the tree needs four items altogether.

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Dec 22, 09 12:08 PM
QueenBelle wrote:Just finished also, and am also curious about the snowshoes???

You needed to have the snowshoes available (i.e. in your inventory) or you couldn't go up the hill to the farm and ruins. You don't need to click on them -- the game engine just assumes you took one look at that snowdrift and put the snowshoes on .

[Post New]by pruddy on Dec 26, 09 5:32 AM
Your walkthrough keeps my blook pressure in check. After trying something several times, before I blow my top. I can come to you and the tension is relieved. Thank you.

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Dec 26, 09 5:31 PM
Ismene wrote:
QueenBelle wrote:Just finished also, and am also curious about the snowshoes???

You needed to have the snowshoes available (i.e. in your inventory) or you couldn't go up the hill to the farm and ruins. You don't need to click on them -- the game engine just assumes you took one look at that snowdrift and put the snowshoes on .

From what I have read, if you buy the more expensive edition of the game you will use the snow shows for bonus content. I can tell you that in the basic edition of the game if you don't have the snow shoes in your possession then you won't be able to walk to the ruins. You will be told that snow is too high. You are never told to put the snow shoes on but having them in your inventory allows you to walk towards the ruins.

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Dec 26, 09 5:35 PM
amazingeh wrote:
ditto???

bababebe wrote:i'm done with the game. i am curious though where the snow shoes should be used,,, i checked the walkthrough and i dont know if i just missed it but i did not see where it was supposed to be used

If you didn't have the snow shoes in your possession, you would not be allowed to walk to the ruins. You would have been told the snow is too high. Although you are never told to put them on nor do you have to pull them from inventory, just having the snow shoes allows you to walk to the ruins.

Stuck...No Felix Sketch Available

[Post New]by kavaky on Dec 28, 09 8:33 AM
There's no Felix Sketch to click on for me in the room where you find the letter from Dr. Anderson and where you go out on the ledge to cut the electricity.

It seems to have completely halted my ability to do anything else - like I can't use the hammer on the rabbit head or pick up the potato chips.

What do I do?!?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 28, 09 8:57 AM
Hi Kavaky,welcome to the forums!

You've probably been looking at the walkthrough for the collector's edition. Please look at this walkthrough instead

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

It will give you the answers you need.

Good Luck,

Margie B

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Dec 28, 09 11:00 PM
Well all I can say is thank goodness for this walkthrough.

I would usually give up on a game that left me clueless so much, but this one is too engrossing, so I'm glad I can play it out even with a lot of help.

Thank you!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 29, 09 4:31 AM
divegal wrote:Well all I can say is thank goodness for this walkthrough.

I would usually give up on a game that left me clueless so much, but this one is too engrossing, so I'm glad I can play it out even with a lot of help.

Thank you!

You're welcome divegal , glad to hear that you are finding the walkthrough helpful!

Margie B

[Post New]by crabmeat on Dec 30, 09 12:20 PM
I just finished the game and it is a great game, but like others what were the snow shoes for never used them in the game. This game gave me a challenge love a challenge hope for more games like this.

[Post New]by bigmama123 on Jan 4, 10 7:59 PM
i think i will die if some one does not tell me how to start the generator
i found the spark plug now what

[Post New]by Deeslena on Jan 5, 10 2:04 PM
I have just started the game and am having trouble. Every time I try to lift the key to open the trunk, the key goes to the inventory bar, and I point my cursor at the bottome to lift the inventory bar and it will not lift up. What do I need to do?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 5, 10 3:27 PM
You don't use the key to open the trunk. It has a puzzle on top of it.
(I'm assuming you mean the sailor's chest on the bed in the nautical room).

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Jan 5, 10 4:25 PM
ok, can somebody tell me where i find the car jack to lift the gate to get to the snowshoes. i have been thru everything and even scanned thru the walkthrough and i see nothing about the car jack to lift the grate.

Go to: