Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Hunt for Red Panda here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 2, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/02/2016 at 6:05:19 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Hunt for Red Panda here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Mar 2, 16 2:40 AM
Won't open; "Cannot find import..." error message. Windows XP.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Mar 2, 16 3:31 AM
I got the same problem as pita1234. Also on Windows XP.
Hope to be moving to a new PC and Windows 10 soon so, if no fix by then will try on new PC.

[Post New]by lile4ka on Mar 2, 16 4:32 AM
the game doesn't save(((!!!!
you have to start over every time after exiting

and also I couldn't move to the next museum even if I had collected 2-3 stars in every painting

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Mar 2, 16 4:51 AM
same problem as pita1234. windows xp

SandyCane
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by SandyCane on Mar 2, 16 5:03 AM
cabanaeast18 wrote:same problem as pita1234. windows xp

Same here, got the missing .dll error message

Win XP

SandyCane
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by SandyCane on Mar 2, 16 5:09 AM
Here is the exact message ( I also deleted the game and downloaded again, same message)

ERROR: Cannot find import .DLL maybe missing, corrupt or wrong version
File "libcurl.dll" Error 127

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 2, 16 5:54 AM
Yep, and me too.

Same message as Sandy Cane.

Oh well, back to some tried and trusted games I've already bought

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 2, 16 6:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting The Hunt for Red Panda to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 2, 16 6:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

For those who are seeing the "Cannot find import" error message, the steps in the help article below may be useful:

Error 126

If the game is not saving, the steps in the following help article may be needed:

Game Not Saving

If the steps above are not working or if a different issue is at hand, we recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 03/02/2016 at 6:15:37 AM PST

[Post New]by lile4ka on Mar 2, 16 6:34 AM
lile4ka wrote:the game doesn't save(((!!!!
you have to start over every time after exiting

and also I couldn't move to the next museum even if I had collected 2-3 stars in every painting

I have windows 8.1 on pc
and of course have all administrative right

I purchased and played over 300 games and have problems 2 or 3 times
this game is raw and very low quality

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Mar 2, 16 6:53 AM
There are not any instructions for how to play; then after getting to the end of the demo and buying it I can not go any further.

SandyCane
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by SandyCane on Mar 2, 16 7:08 AM
The error code is 127, not 126. The help article is for the newest version of direct x, which I have

Q:How do I resolve a 126 error? A:
This error can appear while installing or starting a game that requires the latest version of Microsoft DirectX, which is required to display the game's graphics.
Make sure the game installs its version of DirectX
Some games will prompt you to install a version of DirectX that is included with the game. If you're receving an error 126, please uninstall and reinstall the game, making sure to accept the DirectX installation request that is part of the game's installation process. This may be easy to miss, so please make sure that you carefully review every request that the game prompts during installation.
Even if you are certain you already have the latest version of DirectX, select Yes to download the update that the game requests. You will then be notified if you already have the latest version and the game installation will continue as normal. If you are prompted to restart your computer at the end of the installation, please do so

[Post New]by nanalanab on Mar 2, 16 9:24 AM
Same here, got the missing .dll error message

Win XP

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 2, 16 1:23 PM
This game froze up twice and I had to restart my computer once.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Mar 2, 16 1:46 PM
When I try to open the game, it shuts the game manager and does nothing else at all. No error message, no game, no nothing. And then when I restart the game manager and try to open the game again, it tells me I already have a game running. So I go to task manager and there is NOTHING running but the manager.

Windows 10

[Post New]by JudahGrant on Mar 2, 16 2:21 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else and cannot even start the game. My question is does't Big Fish QA have at least one test system with Windows XP?

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Mar 2, 16 3:01 PM
Also having the issue of the game freezing and have to restart my computer. I am running Windows 10. Need a fix for this !

[Post New]by lemonbalm on Mar 2, 16 3:49 PM
I'm on Windows 7. When I start the game, the screen turns black and tells me it's not the optimal resolution. I need to be at 1600x900, which is what I'm at. It also tells me ANALOGUE. But I'm not sure what that means.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 2, 16 4:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues people have been seeing in the game.

I understand some people are seeing an error message about the .DLL. The following help article has some information that may help when situations like this are occurring:

Error 126

I've also gone ahead and included a help article below that contains steps that can help when a game isn't moving forward or is freezing up. SilverBranch, the steps in this help article can also help when there's a message saying that the game is still running:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

lemonbalm, I'm sorry that you've been getting that message about your screen resolution. Even though your computer is set to the suggested resolution, it may help to try setting it to something different. The following help article has more information regarding the screen resolution in games:

Screen Resolution

lile4ka, I understand that you have administrative rights, but the game is still having trouble. Whenever anyone is seeing a persistent problem like this, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools needed to gather data on and report problems, and are always willing to help.

susieq12, it sounds like you aren't seeing any instructions on how to play. There should be prompts showing up in your game to give information on how to play the game. If you're not seeing those prompts, the steps in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Black Screen help article may be able to assist.

SandyCrane, thank you for letting us know that you have the newest DirectX version. I understand you're seeing the .DLL message occur with an error 127. The Error 126 help article was suggested as the steps it contains are often able to apply to the kind of error code you saw in the game. Since the information in that help article hasn't resolved the issue, I encourage reaching out to our Technical Support Team for further troubleshooting.

(Continued)

Edited on 03/02/2016 at 4:13:05 PM PST

Go to: