Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Hunt for Red Panda here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 2, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/02/2016 at 6:05:13 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Hunt for Red Panda here.

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 2, 16 5:05 AM
Cute name. It was enough to get me to try the game, and I even liked the concept - though I am not a fan of these overly complex paintings. Maybe there is more variety of style later in the game, but I'll never know. The (very) annoying hornet - to be fair, you can opt to simply ignore him - and the unavoidable timer spell "no buy" for me.

If I could have turned off the timer, and maybe had some paintings from later eras, this could have been a game I liked. But try it for yourself, at least it is something different.

ETA: It would also have been nice to be able to turn off the "nudge" feature: as soon as you identify a wrong spot on the canvas, the appropriate tool "bounces" to prompt you to use it. Really, after the tutorial, I think I could have figured this out for myself.

Edited on 03/02/2016 at 5:09:58 AM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Mar 2, 16 5:57 AM

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 9:57:52 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 2, 16 6:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Hunt for Red Panda here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Hunt for Red Panda.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Mar 2, 16 8:02 AM
I agree it would have been nice to turn off the timer and just enjoy restoring the paintings. Also, my arm got worn off from having to go back and forth. It would be better to be able to apply the regent to all the errors and then go back and use the tools multiple times on all the exposed spots. May have bought it except for these problems. Also, it would have been nice to be able to enjoy the restored painting but it cuts off right away.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 2, 16 1:26 PM
I agree. Hate the timer and just want to restore the paintings without scraping or erasing. Also I hate swatting the bug, so I don't do it. The game keeps freezing up as well.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 3, 16 9:57 AM
Hi mtvoyager,

I'm sorry to hear that the game has been freezing up. Our help articles are a great resource when technical issues like this are coming up in games. I suggest the following, which has steps that can frequently help when a game is freezing or playing slowly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this issue is persisting, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help.

I'd also like to ask that we all make sure to keep the Review Guidelines posted here in mind. Specifically:

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

In order to keep this thread easy to use and constructive, please make sure to include enough content when posting reviews here. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

JulietteW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by JulietteW on Mar 6, 16 10:59 AM
I've only been playing for 1/2 hour, but already I'm really liking it! It's fun and silly, but I really like the way it has you look into restoring the art. I don't like the bug swatting, but can ignore that.

I wonder how long this game is, and if there are other games like it? I enjoy playing it, and may end up purchasing.

Go to: