bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 15, 09 1:03 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Comments:
While this technically falls into the “Hidden Object” category, Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets is actually more about finding people and rarely about finding objects. Connecting with people in the know helps Gaby, the main character, write her next hot celebrity blog article by knowing where to be and who to talk to. There are few mini-games sprinkled in and while they cannot be skipped, they are relatively easy. As players progress through the game, there are medals that can be unlocked as well as unlockable backgrounds for Gaby’s blog, which are fun extras to encourage players to complete every scene at an Expert level. At a glance, it is fairly clear that the cute, colorful graphics are aimed towards young girls and the young at heart, though it may not be a title for the very impressionable. This game is clearly intended to be satirical with over-the-top celebrity trends and lifestyles at the **** of the joke, but it can be easy to miss that point at a glance. Many girls in the crowds are scantily clad and cosmetic procedures comes up often, though the girls are so cartoonish it’s hard to take them seriously and Gaby discusses extreme methods of staying young and thin with much disdain. Overall, this is an interesting take on the Hidden Object genre that becomes more challenging over the course of the game, but parents of very young girls will probably want to be wary of some of the content.

Game Modes:
Gotcha has only a story mode.

Depth:
There are five chapters in Gotcha. An experienced Hidden Object gamer might be able to complete it in about four hours.

Similar to:
Players that enjoyed Kellie Stanford: Turn of Fate may also enjoy Gotcha

Difficulty level:
Gotchastarts out easy but gets increasingly difficult as other elements and heavier crowds are introduced. However, since the timer doesn’t affect level completion and hints renew quickly, this game isn’t overly challenging.

Reviewed by E.G.

Edited on 12/15/2009 at 8:23:21 AM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets comments and reviews

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 15, 09 2:33 AM
Well this has brought the child out in me it is for the younger set and is h o with a differance instead of items it is people with a few easy puzzles thrown in, very easy but fun. personally I enjoy it better that a match 3 but not brain storming, very light and easy, Yep I bought it, is long enough to keep going back and finding all the stars that you miss first time out, you can change the blog ect. Very nice easy fun game. well worth the 6.99 One of these games you either love or hate but I am enjoying, not in a hurry to finish, no great secret or story. Just good fun

Cheers
lineck

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 15, 09 2:41 AM
i have played only 10 mins of the trial and i am enjoying it, i will buy this with my credit, which i think is due today, as lineck said...you will love it or hate it..its different and looks good

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Dec 15, 09 3:06 AM
Completed chapter one of 5 in 47 minutes ==> nearly 4 hours of play for me.
Graphics ok, hand drawn cartoon imagery, bright and colorful. H O find by clue, image, and silhouette so far. Not difficult but I was using the occasional hint.
Looks to have good re-playability, as many more figures in the screen than we are asked to find.
Story is simple and cutesy.
Integrated puzzles are quite easy, at least in chapter 1.
Music is appropriate, and not irritating.

I rate it 5 of 10; Not at all bad, but not for me.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Dec 15, 09 3:09 AM
I did a beta test on this game and thought it was rather easy...but fun. There are many extra things to find in each scean....5 stars, Gabby and Eric. I had never played a game like this before...kinda reminds me of an i-spy game. As for who it would appeal too, I think people really need to try the demo and see if it is for them or not.

Edited on 12/15/2009 at 11:26:48 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 15, 09 3:41 AM
ok....played chapter 1 in 45mins, but i did not read the story, still enjoying it very much, i am glad that there is replay value, thats a big for me, i will see if my game credit is there yet.... .

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 15, 09 3:44 AM
Haven't played it yet, but reading some of the walkthrough, this game reminds me of that Where's Waldo game lol.

Sassy

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Dec 15, 09 4:03 AM
Great new twist on HOG. Enjoyed the game til I got to the exercise cards and was unable to click on them to rearrange them. Any suggestions? Is there anyone else out there who is having the same issue and if so, is there a fix to take care of this?

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Dec 15, 09 4:05 AM
i like this **** game it is so diffrent to your normal **** games and it fun to play for a change the mini puzzels good to i will buy this just for the fun and it being diffrent and not to brain teasing lo i give this 15 and 15 well done you always give us something diffrent besstan

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 15, 09 4:37 AM
tubergal wrote:Great new twist on HOG. Enjoyed the game til I got to the exercise cards and was unable to click on them to rearrange them. Any suggestions? Is there anyone else out there who is having the same issue and if so, is there a fix to take care of this?

I did not have a problem I just kept tried each one until it cleared hope that helps

lineck

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 15, 09 5:14 AM
i agree a enjoyable distraction from life.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 15, 09 5:39 AM
A little too cutesy for me. But as other's mentioned, a good, relaxed distraction game I guess.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Dec 15, 09 5:52 AM
i just finish chapter 1 and i like it. i love guess who minigames and the cake one. i think i 'll buy it when it'll be a daily deal. Nice easy game with cute graphic.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 15, 09 6:05 AM
I have played this game for 30 minutes and then deleted it. Its funny and interesting, but nothing for me. I won`t buy it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 15, 09 7:13 AM
I think it is great when something different is tried in the "hidden object" genre.

The game is bright, colourful and cartoony- like all PF games and I am finding it simple but fun.

I guess there are no celebrities other than Flo in Diner Town

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 15, 09 8:51 AM
bella81762 wrote:i agree a enjoyable distraction from life.
Yes ,been feeling a little under the weather & this was a nice distraction got my mind off of it for a nice enjoyable hr.....even though I have credit .I'm not sure I will use it on this one though ..I don't like being this desperate ..its really affecting my mood !!!! ..Its been since the 1st DG since I've bought a game !!!! & even though I have a credit I want to use it wisely .so I'll have to think about this for a while !!!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Dec 15, 09 10:06 AM
tubergal wrote:Great new twist on HOG. Enjoyed the game til I got to the exercise cards and was unable to click on them to rearrange them. Any suggestions? Is there anyone else out there who is having the same issue and if so, is there a fix to take care of this?

DITTO!

I am having a problem with the Cards that you have to line up. A BOAT< ANCHOR> ETC.... The HINT moves one then it goes bk and WILL NOT MOVE ?

I LOVED the game until I got to this part of the Puzzle. I WISH I could GO ON!
I LIKE the difference of NOT being the USUAL HOG.

HOPE that i can find out how to go on>>>>>>

Penny

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on Dec 15, 09 10:51 AM
Very different & lots of fun. It's a buy for me.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 15, 09 12:02 PM
Yeah! Something different in a HOG.

"Me Likes:" -- First, the different format of the game. There are 5 chapters with 7-9 post/scenes for each chapter. The difference is that you have to find people vs. objects. Then, they mix it up with you having to find people based upon what they're wearing, for example, "find a women with a pink T-shirt." This is really a good challenge. This game also offers additional finds in each scene -- find 5-stars in all scenes in one chapter, etc. There are mini-games too, which are not difficult, but fun to do. I believe this game has replay value because the objects change when you play under a different name. I only completed Chapter 1 and some of 2 during the demo. So, this game might have 3-5 hours of play time, depending upon the player. There is no timer, so you can play at ease -- sort of --LOL. You are challenged to beat the "expert time."

"Me No Sure About" -- The scoring system is not clear. No matter how fast I play, it seems like my score goes down vs. up. Music I could do without, and I did. This game offers you the option to turn it off on the option screen.

"Me Bottomline"
-- I agree with all other reviews, this is a pleasant change on HOGs. It's almost an "I Spy" for seasoned "I Spy" players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its an I Spy Game -- , just that it reminds me of them.

This get my approval and my purchase.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 15, 09 12:35 PM
I -Spy was a no -buy for me , I am considering getting this one , just can't make up my mind ... : : Whats a girl to do ? If I buy it & then tomorrow something better comes out I'll me really Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow & if nothing else is out then ..i guess i'll use my credit.....ps..this came out on PF to...

Go to: