Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 3, 16 12:50 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 5:37:01 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 3, 16 5:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 3, 16 7:54 AM
Thought I'd wait to see if anyone else would be the first to review this game. Nobody did so...

After spending DAYS playing a brain-bending puzzle game, I found this one to be a nice change of pace. I had a replacement game coupon code for a game that I got on a very good sale, so I used it here.

Collectibles are 25 roses (pretty easy to see), and 25 morphing objects in the regular scenes...not too hard to find, even without the "helping hand".

We can replay 20 mini-games and 14 HOPs. There are 21 achievements...9 with multiple levels. NO alternate game. Reset on puzzles, strategy guide, and the usual CE stuff.

I liked the HOPs. Generally, I think this Dev does them well. Mini-games weren't overly difficult, and some have multiple levels.

If I had not had the coupon, that gave me this game at the SE price, I probably would have waited for the SE to purchase.

Beautiful graphics, and my "thing" for squirrels had something to do with the purchase, too.

Hope YOU find some fun today. Happy gaming!

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 3, 16 8:36 AM

I played another game in this series which I liked, but found this one to be lacking. I'm really tired of games that make you personally sign contracts with the devil (or close facsimile) in order to continue playing. The graphics were good, but the puzzles were all boring, and trite. The tired story has been done many times before. The music is old and reused from previous games in the series.
There's nothing new or original here. It's Cookie-Cutter at best. Guess this developer has joined the ranks of Eipix and ERS in cloning banality.

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 9:34:46 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 3, 16 8:43 AM
Beautiful graphics, even the ghosts are benevolent entities. The Mayor will be dealt with eventually. This is my kind of game and am very happy with my purchase that used up my 2 credits but, that's OK since I like the game. Now back to the game. I thought it was good work Developer so thank you for the entertainment.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Mar 3, 16 10:12 AM
I played the complete demo. Loved the game. Great graphics and entertaining story line. I own all the other games in this series and they are just as interesting to play.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 3, 16 10:38 AM
Nice and worthy 4th living legend! Played the beta and was looking forward to it. The squirrel is not my favorite but why not, with other devs I "live" with imps, little dogs etc.
In a way we have some briar rose interpretation here. In any case a fairytale story with good HOs and not too many puzzles, at least in the demo.
9otters gave a very good review (and I know, which puzzle game it was, which made hungry for a change!), so I have nothing to add.
Will add this wonderful game to my collection.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 3, 16 10:41 AM
WoW - I was really surprised to see that one negative review. Based on the demo, I found this beautifully crafted and imaginative game to be a real winner. Graphics are stunning and the storyline pulled me in from the beginning. It is not overly complicated or overwhelming - a nice change of pace from those other more complex games that I find myself getting bored with and losing patience and concentration.

That being said, I did not feel that the Collection Edition offered enough for me to pay extra for it (as much as I want to continue playing it). I will just have to wait for the Standard edition to be released. I have enough games in my collection to keep busy until then.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 3, 16 1:06 PM
I liked it, the extras were not spectacular and the gameplay rather easy so no need for a strategy guide, so I will wait for the SE, no need for the CE. But it is a nice looking game

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 3, 16 1:26 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series. I only have the first two, didn't care for the last one. As always, I review on the game play and not the story, even though I do comment on it. Others do a far better job on the story than I. This game has exceptional graphics, very clear, bright, but not over-powering colors. The animation is very well done, with facial and body movements. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen very well. Voice overs are nice and are age and character appropriate, with some emotion, fear, urgency and not just someone reading a script. Could have used a little more in the sound FX department, almost too quiet. Music was soothing and was nice for the background sounds, since the sound FX mostly only show up when something is about to happen. I did not care for the ghostly cloudy, smoky whisp that ran across the screen now and then, especially since there wasn't a ghost in it. That said, there are ghosts, but nothing scary and nothing that jumped out at me during the demo.

HOPs are nothing new and I didn't see that you could switch to something else if you get bored with them. We have interactive HOPs, as usual, some lists and a few riddles here and there. Scenes are not junkpiles and items are easy to spot. Puzzles were not difficult at all. I didn't find the need to skip any and only one took me a bit of time to complete, but it was still simple. SG is the standard format. The hint system is very helpful, but it does not transport you to longer locations. Fortunately the map does jump and areas are clearly identified by name and picture and areas of interest are marked. You don't do a lot of long distance backtracking in this game, you can wear slippers for this game.

Collectibles are not many, e.g. 25 roses of various colors, which are plenty large enough to see easily. They can be anywhere. You also collect 25 morphing objects. These object morph fairly slowly, which makes it a little harder to spot them. I sort of timed them and when they morph in, you are there for about 20 seconds...morph out for about 10 seconds, or maybe I have it backwards. That's quite a while to stare at a screen, so pay attention. You also collect "blood drops" of characters in the game. You feed these to a rose covered box to gain more information about the people and the story. This was a bit weird to me, but okay.

I beta tested this game in January and I liked it far better than the last one. Everything about it was up to par with the first two, which were quite nice. This game is not all that challenging, but I liked the story so far, even though I am just a little bit confused at this point. It's a little like starting in the middle and working backwards. That being said, I think this will appeal to all levels of players. I am interested enough to want to find out what this story is all about. Yes, I will add this one to my collection, but I think I will wait for a really good sale.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Mar 3, 16 2:42 PM

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 4:08:02 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 3, 16 4:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everybody who's been posting their reviews and feedback for this game. I wanted to stop in to ask that people please keep the Review Guidelines in mind in this thread. According to the initial post by bfgWaimea:

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Additionally, please make sure to remember the Forum Rules when posting. Specifically:

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

By making sure to only post reviews in this thread, we can keep it helpful and easy to navigate for everyone. Additionally, we request that posts and threads stay related to that forum's game. If anyone has a question or comment that isn't game specific, please feel free to PM a Moderator.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Mar 3, 16 4:48 PM
GREETINGS FISHIE FRIENDS

Do Roses Without Thorns Smell As Sweet?

This game really got me. I liked and followed the story line, which for me is saying something, because I usually skip them. But in this game I really liked the voice over acting and character interactions.

So, this leads us to our next question, would you want your dreams to come true if it meant you had to be eaten by roses? Well, our hero does, so off we go to save him, amid clever and entertaining puzzles, intriguing mini games, and entertaining hidden object scenes.

The graphics lit up my eyes. The colors were lovely and bright, really good quality, fine detail in the drawings. Scene scrolling was seamless, hidden object scenes well drawn and actually entertaining to solve.

The overall gameplay, inventory access and implementation, and task indicating map all functioned perfectly.

This game was interesting, somewhat touching, and a delight to play.

HAPPY GAMING
~B

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 12:49:36 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Mar 5, 16 11:39 AM
Happy to buy and play for a relaxing weekend game. Colours nice and characters well drawn and good voiceovers
I don't think I was too keen on no 3 either, can't remember why, but don't have it in my purchase history
9otters, you are so good with your reviews we all await the first words from the otters of 9 (even when we don't always buy the game, you always get the basics in very well )

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 11:39:57 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Mar 5, 16 11:41 AM
PS. Happy Mothers Day to all mums and moms out there
Happy gaming all

[Post New]by John195 on Mar 9, 16 7:36 AM
One buy for me!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Mar 10, 16 4:22 PM
If your computer has upgraded its graphics you know this feature gets very important like never before. I demoed this and was put off initially by the blurred jarring images in the introduction but voila, once the story got started, the graphics were utterly lovely and compelling.

I'm kind of a spendthrift so I'll have to wait until a sale is on, but this is definitely on my buy list. Very, very pleasant, story line is decent, mini games not too hard so you don't get discouraged and of course, the artwork is wonderful.

uglyteacup
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by uglyteacup on Mar 20, 16 12:08 PM
I just opened the bonus game and look forward to seeing the artwork in those scenes too because the main game was so painstakingly beautifully done up. Even the selections of music was tolerable.

As for the story-line, what does it matter? How creative can a story-line be when there are just seven fiction stories known to man to spin a tale around. So I don't get even remotely involved with that end of the game-play. The puzzles and HO scenes as well as the mechanics of the game are what make one game more enjoyable to play than another.

Script writers of games know how limited they are when confined to fiction. And it is a pervasive gripe running through comments gamers have with storylines: they are boring instead of entertaining.

It is a wonder why no one has thought to develop games that are instructive as well as knowledgeable; a teachable moment so the gamer actually is rewarded in the end of play by learning or discovering something new about themselves or the world around them including our galaxy and the great beyond without the game being overtly educational. Wouldn't it be grand if every now and then the game player would say in amazement "I never knew that!"

Keeping it fun and lively would be the ultimate achievement for developers to know their game-players come away with the distinct feeling their game addiction isn't all frivolous and their money was well spent. In fact the buyers of those products would look in great anticipation for the next game from that developer.

Go to: