Athens - Level Help

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Athens - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 3, 16 1:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Athens. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Athens posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/02/2016 at 3:03:10 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Athens - Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 3, 16 1:09 PM
Existing Athens threads:

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 1, 16 1:09 PM
Level 27 - timed 40 seconds REALLY....? Hardly any time bonus gummies - this is a VERY NASTY intern level and I refuse to buy extra time. Why make the intern level soooo difficult when you only get 10 coins and it doesn't even give you a reward for being part of the 10 level mission.

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Nov 9, 16 4:54 PM
I'm finding the same time problem with level 53 - 45 seconds, chained gummies and only very occasional extra time chances in the maaaany times I've tried!

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 10, 16 2:01 PM
Trav3lbird, so are so right! I think Athens 27 is much too fast, only received one extra time gummy in that short time frame. Horrible level. May not advance much from here! Anyone get thru this without buying time? Pavanne, what was the secret? I also notice that there are zero Athens levels listed in the "best levels to play for resources" listing..downright sad!

Pavanne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Pavanne on Nov 10, 16 3:24 PM
I'm afraid I gave in and spent 140 coins on extra time, finally did the same for level 53 - after endless attempts I ran out of patience. I haven't spent any real cash on the game which is probably why I've only got to Athens after 18 months or more. I have found, as mentioned in several threads in the past for various levels in several cities, it appears that you do eventually get a board that 'allows' you to complete the level. Sometimes, after you've had a break from the game, the first board you play is one that works. I go through phases of deciding I'm not going to play anymore but there's no getting away from the fact that it's an addiction!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 16 3:57 PM
Howdy Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post here about the city of Athens in Gummy Drop!. I can see there is a concern that Athens 27 and 53 might be asking for too much in too little time. I totally can understand as these timed levels are challenging players to accomplish many tasks in the level rapidly. It took me quite a few tries to complete both of these levels without boosts, and I am going to go ahead and pass along my experience along with the experiences provided here to the right teams so that they know the relative difficulty of these levels. In the meantime, I want to share what worked for me in these two levels.

For Athens level 27, I worked towards clearing stickers and chains as quickly as possible. To do this, I made line boosts (and lightning boosts when I could) and started clearing gummies near the bottom of the screen, with a preference towards matches that would clear stickers, chains, or tiles. This encouraged gummies to cascade into more matches and provided additional time, line crushes, and progress towards level objectives.

If you are able to get a line crush to line up vertically under the souvenir, clearing that line crush will enable you to grab the souvenir very easily and clears some stickers for you and makes it easier to clear around it. I also tried my best to swap multiple line crushes to clear many gummies at a time. Make note of whether you have the opportunity to create two close to one another (especially lightning boosts) so you can swap them together and clear larger parts of the board. When faced with a scenario where there isn't an obvious match, clear the match that will move or remove the most gummies. This will help create the cascades I mentioned above.

Some additional tips I found while playing these levels, if you create a bomb boost instead of a line boost while playing, try to use it to clear stickers, chains, or tiles. If possible, swap it with another boost type to magnify its effects and hopefully clear more of the board. The best strategy in my opinion is to make as many matches and clear as many gummies as possible with each move made. As time is limited, this helped me gain advantage in the level by clearing multiple objectives at once while increasing my score dramatically too.

Message continues...

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 3:58:09 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 10, 16 3:57 PM
...message continued.

As for Athens 53, a similar strategy can be employed with the intention being to try to clear the ice and tiles as quickly as possible. A great way to start is to try to create line crushes above the stickers, tiles, and ice in an attempt to have them quickly clear one of the vertical columns in the center.

By using line crushes in this way, I was able to save a lot of time in building towards score and cleared multiple tiles quickly. This allowed me to use remaining time to achieve the score requirement. Definitely try to get the center column cleared as quickly as possible, which can open up the opportunity to create even more matches that will clear stickers, ice, or tiles that were left after clearing that column.

It's, in my opinion, more important for both of these time levels to not focus on gathering more time, but to try to get the game to clear objectives for you by producing the most opportunity for matches to cascade and continue. Also, this strategy doesn't guarantee a win for these levels as I had to retry quite a few times before I was able to clear the levels myself. However, these strategies were instrumental in letting me succeed, so I hope they are able to help out.

Just to reiterate, I am going to make sure I report the relative difficulty of achieving all these objectives within the given time frame to the appropriate teams for their follow up, and I want to thank you all for taking the time to talk about these levels here. If there are any questions about the forums or in general, please feel free to contact any of our active Moderators. we are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 11/10/2016 at 4:47:34 PM PST

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 10, 16 5:33 PM
Thanks for your replies and suggestions! I will try these tips and not give up! I agree Pavanne, totally addicted...

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 16, 16 7:46 PM
Anyone have any hints for Athens 86? Yet another 30 second timed level for intern. Can hardly even get a look at the board before time is up, frustrated again...

Sigh, whining seems to work? the very next board let me through!!! Created a lightning bolt which nearly cleared the entire board. Patience, patience....

Edited on 11/16/2016 at 7:53:36 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 22, 16 11:09 AM
Hi Gummynut,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting through Athens, Level 86. This is indeed a tricky level that took me quite a few tries to get through. What I found helped get through this level was to indeed work fast. Creating boosts such as line crushes and Lighting Bolt Boosts helps. These can be made with matches of 4 or 5 gummies. If you are able to swap them with one another this will make the same colored gummy that particular boost. What also helped was to continue to add time on the board with any gummies that had this option.

If you continue to experience issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the appropriate teams to help fine tune them. Since this level was challenging, I'm going to go ahead and pass this information along to the teams for review.

Good luck! Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Athens - Level 9

[Post New]by cind310 on Apr 18, 17 8:57 AM
I read the comments about time issues but haven't had to deal with those yet. (Hope they have new fixed) because I am having trouble with level 9. I have dropped all but one souvenir but one always get stuck... can't move it over so it can drop. Any suggestions?

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Athens - Level 9

[Post New]by cind310 on Apr 18, 17 9:11 AM
Funny thing, after writing this, I completed it on my second try. I guess I should write every time I nor a problem because this is not the first time something like that happened.

cind310
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Athens - 106

[Post New]by cind310 on Apr 27, 17 2:48 PM
I am having trouble dropping the two side souvenirs. Using lightening bolts to clear the columns doesn't help. And I can't figure out how to fill them and luncheon them. I see this level listed as a good source of resources so I know I am missing aomething.

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Apr 28, 17 9:44 AM
Anyone know why starting in Athens the timed levels no longer have enough time to complete the intern level? 27 now 53? I hate timed levels but in other cities at least the intern level seemed fair.

Edited on 04/28/2017 at 9:44:57 AM PST

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on May 1, 17 8:08 AM
Knismesis wrote:Anyone know why starting in Athens the timed levels no longer have enough time to complete the intern level? 27 now 53? I hate timed levels but in other cities at least the intern level seemed fair.

Just got to 86! Sand, chains, stickers and regenerating smileys with ONLY 30 SECONDS? Why is this city not allowing enough time for the intern level?

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 8:09:11 AM PST

Re:Athens - Level Help 53

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Jun 30, 17 6:47 PM
This level is indeed a mess - just tried 3x and got no where close.

What is with the timed levels with less than 60 seconds?

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Jul 2, 17 3:55 PM
Yes, the short timed levels are terrible!

I am having an issue getting through Level 73 - am I missing something?

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jul 3, 17 7:18 AM
Jakey, 73 is a matter if letting as much as possible explode to clear the stickies and explode the bombs on the side. I used a combo boost and was lucky enough to get a thunderbolt next to a linebreaker.

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Jul 5, 17 3:52 PM
Thanks, got it right after posting!

Go to: