awful tournament results

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

awful tournament results

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 3, 16 2:15 PM
I had to quit playing the tournament!

I got 12 tournament chips and got 4 spins. They were 10%, 10%, 10% then 20%. But it just gets better. I got 11 chips and the spin gave me 10%, 10% and THEN 0.

I don't think I should be wasting my time playing the tournaments. Without getting decent spins you just can't get anywhere.

Good luck to all. It has to be better than mine anyway.

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:awful tournament results

[Post New]by Silverjen on Mar 3, 16 2:32 PM
Don't be discouraged by bad tournament results. I get them all the time, but I also get good scores on occasion. The secret is you have to play a lot and now that the tournaments are back, we can do that.

You would be surprised at how many diamonds you can amass in one week, even though in a day's tournaments you might get none. I kept a record once of my winnings and I averaged about 20-30 diamonds a week. That included days when I got nothing, and days when I would get 10 or 12.

Just keep playing...and playing...and playing. Just like doing the HOS rounds for coins.

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 3, 16 2:38 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Silverjen.

I will go back and try again but I don't see me getting any avatars for achievements in this category.

Good luck to all.

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 2:38:25 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 3, 16 3:03 PM
With the tournaments running for 2 hours, you can play several times for free to see if you can get good scores....generally, the first time out is an omen....if you get a 30%, 40% or 50% on one of the spins, then second play will most likely give you a higher spin.....

If you get 12 chips....then 10, 10, 10, 10......then throwing diamonds at it will not necessarily give you better spins.

When the tournaments were for 1 hour....I would play the free time.....then immediately pay 5 diamonds to play again to see if I did better.....then I would go a 3rd time (pay another 5 diamonds)......If none of those spins were above 20%, I walked away from the "pay" rounds and just played for free when I could.

Otherwise, you can spend a bunch of diamonds and get nothing in return....

(But, this is just what worked for me.....everyone's game is different)

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 3, 16 3:16 PM
Played 5 rounds, got enough chips in each for 3 spins. Out of 15 spins, got one 30%, two 20%, & 12 (twelve!) 10%, & of course, the 1st, most critical, spin was always 10%. And sadly, that's completely typical of my results in the tournament. Finished 923 out of 4845. And I thought I did pretty well this time.
I'll NEVER get this achievement!

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 3, 16 3:22 PM
Hang in there Magz13 and Desertdruid! I have horrible luck as well but did manage to get in the top 100 yesterday - just try and get as many of those chips as you can and then hope for good spins. Mostly I wind up somewhere in the middle of the pack with nothing...after spinning a lot 10% - but thankfully it only takes 3 wins to get the avatar. Not sure what comes after that or what you need...it's on this forum somewhere...

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 3:23:42 PM PST

Imamama
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Imamama on Mar 3, 16 3:25 PM
Don't be discouraged magz13! In the past few tournaments I played I was in the top 100 3 times!
But in this last tournament I think I ended up in the 800's and the one previous I ended in the 500's. In my feeder game I was over 1000!
I do follow Annelliegrams advice from above and pay to play a second round right away. It does help me find items quicker the second time through. If I happen to be getting good spins on the wheel I may even pay another time during the tournament.
The wheel is a game of chance and luck. Some days we have it and some days we don't. I am sure your day will come soon! Hang in there!
L.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 3, 16 3:38 PM
Like you, magz13, I get more 10%s than anything else. I love to try and compete, so if I do get a higher percentage I'll try again, but I usually just waste my diamonds. I did get 1 diamond once.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 3, 16 3:47 PM
Linalie wrote:Hang in there Magz13 and Desertdruid! I have horrible luck as well but did manage to get in the top 100 yesterday - just try and get as many of those chips as you can and then hope for good spins. Mostly I wind up somewhere in the middle of the pack with nothing...after spinning a lot 10% - but thankfully it only takes 3 wins to get the avatar. Not sure what comes after that or what you need...it's on this forum somewhere...

All of the achievements are listed here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/611029.page

You get one avatar after you place 1 time
You get the second avatar after you place the 2nd time

Tournament Topper
1. Be in top 100 of tournament 1 time – Hero (avatar)
2. Be in top 100 of tournament 2 times – Heroine (avatar)
3. Be in top 100 of tournament 10 times – Champion (pet)

Edited on 03/03/2016 at 3:48:00 PM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 3, 16 3:55 PM
Annelliegram wrote:

It takes 3 times to get the Heroine avatar.

KrisMom
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KrisMom on Mar 3, 16 4:40 PM
I just don't bother.

I got 1 diamond, once.

Evidently, my game and skill level doesn't work.

Maybe some day, when a lot of people drop out

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Mar 3, 16 5:10 PM
I had a base score of over 90,000 and 13 chips during last night's tournament.

My spins were +10, +10, +10 and 0. I didn't even crack 160,000.

The Midnight Castle tournaments, ladies and gentlemen.

Astra

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 3, 16 5:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Linalie, & I will keep trying. I like to challenge myself to do better. But I am just being realistic - there are certain things I will never get to do in my life. I will never get to race the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo, much less win it; I will never get to walk on Mars. And I will never get this achievement.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Mar 3, 16 5:22 PM
Do the chips roll over from one game to the next? I wondered, as I kept getting the same score for each HOS, if I just saved up the chips and played them all at once if I would fare better? Or do they zero out after each game?

I managed to get to 154,000 on the one today. Yesterday I was up to 214,000 as I actually got a 50% for the very first time....then a 30% and I forget what came next. Today's was 10%, and 20%.

Another thing I wondered, which I am certain is incorrect. On 3-4 occasions it *seems* as if a chip is there for me when I didn't see it earlier! They don't multiply do they? I'm delusional most likely <g>.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 3, 16 5:35 PM
Then chips zero out after each tournament. I think the chips appear as the scene goes on, but it's probably just my eyesight. They do hide under the items and you can only see them after you click on that item.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Mar 3, 16 7:20 PM
The chips are really good hiders sometimes. They hide under items you have to find, the timer, near the multiplier and near the hint button. I've hit the hint several times because of one nasty little chip. They also vary in size. The come in tiny, medium and large. I think this has to do with how the scene is laid out. I have entered a room and saw zero chips, only to finish and find two. If you are fast you can get them before the room clears. Just be mindful of the clicks. I've also missed several because if I don't see them at the start I just start collecting the items and forget about them.

I have found that if I didn't get many chips on the previous try, if I pay in a few seconds after there are usually more. However, this isn't always the case. I can't really complain though. I finally finished that achievement on my main and I can't say I'm impressed. That cute little orange kitty. tiger hybrid eats far too much. He can sit and look cute until the cows come home. He will, unfortunately starve until then.

Ah, I also do what Annelliegram does but I never go over a set amount of diamonds. Usually 15 is my limit but sometimes I get itchy and my hand slips. This is only when I'm having a good day. If I see that 10% on my first spin, I just play the free tries. Good luck and may the 50% be in your favor the next time round.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 3, 16 8:00 PM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of...I had forgotten about the Hero being one...guess I was too excited that I actually placed to notice it, but now I am looking at the Heroine avatar for 3 wins.

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 3, 16 8:34 PM
Desertdruid, I love your sense of humor. Let's keep trying and maybe someday, when everybody has their achievements and it is only us, maybe we can achieve this .

Good luck to all,

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Mar 3, 16 9:27 PM
I just got two diamonds!!!! It is the first time I placed. I ended up in 109th.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 3, 16 10:07 PM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:

You are soooooooo correct....my notes and my Achievements thread bear the incorrect number....that will soon be changed to the correct number!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Go to: