Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Unable to Connect to Server

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Mar 4, 16 6:51 AM
Since yesterday evening's (EST) tournament, I have been getting this message repeatedly. Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, when the message pops up, it kicks me out of the game and I lose any progress I've made. The last time I logged on, it let me in for about 5 minutes and I noticed my entire friends list has disappeared! Moderators: HELP!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Unable to Connect to Server

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 4, 16 7:03 AM
This happens to me fairly often, especially around midnight GMT & during tournaments. Probably because everybody around the world is trying to be online at the same time & overloading the server. When your friends all disappear, close out the game & log in again & they should be back.
It's also a good idea to close the game after you've collected your gifts in case it crashes again. That way at least your gifts will make it into your inventory.
I also highly recommend making a list of your friends' names & code #s, just in case they don't come back!

robyn456
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by robyn456 on Mar 4, 16 7:23 AM
yes the same thing happening to me as well very frustrating

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Mar 4, 16 7:40 AM
Same thing happened to me 2 nights ago during the tournament and it was also at midnight. I lost about an hour or so of progress.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Mar 4, 16 10:21 AM
Same same here

Especially when going to the Rooms to click on the Mystery Chests

I check my router and it's fine.

Plus there are alotta jerky mouse movements, as if momentarily losing contact with server?

datsalotta unable to connects.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 4, 16 1:38 PM
Ditto about the friends' rooms - "Please wait" for 3-4 minutes, then "Your friend doesn't have a private room yet" even though I've already been in it dozens of times, lol! At that point, I just go to John's room & collect butterflies. His room is always open.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 4, 16 4:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post here. We've passed this issue along to the appropriate teams. In the meantime, Desertdruid has shared some great advice.

If anyone notices missing items that do not come back, definitely contact our Technical Support Team HERE with you Midnight Castle ID. Just in case, I've included the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it's regarding a tech issue. In the future, we definitely welcome you to post in our designated tech threads:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: