SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

General tips for playing (possible spoilers)

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 8:02 AM
-Try to think one move ahead as often as you can by trying to place the scales so that there are pairs of the same color or two scales of the same color with a spot in between, not just trying to get a M3 with the current scale set.

-The board goal(s) are at the bottom. Make a note of them so you don't spend too much time clearing scales you might not have to.

-Since all the scale sets have only one scale per color, it's really important to figure out how to clear out scales blocking off a spot you really need (I call this "build in, clear out"). Basically, if space #1 is where you really want to go but spaces #2 and #3 are occupied with other color scales you have to first work on clearing out the color in #3 first and then #2 with other scale sets, then wait until you get a scale set that has the color matching space #1 to put into space #2, then clear out space #3 again until you get another scale set that matches the color in spaces #1 and #2. The real secret to mastering the game is to regularly use the first tip of thinking a move ahead and not accidentally fencing yourself in on the tight spots of the board.

Edited on 03/04/2016 at 9:25:28 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:General tips for playing (possible spoilers)

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 8:13 AM
Boss battles:

-If the boss removes or adds scales, this can actually be helpful. Late in the game, a remove scale attack is pretty much a free lightning or berserk powerup for you!

-Try to set up scales so you can get at least one match in a move. If you can't get a match, at least try to place scales so there is at least one pair of the same color for a match on the next move.

-Double matching is super useful because even a pair of simultaneous M3s takes off triple the energy points from the boss as compared to a single M3.

-The most challenging boss attack is the green bottles on the board which you need to work around as much as you can. Sometimes you can't help but make a match over a bottle, but if you do, try to limit it to a single M3 because a simple match over a bottle gives back 60 energy points to the boss. Bigger matches give the boss back even more.

-Coliseum mode is nothing but the boss battles. They have about 30% more energy points than in the adventure mode, and the board you play on is smaller. I didn't find it all that much harder though as long as I focused on playing a move ahead and trying to get multiple matches simultaneously. A couple of the bosses threw a lot of bottles on the board which was annoying as it made the level take a lot longer, but as long as you keep on matching elsewhere (and use the lightning powerup if the board gets too full) they're doable.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 8:18 AM
Minigames:

-Slot machine is pure luck as far as I can tell! I never got more than 40 coins because I couldn't watch the tiles moving that fast, so I just randomly clicked on the spinning icons to get out of the minigame as fast as I could and get at least 10 coins.

-In the catch the coins game, you only need to hover the cursor over the coins to catch them (although I often found myself clicking upon them anyway LOL). Try to catch the joker because he'll give you extra coins. If you get a good rhythm going with catching several coins in a row you'll get a bonus of extra coins.

-The match the cards game is a piece of cake so you may as well click around to get the 56 or so coins.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 8:23 AM
-The most useful powerup is the lightning. Levels 6 and 8 were the hardest for me to play so try to save your coins for these two sections. I didn't ever have to use the anti-boss powerups (chain, auto-attack on boss).

-If you reset the board you get your coins back if you had to spend some on a powerup, so if you appear to be in a battle of attrition it's probably better to restart the board instead of blowing a ton of coins trying to finish.

-The bosses talk a fair bit of smack to you during the boss battles but don't take it personally. I actually found them funny after a few battles.

-Coins you've earned are cumulative throughout the adventure and coliseum modes on your player profile.

Edited on 03/04/2016 at 8:28:45 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 16 8:37 AM
Bombs and arrows:

-If there are only bombs in the board, you can blow them up whenever.

-If there are both bombs and arrows, the bombs will clear out the row they are aligned with. In most cases, you want to clear all the arrows before exploding any bombs since the arrows will move the bombs up or down the rows you need to reach the bricks.

[Post New]by Dayanablack on Mar 6, 16 3:17 PM
I finished the game...... thank you... final boss seemed impossible to beat..... but now i feel like I'm a genius.....

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 6, 16 8:26 PM
Forgot this tip earlier: You can cancel scale placement by clicking on the scale again. But this only works as long as you have at least one more scale left to put onto the board. Once you have put down all the scales in a set, it can't be undone. (Sometimes I miss the hammer powerup from the first game since I space out every so often and mix up a scale placement LOL!)

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 7, 16 3:27 PM
Replay tidbits:

-Most of the storyline disappears if you replay the game on the same player profile. I also only got to fight Lilith Darksage once in the adventure mode on my first profile. During an adventure mode replay the game skipped over to the very last boss Derek at the end of level 10.

-Hard mode! On your very first player profile, the "best time" for each level is a very generous number which isn't that tough to beat for extra coins. However, once you get your own "best times" for the boards, this time is saved for all replays and all new player profiles created. So if you want an extra challenge, create a new player after finishing the game and start over with that one. It will be a lot harder to earn coins so you won't be able to use powerups very often at all.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 9, 16 11:06 AM
If the board is locked (no more moves left) but you have enough coins for powerups, the lightning or berserk can still be used instead of restarting the board. Useful if you only had a little bit left to go!

Go to: