Sahmhappy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

2.1 Developer's Record

[Post New]by Sahmhappy on Mar 4, 16 7:15 PM
Hi, I was able to beat the Developer's Record (11820 to 10875 Yay!) with the following strategy:

No upgrades, do not build the workshop or the obelisk, build only the goldmine.

Collect supplies, rescue Hercules, have Hercules remove rock.
Have one worker working to get to the prisoner and one worker collecting food and moving towards the bush (fit in building the Goldmine).

When bonus bar is ready have the Lion eat the steak (making sure you have low levels of food-waste not, want not), you should be ready to build the MIDDLE (I had bottom bridge here earlier, my bad) bridge at this point. Build it and use your wood supplies to rescue Hella and take care of the berry bush.

You can clear the area to the bottom kid and get enough wood to build Medusa's Lair somewhere around this point.

During all of this you should have someone working toward the arrow; food and gold, food and gold. And use the bonus bar for steak eating. Don't forget the middle kid.

Clear the stakes and gold from in front of the obelisk and build the top bridge, send Medusa to clear away the Minotaur and rescue the last kid.

Really the key seems to be having the Lion eating the steak on the first bonus bar and not building the workshop (everything else should fall into place, at some point). Someone else in the forum mentioned the Lion and I am very grateful for the help. Kudos to whomever that was!

Let me know if anything needs clarifying; I'm a little tired. Good luck.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 8:58:16 AM PST

erin74
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:2.1 Developer's Record

[Post New]by erin74 on Mar 4, 16 11:09 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I wasn't sure if by bottom bridge you meant the one below the stone bridge or the one down near the camp. I went with the one below the stone bridge.

I found by building the stone bridge first and collecting the meat there I had enough food to work faster through the other stage.

I also took everything right up to the obelisk without actually building it - that meant I didn't need to touch the trees which gave me more wood without depleting my food or gold (due to the gold right before the obelisk).

louinator
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by louinator on Mar 5, 16 7:34 AM
Thank you! I did it in 2 tries

Sahmhappy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Sahmhappy on Mar 5, 16 8:56 AM
Awesome. Yes, I did mean the one below the stone bridge (the middle bridge, I guess). I totally had wiped that other/bottom bridge from existence in my mind, lol.

ugamaggie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ugamaggie on Mar 7, 16 8:30 AM
Ok, it took me a couple of times but this DID work! Thank you!

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on Mar 10, 16 12:13 PM
Thank you Sahmhappy. I never thought about NOT building the workshop.

[Post New]by musicmcb on Jun 12, 16 7:31 AM
OMG!!! Thank you so much for this. I think I have played this level 100 times and it NEVER would have occurred to me not to building the workshop or to not build the bottom bridge to try to get more food. Got it on the second try after reading your suggestions.

Go to: