cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Chicken Chase Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 16, 09 12:55 AM
Just now downloading. Don't see any type of reviews, so I thought I'd set this up.Will be back later to report and check others reports.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Chicken Chase Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 16, 09 9:44 AM
Talk about hunt and peck. It's cute and challenging if you like this type of game. For me it just makes my arm and hand hurt after a few min. play. As I said, It's well done for this type of game but not for me.

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Dec 16, 09 12:57 PM
Not for me to much clicking.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 16, 09 1:42 PM
Chicken Chase Review

Chicken Chase is an arcade game - in the Misc sense. It really isn't a TM game and there aren't any puzzles. The idea is that you are a chicken farmer and need to raise enough chickens to sell while defending them from predators and curing illness.

The good: Gameplay starts out very simple and ramps up gradually.
Clear goals

The bad: Lots and lots and lots and lots of mouse clicks
The ability to continue a level after the goals are met (like in Farm Frenzy) would be nice. Few things are more frustrating when there are 6 high value eggs about to hatch when the level ends. Plan your progress accordingly.

Who will like this: Folks looking for an uncomplicated game
Folks looking for turn off the brain game that isn't a HOG

Who will hate this:
Folks looking for a game that requires thought and/or planning
Folks with carpal tunnel

Karolyne's notes:
Seriously, make sure your mouse hand and arm are straight when playing this game - don't bend your wrist. Otherwise, you might start feeling some carpal tunnel.

If there is so much gold buried in the ground that the chickens are constantly digging it up, then why not sell the chickens, dig up the gold, and retire ?

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 1:43:39 PM PST

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Dec 16, 09 2:51 PM
thanks, - I have been thinking about it for the grandkids - do you think it might get too hard for 11-13 yrs? They play spa mania.

[Post New]by hollymamba on Dec 16, 09 3:10 PM
I liked the game until I got to a certain level and no matter what I do I can't get passed that. Therefore it's frustrating, and I don;t play it anymore. Never found a good walkthrough.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 16, 09 7:02 PM
Cptduzer, I think it would work pretty well for kids in that age range. If they liked the minigames in Spa Mania, I think they would like this. The game is less complicated than the TM portion of Spa Mania.

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 7:14:14 PM PST

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Dec 16, 09 7:12 PM
thanks - I am still debating as I have a boatload of credits, and hate buying another game that I am paying additional for (not that I am complaining, or saying anything opinionated about the 299, just my own personal decision about not buying something else until I have used what I have)

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 16, 09 8:07 PM
Nothing opinionated about that . It is hard to justify spending a credit on many of the games offered as DD. Many (but not all) of them were good for their time but now are somewhat lacking for a full $6.99...

Go to: