Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 5, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 5:51:32 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 5, 16 5:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 5, 16 8:22 AM
It took HOURS for this game to download, same as it did yesterday.....and uninstalling this game made my pc go haywire!!!

Win 7 64 bit.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 5, 16 9:24 AM
Took a while to load, but not too bad. Hidden object game after examining the professor and trying ti make an antidote kept bringing up "BLAM layer set" Problem. Cannot continue.
All in all too many problems. Fix it and try again later.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 5, 16 9:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear people have been encountering technical issues with the game. When technical problems occur, our help articles can be a quick way to find a resolution. For anyone experiencing issues with downloading this game, I recommend the following:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Old_Man_River, I understand there's an issue in one of the hidden object scenes. The steps in the following help article may be useful in resolving the problem you're seeing:

If anyone continues to experience a technical problem, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have the tools that are needed to gather data on and report problems.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Mar 5, 16 3:13 PM
Still playing the demo. Trying to use the map. Every time I try to open it, the acheivements( sp) open.

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Mar 10, 16 9:28 AM
Arrrgh game crashes when I click on the elevator door just at the start of the game.
Game freezes and I have to restart my computer

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Mar 10, 16 9:41 AM
It also says I don't have a disc in to play ???

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 10, 16 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to talk about the technical issues people have been seeing in the game. For the issues being described here, I recommend taking a look at the help article I've included below. The steps it includes can help in a variety of situations, including when the game is having trouble running correctly:

Devilscut, I'm sorry to hear that you've been seeing an error 1404. It sounds like you emailed our Technical Support Team about this error. I've been in touch with them, and it looks like you received an automated response to your inquiry. Our Reps have recently received an unusually high number of emails, and so are a little behind on their normal response time. That email was sent out in an effort to help as many people as possible, and I'm sorry that it didn't address your issue. I understand that they received your reply to that, and a Rep will be with you as soon as they're able.

If you'd like to try some troubleshooting steps while you wait, the following help article has some information that can help resolve an error 1404:

Errors 1400, 1401, 1402, and 1404

If anyone is seeing a persisting technical problem, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Mar 10, 16 1:16 PM
uninstalled and reinstalled so now it works- having the map working sporatically

[Post New]by shardie64 on Mar 12, 16 8:29 PM
As soon as I go to the hidden crystal object part of the game and go to put the last suitcase in the cupboard it freezes and boots me out of the game. Very frustrating. I also had a hard time downloading this game as it kept giving me error messages. Finally downloaded, and now this glitch in the game. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by chollaboy on Mar 13, 16 9:07 PM
MrsSkippy wrote:Still playing the demo. Trying to use the map. Every time I try to open it, the acheivements( sp) open.

I am having the same issue. Ended up rebooting. Will report again if it fails.
Follow up. The problems persists even after two reboots. Game plays but this is annoying.

Edited on 03/13/2016 at 10:27:35 PM PST

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Mar 16, 16 1:02 PM
In the hot air balloon, trying to nail the guy with the sandbag but that's difficult to do when the sandbag has "disappeared" from inventory. Cannot progress any further. Meanwhile frustration has set in. Running Windows 7, 64. 3rd game this month deemed unplayable due to glitches.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 17, 16 3:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the tech issues being reported here. I completely understand the frustration that technical problems can cause, and there are a few things I recommend trying.

Our help articles can often be useful when problems occur in games. The following help articles contain a versatile set of steps that may help in resolving the problems being reported here:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't resolve these issues, I encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have the tools that are needed in order to provide customized troubleshooting steps.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 18, 16 7:09 PM
Can't complete the third part of the rune game to get out of the dungeon - the sixth rune can't be selected, so can go no further.

[Post New]by lotsadogs on Mar 19, 16 2:32 PM
I am having the same problem someone else is having with this game. Whey I try to drop the sandbag on the guy, it disappears and a red target thingey goes back and forth across the screen. Tried starting over, thinking I may have missed something, but to no avail.

Go to: