voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

The Basics

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Mar 5, 16 12:36 AM
This is a follow on from "Punished Talents: Seven Muses, which came out in November 2013. I expect the Blam Devs will be around to get feedback on this one.

6 chapters and the bonus.

4 difficulty levels including custom.

Invention cards to find for a special bonus apparently. According to the extras, there are morphing items to find but these appear to be the pictures of the cards?

Very little in the extras, which leads me to believe that this game has not moved on with the current trends since the first one came out.

The map is interactive.

For some reason, devs lately seem to want to make things too easy for us in some situations. My example is the opening of the safe. Personally, I do not like having the code shoved at me. I would rather have a journal to look through and be made to "work" just a little harder. Blam are not the only ones guilty of this lately. There is no journal by the way, just an objectives list.

I DO NOT like the SG or the achievements buttons being next to the hint button! Why do some devs do this?

The first mini HOS I came to had included one interactive object to find, the second, is my (almost) nemesis, a shadow HOS. When the pictures are so small it is not easy to define what you are looking for, or whether you have to perform another action to find them. I must confess that this first one was reasonably easy, as I could guess most of them.

Please tell me what is the point of having all of the objects in a HOS as morphs?? Not much use if you are trying to get x number of items in x number of seconds. LOL!

A little mention of poems scattered about, similar to 10 little sailor boys or soldier or indian, depending on your thoughts.

I am not sure if the general consensus will be that this deserves the title of CE.
Like all of these games, a lot of work has gone into it.

A pleasant game. Have fun all

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 5:21:14 AM PST

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:The Basics

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Mar 5, 16 2:54 AM
Ooops I take it back. The Blam Devs have not been in our forum since the prequel to this one.

Possibly a sign of the times and how many reviewers we have lost

[Post New]by westspartan on Mar 5, 16 10:39 AM
Looks like there might be an issue with length, since there are 25 invention cards. So far I've found one in every scene. Any idea how long it lasts?

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Mar 7, 16 8:45 AM
westspartan wrote:Looks like there might be an issue with length, since there are 25 invention cards. So far I've found one in every scene. Any idea how long it lasts?

I too was concerned about this but I can confirm that there is not a card in every scene and of course you re-visit some scenes quite a few times too.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 8, 16 7:16 AM
I also hate when the SG button is close to the Hint button, and in this game, the SG button (a ribbon) is a lot smaller than the large flower Hint button. I tried to click on the SG button to look at the painting puzzle, and hit the flower by mistake, so of course it skipped the puzzle, which I didn't need or want to do. I don't understand why they would ever think it's ok to place the 2 so close together. Hint buttons should always be a ways away from any of the other buttons, maps, or journals.

Go to: