thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Sincere appreciation for 9otters!

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 5, 16 3:33 AM
In case our kind and thoughtful 9otters has not been properly thanked, I would like to take this opportunity to do so.

The time and effort put into each of these posts is absolutely amazing! The fact that the posts are here makes it so helpful to so very many players. I have no doubt that these posts are making the difference for many people between purchasing this game and passing it up.

My humble and heartfelt thanks, 9otters!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Sincere appreciation for 9otters!

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 5, 16 8:06 AM
Oh, thistle809...

If you knew how many mistakes I made in transferring notes, you might not have such high praise. Lol.

I believe I have FINALLY got everything edited and correct.

Others HAVE said "thank you", and I appreciate yours too.

And...if anyone finds something I have missed editing...PLEASE let me know, so I can fix it!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 5, 16 8:17 AM
And another thing...

thistle809 said,

The fact that the posts are here makes it so helpful to so very many players. I have no doubt that these posts are making the difference for many people between purchasing this game and passing it up.

You have pinpointed the reason that I have been posting solutions!

It is my hope that, maybe, someone who might not have a taken a chance on this game WILL give it a try...and end up enjoying it as much as I have.

Trying something outside of your comfort zone can be GOOD!

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 8:17:23 AM PST

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Mar 5, 16 11:46 AM
I try the room for days before I have to refer to 9otters solution, I dont know how you do it, I hope I can at least get one room on my own, or what it the point of playing the game, it just is so hard and I am only on Level 1 room 16, I just cant get it. 9otters if you read this is there any way you can give a little help to figure out how to solve these rooms, as I just cant get anywhere on my own, I love the game, and love the banging and rooms shaking by the way, just would really like to see some accomplishment
for myself in at least solving a room or 2, and I know its going to get harder as I go, what am I missing?
You must be the smartest person on the planet!
I take a picture with my ipad and then go and solve the room.
Just another question, what makes the room walls disappear and become wood, or open up again, I am so confused.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 11:59:22 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 5, 16 2:16 PM
MissMoraduke, I thought so with the one or other room in the beginning. Well, 9otters is just a genius, no question! But you have a chance to find solutions on your own too.

I do it like that: make a plan - where has our poor player to go, that is, which room must come where, then the steps...

Ok, I've been blown up, suffocated etc. during the trials but in the end succeeded. At the moment I have to have a break, last night I had sort of a nightmare with rooms......

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 6, 16 6:24 AM
MissMoraduke said,

9otters if you read this is there any way you can give a little help to figure out how to solve these rooms, as I just cant get anywhere on my own, I love the game, and love the banging and rooms shaking by the way, just would really like to see some accomplishment

It helps that I am SO hard-headed that I just refuse to quit until I get it. I can't tell you how many, MANY times I have replayed a room until I FINALLY got it right. Feels GOOD!

When I DO get it right, I replay the level several times. It really helps me to understand the mechanics. There have been times when, after solving a room, I can't do it a second time. I'll play the room until I can get it right every time.

Sometimes, taking note of the exit, and working BACKWARDS, a bit, can help. Use the LANTERN to see where all the rooms will be in the end. You won't see the details inside rooms, but you WILL see where rooms will NOT be, in the final arrangement.

Look at the BACKGROUND of the rooms. Half windows, staircases, chests, etc., will be complete when they meet up with their counterparts. The CAR rolling through will have a complete, unbroken path...

Know that, when a room "finds" its place...rewards us with the jingly sound, sparkles, turns from black and white to color...it doesn't mean it will STAY there while you are finding the solution. It only means it should END UP there. You might still have to use it in different places before it gets back "home".

On a couple of levels, I got to the exit, got my 3 puzzle/gear pieces, and the rooms were NOT where they "should" have been...I even had moves to spare...but that is the exception, not the rule. Especially with the beginning levels. I think I just got a little better as I went along. The room arrangement the lantern shows, IS the arrangement to shoot for.

Making mistakes is GOOD. Take your time and EXPERIMENT. If I'm making the same moves over and over, getting nowhere...I'll try something different. Even if I think it isn't right.

If you feel like you're banging your head against a wall, getting nowhere, getting frustrated...take a break. You'll see the level with "new" eyes when you come back...and this is supposed to be FUN.

Hope this helps.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 6, 16 6:28 AM
MissMoraduke said,

Just another question, what makes the room walls disappear and become wood, or open up again, I am so confused.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

If you want to PM me, with more details...maybe a particular level that shows what you mean...

I'll look to see if I can help.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Mar 9, 16 1:46 PM
Thanks so much for all the hard work Without you, I would have thrown the computer out I am not able to find Mansion 1, Roman numeral !!! I don't know how to get past the puppet
Thanks
Mary

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Mar 14, 16 2:45 PM
To 9otters:

I probably won't even be playing this game (due to the shaking rooms issue) so I may never understand the need for all you've done BUT I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work and for being one of those wonderful helpful people in life who make things so much more pleasant for others.
I've been around these forums for 7 years now and it's people like you who help everyone get the most out of their games and really enjoy them. I'm so grateful for folks like you! Thank you!

GradmaSue
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,437 Posts

[Post New]by GradmaSue on Mar 25, 16 10:46 AM
Just want to add my thanks to the list.

You have made it possible to enjoy this game!

Go to: