Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Half Off LOL

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Mar 5, 16 9:44 AM
Since when has €3 been half off any game price? That was the discount I was offered at checkout. Felix needs to go back to school and brush up on his sums. Come on BFG let's have some clarity on discount offers.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Half Off LOL

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 5, 16 11:40 AM
... what they mean is half off 19.99$ - the regular, not the game club price!
But I think too, this is not the best of sales for members!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 5, 16 1:00 PM
It's an awful sale, but the game is also pretty awful so I don't mind this time

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Mar 5, 16 3:03 PM
Dear BFGFlounder, [Removed by Moderator] I'm posting this in the hope that you will send it up the line.

I sincerely wish BFG would go back to the "old days" when they had a real BOGO sale a few times a year.

I've recently realized that I buy many fewer games than I used to - because I know there will be a sale over the weekend, and a bundle sale during the week.

I used to buy a huge majority of the CE games that came out. Granted, I've retired since, and am more selective now because I have less money. Even so, I know I'm buying fewer CEs. Hey, if I miss the latest sale, there'll be another one in a week!

Now and then I'll use up the credits I buy with my membership. I used to automatically buy 7+ credits a month, too, since it made it easier to shop.

Sheesh. I bet if they backed off on the constant sales, they'd sell more of the "freemium" games, too.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 5:17:52 PM PST

[Post New]by elizabethp3871 on Mar 5, 16 4:56 PM
To BFG,
I happen to like the frequent and different types of sales that you all offer on a daily basis. It's very rare these days for me to buy a game at full price. (One of them being that a game SO good just came out and I have to have TODAY, but that's not the issue here.) I never have to wait more than a day or two for the right sale type to come along that fits my needs.
It seems the only sale type that they completely did away with was offering game credits at half price. I think I became a member at the end of 2013 and I only saw that sale twice when I first joined. By mid 2014 I've not seen that sale since, and I log on to this site at least once a day. That's the sale I'd like to see again.
Felix's biggest fan,
Elizabeth

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 5, 16 5:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the posts in this thread. I understand there is some question about the prices of games in the 50% off sale today. As rainworm mentioned, the sale today was for 50% off the retail price of games. This means that it will discount games from the non-membership price.

While this sale only applies to the retail price for games, we do offer sales for Game Club members, as well as sales that apply for members and non-members. If you're ever curious about what a promotion is discounting, we recommend checking the sale banner on our website.

The Forum Moderation Team sincerely appreciates receiving feedback and suggestions for our games and site, and I'm going to pass along these posts. However, I do want to ask that people please make sure to follow Forum Rules while posting. Specifically:

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

By keeping these rules in mind, we can help keep the forums accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Since this thread isn't game specific, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If anyone ever has a question that isn't related to a game, we recommend PMing a Moderator, or reaching out to our Customer Support Team. The Moderation Team and Support Team are always more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 5:30:58 PM PST

Go to: