jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Going out of business sale

[Post New]by jade_en on Mar 5, 16 9:32 PM
# 540529

Ladies & Gents:

I am at Level 37. I am frustrated and tired with this game. I have decided to quit pursuing this game. I normally play HOPA -- Big Fish, of course! I am going back to playing multi-dim games. Just my opinion.

In any event, I really do like giving. I have earned some neat stuff in MC. I'd love to give it out since I won't be using it. And, I pledge to sign in and give out my "stuff" for the next couple of weeks. I have removed all items from my "wish list" -- so, obviously, no reciprocity is possible; frankly, I just want to give this stuff AWAY!! (grin)

I truly am sincere in my intent to give away as much as I can to MC Fans. It is a great game -- it just isn't for me.

On a side note:

HUGE THANKS TO:

441918 ASIS888 -- best "gift giver" ever

353123 Kat -- thank you for the many

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Going out of business sale

[Post New]by jade_en on May 20, 16 5:15 PM
Well, a few months later, and I still enjoy logging on daily to MC and giving *stuff* away. Cheers to all! Me aka "Princess".

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on May 20, 16 5:40 PM
sorry you feel that way ,I was in the same frame of mind just back in January. however I have changed my way of playing and it has helped . this game is a marathon not a sprint , by the way I like MC over all the other HOS games in BFG only because it's the only one that's time based instead of energy , also if you can get a great group of friends that helps a lot too , just take a break don't give away too many hard to get items , just remember it's a game so have fun

Fred(Lortoc)

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on May 24, 16 5:03 PM
MC is a great game.

However, FOR ME, I found that I was too much involved with the game. Meaning, that once I had done the normal "rounds" for getting key items, I was still engaged.

I found myself playing the game for too many hours. Once I got to a high level -- the 30s level area -- I could do the rounds almost indefinitely.

No doubt, many players of this game will recognize how I played. IF I saw that a certain area would again be playable in --say-- under 30 minutes, then I would stick around and play it. As MC Players know, If one area is "freed-up" then they all will be -- in sequence (of course).

As well, I was also shocked to realize how much actual currency that I was spending on buying crystals. Yes, I do get impatient. Yes, I went through a number of crystals.

What I ended up realizing is that while MC is a great game, I strongly prefer playing HOPA and adventure games. BF has all sorts of those games... "A new game every day." And, a HOPA takes a (usual) maximum of six hours to play to completion. Thereby, I could play a HOPA to its completion and go to bed.

When I realized my "problem", I intentionally used all of my crystals in one bang-it-up evening. And, I decided to post this "Going out of business" message on the MC board. Furthermore, in order to keep myself away, I decided to give away all of the great stuff that I had acquired in MC to other users a/k/a "MC Friends". It was MONTHS ago that I started to do this. I am still doing it now, several times a day. I LIKE giving away things. No, I LOVE giving items to Players so that they can progress.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on May 24, 16 5:28 PM
I admire your resolve to quit playing. I keep wanting to, but no rehab facility will admit me. No one has a program for Midnight Castle addicts. I'm not playing as much today as I was a year ago, but I still am here way too much.

As a side note to no one in particular, if I hear that this game is a marathon not a sprint one more time, I am going to lean over the railing of Pirate Pete's boat and.....

Take care and enjoy your other games.

caseyjune
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by caseyjune on May 24, 16 6:19 PM
Hold on. This is a great game you just need a little patience. Don't go nuts buying diamonds or coins, you don't need to do that. If you run into trouble, got to the forum you'll get lots of help I know I did. The game progresses well and the graphics are incredible. Just sit back and enjoy. Don't run a race with it. At level 37 you've begun to break the ice. Stay with it a little longer it will become addictive.

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on May 24, 16 8:30 PM
Yes, it is a great game.

I just need to play games with a start & end -- which is what the typical adventure game provides. Thank you BF for doing this!!

No doubt it seems odd that I have stopped actually playing this game, yet I still go on a few times a day with the sole purpose of giving "stuff" away. It truly does make me happy to press the button whenever I "gift" something.

Sheenaksq
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Sheenaksq on May 27, 16 4:04 PM
What's an HOPA? I've tried quite a few hidden object games by big fish while waiting for the various updates to MC, but haven't found one to keep my attention like MC....

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Jun 11, 16 11:31 AM
HOPA = Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

These are games with HOS (hidden object scenes) and puzzles. These are likely what you have been playing, as BF has lots of them.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jun 11, 16 11:50 PM
Hmmmm, try MC related HOPA....was just on sale for iOS

Midnight Calling Anabel. ( been doing while waiting for MC update) Have 2 one coming.

Crystal; P

[Post New]by lindasch100 on Jun 17, 16 4:15 PM
Hi jad_en,
I wanted to thank you for the objects you have sent to me. I really appreciate receiving some of your inventory.
Linda

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Jul 23, 16 2:23 PM
You are very welcome, Linda.

Amazingly enough, I *still* have loads of items to give away -- and as you likely have noticed, I *do* logon to give stuff away nearly every day of the week -- and I stopped actively "playing" in early March.

FYI: I still have HUNDREDS of blue (723) and green (354) stamps left. Can you update your wish list? I am running out of the stuff that I normally send you.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 23, 16 2:29 PM
sadie700 wrote:I admire your resolve to quit playing. I keep wanting to, but no rehab facility will admit me. No one has a program for Midnight Castle addicts. I'm not playing as much today as I was a year ago, but I still am here way too much.

As a side note to no one in particular, if I hear that this game is a marathon not a sprint one more time, I am going to lean over the railing of Pirate Pete's boat and.....

Take care and enjoy your other games.

Sadie...Amen to that!

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Jul 23, 16 2:39 PM
Dbingamen: you could try doing what I did to get away from the game.

I knew that un-installing MC would prolly not work; I was afraid that I would just start up a new profile.

So, I chose a day to "finish" playing whereby I used all of my jewels. Then, I posted this thread & actively logon several times a day with the sole purpose of giving stuff away -- and I made sure to give away all of the "high-value" (commonly used) items first. I still do the dice game, wheel of fortune & send ships, but my purpose in it is to get good items so that I can give them away.

Anyhow, this method worked for me! I honestly haven't been tempted to do any quests or solve any HOS.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 23, 16 4:07 PM
After nearly two years of trying to "close" 3 games, I have given up trying and am now playing them again, albeit very slowly. I could not resist spinning the wheel when I went in and the daily bonuses kept adding up coin & diamonds.

I need that rehab facility now. Where is it?????

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Jan 4, 17 5:28 PM
So... I am back in the game again... my level is now in the 50s.

When I stopped playing the game (see below), I still logged-on most days -- sometimes twice or more a day -- and I gave away as much as I could. I actually got alot of joy in doing that.

Anyhow, I decided to begin playing again in earnest about a month ago.

This is an interesting game... we have "Friends" but we never have any contact with each other besides the "social" tab of the game -- and all that means is that we recognize an icon/avatar + name and we choose to either give or not give some item. And, that is is just to give 1 of 5 items per day, Or, we can do that several times a day, since the gift-giving appears to be clock-sensitive.

Of the 50+ friends that I have, only a handful are completely reciprocal.

My point: all I need right now are blank (white) stamps. These are the most common items out there. And, I actually don't get whole lot of these in return from the about 50 "friends" that I have.

Just venting & happy new year to all.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jan 4, 17 6:14 PM
Ah Ha Jade en! I knew that rehab wouldn't work. Welcome to the insanely addicted club. Glad to see you back. I hope you are having a good time, I've been here way too long and still can't find the doorway out of the castle. I will PM you if you need friends to give you the white stamps.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 4, 17 6:30 PM
jade_en,
You might want to edit your original post...move the id number down with your most recent one that explains you are playing again and need white stamps.

Otherwise, I bet you get more invites from some who just read the first post and think you are give away all inventory.

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Jan 11, 17 6:28 PM
Thank you, Susie W & Sadie! MC is mostly a solitary marathon, but is is amazing how supportive one's fellow fans are.

All of the MCists are awesome!!!

[Post New]by dphelps1234 on Jan 14, 17 7:33 PM
Jade en if you would like send me an invite i will accept I am playing on two games my main game is ID 640482 (27 Friends) and my second game ID 641170 (2 friends). I decided too start the game over and run too games as I wait for updates. On my old laptop (who decided to take a flying leap to the floor and be no more) I had over 200 friends I was gifting too needless to say I ran a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone and who i had gifted too. I am not during that this time, I will only except up to 45 friends on either game as sometimes I cannot play every day or maybe only 2 times a day. I will gladly send white plain stamps if that is what you need. You might also want to add whatever it is you need the most of to your name (Example Deb Need Plain Stamps) I always look at everyone's name to see if they need a certain item and that is what I will send also I always look at what you are wishing for I try to send whatever the first item is or if you need a crafted item.

So if you want to add me send an invite, I would send you one but I know how over whelmed you can be with all the invites you will receive.

Thank You Deb

Go to: