tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Update Coming For PC Version

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 7, 16 10:45 AM
Upcoming - Maintenance for Midnight Castle (PC) - March 7, 2016

I guess we will see what changing that was made in the update.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 10:56:37 AM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Update Coming For PC Version

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 7, 16 10:50 AM
Starting 11:00 AM PST today - Midnight Castle for PC will be down for maintenance for a short time.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 7, 16 10:56 AM
Hi there,

Thanks tazruby2000 for letting players know that a maintenance is occurring. To make things easier, I'm going to go ahead and make the link clickable. Once maintenance is complete, the Moderation Team will post in that thread.

bfgBellerophon

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 7, 16 11:43 AM
My game says it is out of date and to install the update.
(it is set for automatic)

Tried to manually search for update, but says none available.

Are we all in the same boat or do I need to restart the computer or what?

PS. the locked threads at the top of the forum make it look like today's update IS already up and running.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Mar 7, 16 11:47 AM
Im in the same boat, its saying there is an update but cant download one as it says there isnt one!!

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 7, 16 11:47 AM
Hi Susiewastaken. I'm in the same boat as you so I am guessing the servers are still down for maintenance - I'm just kicking myself that I didn't log out sooner and got kicked out instead...no telling what all I will have to do over again...ugh...sitting on a quest that of course needs me to make multiple trips to the dreaded Binding Egg and Statue of the Fallen...and I was soooo close to finishing that mess. oh well.

[Post New]by pink911 on Mar 7, 16 11:47 AM
susiewastaken wrote:My game says it is out of date and to install the update.

PS. the locked threads at the top of the forum make it look like today's update IS already up and running.

same here

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Mar 7, 16 11:51 AM
susiewastaken wrote:My game says it is out of date and to install the update.

Same with me.

[Post New]by lilredhood on Mar 7, 16 11:51 AM
yes I just got the boot too!!! glad that all i needed was just money to open up an area for uncle but still need close to 2000 to do that. was hoping to get that done this afternoon. oh well

maybe the new update which is supposed to take a long time to upload from what i read can be as long as 15 minutes for those who are a long way in the game will make some good improvements. It also said that spring is coming but we have to be patient so look for another one soon.

MrsThompy
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by MrsThompy on Mar 7, 16 11:52 AM
Also can't get the update in Holland. Maybe takes a bit longer (time-difference) ?

NellyT
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by NellyT on Mar 7, 16 11:52 AM
I suppose that we will be able to download only when the maintenance is finished.
For the time being...... nail biting.....

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 7, 16 11:53 AM
Thank-you all for replying so quickly.
Relieved to know am not alone.
Gonna step away from the computer for a bit...that always seems to make it work faster, lol.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 7, 16 11:55 AM
What's was posted on the Midnight Castle Facebook page:

Attention PC Players!!! I wanted to give you a heads up that the game will be down for a bit for an UPDATE starting at about 11:10am PST! As soon as the update is live, I'll post here again!

Please note that this update makes changes to how the game is downloaded from our servers. If you are far along in the game, it may take up to 15 minutes for the game to download and load the update once it's available. I want to assure you that this is a ONE TIME only download, and should make future updates faster!
Also, this update does not include the Spring Event. Don't worry though! The developers are hard at work on the event and we'll have more information on it for you soon!

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Mar 7, 16 11:56 AM
Thank goodness other people are having the same issue. Just sent an e-mail to tech support so guess that is now moot.
Heart was in my throat when I thought my game was gone

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Mar 7, 16 11:57 AM
Was 10 minutes away from a tournament ending where I was winning 42 diamonds...for the very first time. Yay! Now hopefully because it booted me out, I hope I haven't lost them.

Update: The tourney must have ended before booting me out. I got my diamonds...yay!!! I should have said "When I left my computer, I was 10 minutes away from a tourney ending..." I'm so happy!

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 1:05:36 PM PST

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Mar 7, 16 11:57 AM
Linalie wrote:Hi Susiewastaken. I'm in the same boat as you so I am guessing the servers are still down for maintenance - I'm just kicking myself that I didn't log out sooner and got kicked out instead...no telling what all I will have to do over again...ugh...sitting on a quest that of course needs me to make multiple trips to the dreaded Binding Egg and Statue of the Fallen...and I was soooo close to finishing that mess. oh well.

Me too I have a pile of things to do again. Ugh. I just wanted to leave after an hour, when it blew me out of the game. Bad luck. They should put the game into options, click "Save".

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Mar 7, 16 11:57 AM
I am now downloading it, fingers crossed!

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Mar 7, 16 11:59 AM
drkgordon wrote:Was 10 minutes away from a tournament ending where I was winning 42 diamonds...for the very first time. Yay! Now hopefully because it booted me out, I hope I haven't lost them.

Unfortunately. When such a failure is not recorded.

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Mar 7, 16 12:01 PM
In the options me a lot is missing the "save game". When I want to save, I go out and then come back.

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Mar 7, 16 12:11 PM
I'm in England. My game says it is out of date. I am unable to open game manager. It is not even possible for me to even check for the update. Just hope this is due to time difference.

Tammy.

Go to: