Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 8, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 6:28:08 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 8, 16 6:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Mar 8, 16 7:05 AM
I DO like Orchid Games and this is the second story about our royal pair. The game is a nice change of pace. A light-hearted romp with color and humor.

Wish there was a category for these types of games because, it is NOT a hidden object game. We search for things to solve moving on in the game, but do not find them in HO scenes. I don't know the appropriate label...adventure light? Anyway...

Great, colorful graphics, appropriate music, and 3 difficulty levels.

Nice that there is a one hour trial...not a "sample version" demo. We actually get to play for an entire hour.

Even though it is a standard edition, there are 15 achievements and 29 lion heads to collect. No "helping hand" to give them away...and they not so easy to spot! There is a shield with a lion's head, by the menu button, to remind us to look for it.

Some of the usual things to do...and some not...that are found in other games, but the story keeps me moving forward.

Gonna have to find out how they will get themselves out of this situation. I have a game credit to use and I will be using it here. Happy gaming!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Mar 8, 16 9:48 AM
Oh my What a great surprise! A sequel to one of the cheeriest, happiest PC games I ever played. And with a coupon? Instant buy on a bright, sunny day in sunny Southern California. Only played a few minutes of the demo, just to make sure it was as good as the first and it is. Read 9otters review. It's spot on!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 8, 16 9:53 AM
This game is a hoot and I've just got to have it and go check out the previous game. Great graphics, good music at least for awhile, hilarious commentary. I'm intrigued!

Edited upon completion of both Royal Trouble games:

I have never given 5 stars to any game either SE or CE but Orchid Games gets 5 stars for both their games from me.

These are not games for children, they are very adult wrapped up in children's packaging. I loved them! They also have great replay value which I find very important. I've never laughed so much at any pair of games in all the years I've been purchasing games from Big Fish.

Thank you Orchid and Big Fish for an extremely entertaining day.

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 6:03:55 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 8, 16 9:57 AM
We are all in agreement so far. Was so entertained by the first story and here we are 4 or 5 years later with a sequel. What a great surprise. Entertaining humorous romp while switching between characters. I'll leave the specifics to others. Highly recommend for a lighthearted bit of fun.

As always try before you buy.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Mar 8, 16 10:45 AM
Such a pleasant change. Delightful

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 8, 16 11:13 AM
Love this game. I couldn't wait and ordered it sometime ago from the developer. Both this and the first one remind me of some of those old Katherine Hepbern,Spencer Tracy movies. A light hearted romp, but still some challenge involved in completing.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 8, 16 11:46 AM
A great change of pace from the doom and gloom games we have been getting lately. Not a typical hidden object game, but more of a Scott Adams adventure game (I'm dating myself I know) with graphics and no where near as difficult. It would be great to have a separate category for these types of games, and more of them. It's a buy for me, but still you should try for yourself. That's the reason for the free trial.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 9, 16 6:33 PM
boring game, awful "music". is this a childrens game?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 9, 16 7:51 PM
Well, it's cute, and the humor is a nice change. It's also a nice change to see how the hero/ine can be so competent in one instance and then so clumsy.

The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to find some of the hidden lions. I had to completely give up in some scenes.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 9, 16 11:32 PM
And... done.

What was the point of collecting all the lion heads? There was no further mention of Nathaniel's family crest on the box.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 10, 16 5:55 AM
I don't have much time for gaming these days but wanted to add like the first one, this is light, delightful & hilarious.

The sarcasm & wit are superb. And I find the voice over, pace it is delivered at and the music all add to the folly of the game.

qpr1 wrote:boring game, awful "music". is this a childrens game?
I sincerely hope not. Seduction, temptation into adultery on your honeymoon & being ordered to strip are not normally considered topics suitable for children LOL

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 10, 16 6:51 AM
Such a wonderful change of pace...laughing...OMG...a real feel good, kinda game

And the man being seduced...will he give in like most men...lol, you must play to find out !!
No question of boxers or brief's here...lol, have to agree with, Jojo...love the sarcasm & wit...will surely hit the funny bone !!
The developers really did an AWESOME job, with this little gem, for me it gets 5 ...plus a for being original !!

You really owe it to yourself, to at least give the demo a try, you might be surprised like me, and really enjoy it .

[Post New]by partyofthree on Mar 11, 16 12:49 PM
kind of reminds me of City of Fools

[Post New]by rexdart on Mar 12, 16 11:44 PM
seldom comment on the forums(though I usually;read the forums and play the demos) but I ENJOYED this game and the previous one! get a little tired of overlong;dark games.....thanks bfg....and thanks orchid only not so long between games please! ,

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 30, 16 6:42 PM
What a delightful, lighthearted change of pace game
If you are young at heart but like a wee touch of adult in a game then give this one a try !
I sooo enjoyed it, colors, story-line, fitting music and game-play --- just loved it !
The only downer was not finding 3 Lions heads near the start of the game and now wink-wink I will never find out what is in the Family Box unless I replay it or someone PM's me the answer

Thanks Big Fish for offering this little sleeper and it is getting my highest score for originality , art work and the obvious care and work put in this gem ... out of 5 !!!
Played on new desktop PC running factory installed Windows 10 with no problems.

Go to: