bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Build It! Miami Beach Resort

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 17, 09 12:05 AM
Build your own beach resort! Begin in the 1920s with simple bungalows and reach unbelievable heights. Each level is a new year: wonderful art-deco hotels, the invention of the cinema, the first fast-food diner and –decades later – giant hotels right on the beach. Cash in on renting out your hotel rooms, while shops, restaurants and other leisure facilities bring you leasing receipts in this fun Time Management game.

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Build It! Miami Beach Resort

[Post New]by step54 on Dec 17, 09 12:54 AM
Another bloody timer.

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Dec 17, 09 1:11 AM
I cant even get passed the first level!!!! need lots of advice on this one before I buy it.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 17, 09 1:23 AM
I'm at 1929, but the game is not as fun as everyone was saying it was. I've had to do several levels at least 3 or 4 times and there was no reason for it, by the time I did it the last time I knew everything that had to be done and twice still ran out of time. At least get her in tune to the amount of time given. If they demand you go from x to z on a level and she can't work fast enough to complete the level in time with everything lined up for her to do, then obviously they're not allowing enough time to complete the level.{to clarify the only reason I made the level in time the last time was nothing broke down or needed to be swept if something had of broken down or needed to be swept even with everything lined up the level would have had to been replayed} I had more success with the German demo version of the game and couldn't even read what it was I was supposed to do. Had to keep translating. But made it to 1930 without running out of time once. It was fun and I was looking forward to the English version. So what's the deal? I'm not even trying for expert.

Edit to clarify what I am saying.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 1:25:58 AM PST

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jakiblue on Dec 17, 09 1:26 AM
Hate it. i LOVE build it games. But this one is awful. Cannot get past the third level (1923 or 1924). Time goes WAY too quick . And what the heck is with the limit on "building permits"??? You can only build a certain amount of properties - if you need more (to up your occupancy or make more profit) you have to demolish one! Ridiculous. Wish I could get a refund on this one - worst Build It game so far.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 17, 09 1:37 AM
jakiblue wrote:Hate it. i LOVE build it games. But this one is awful. Cannot get past the third level (1923 or 1924). Time goes WAY too quick . And what the heck is with the limit on "building permits"??? You can only build a certain amount of properties - if you need more (to up your occupancy or make more profit) you have to demolish one! Ridiculous. Wish I could get a refund on this one - worst Build It game so far.

You can get past that by demolishing your older buildings and building new ones like a bungalow to a hotel when you need a certain amount of guests to complete the level. Money. I think something got messed up in the timer between the German and English version. If one thing breaks down it doesn't even matter if you click at the top for the next task and bypass the first task to get your goals met, you won't make the time on certain levels. It isn't the clicking either because you can give her a list of tasks to complete provided you have enough money and choose which task she does next. A great addition to the game.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 1:39:11 AM PST

[Post New]by xstitchcarina on Dec 17, 09 1:38 AM
Can't get past the 1st level, after tutorial levels, either. Tried all kinds, but have no idea how to get to the 155 guests thing.

Glad I didn't buy it yet.

1010elisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 1010elisa on Dec 17, 09 1:49 AM
a no way for me!!!!!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 17, 09 4:23 AM
When I started the game demo I downloaded from here I got some message about changes to xml at start up- though that box went away and the game continued.

I ended up buying it elsewhere when I saw it was released at a club I have some free coupons and I did not get the error message again but that could have been just a coincidence.

Anyway- I agree this game seems difficult and I failed first level and thought it was because I i did not understand what to do

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Dec 17, 09 5:07 AM
When I looked at the first screen the only option was Riot Mode - looks like the easier modes got lost in translation - hope they fix it soon because I was soooo looking forward to this one.

[Post New]by neatfeet12 on Dec 17, 09 6:03 AM
I also cannot get past 1923. Glad I only have the demo & not paid money for it!

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Dec 17, 09 6:32 AM
To be perfectly frank, the graphics in "Build it Miami Beach Resort are the only aspect of the entire game that is at least serviceable and does not end up in the same horrible category as the gameplay. The gameplay is so embarrassingly bad that it's a wonder the game was even allowed a release .

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 6:35:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Advisor on Dec 17, 09 6:55 AM
Here is the solution for 1923:
1x additional hotel sunrise and
1x additional park

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 17, 09 2:26 PM
I think this game has a lot of potential. Not sure tho, why the 1923 level is so hard. Had to play it 5-6 times, even with clues to win. They next several levels are much easier. I think this game is much more challenging than most of the building games that have come along since BAL--that's a good thing to me. I don't like the movement around the screen though & I don't quite get how you know what your building/leisure ratio is. It looks like it has a lot of levels though which means many hours of gameplay & that's one of my biggest criteria in deciding to buy a TM game.

djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by djeddy on Dec 17, 09 7:25 PM
Thanks, Advisor. It took me 8 times till I read your help on level 1923.

[Post New]by aintpit_aintshit on Dec 27, 09 2:12 PM
I'm trying to add the extra park and sunrise but I still cannot beat this level.. I always run out of time when I'm almost finished building my last building..

I've repeated this level soo many times it's not even funny.. I complete all the tasks and then add the extras and then "uh oh" times up..

I've tried every way to do this even try to add a 'ocean'

maybe someone can help me in more detail other than extra park & sunrise??

[Post New]by funkymonkeymommy on Jan 1, 10 3:33 PM
I was excited about this game to...I play way too many build it games to count but this ONE SUCKS...the timer is way off and it is not enjoyable at all...I love a challenge but this is way to hard for a leisurely fun game. Too many levels take 5+ tries and the adviser and hints are useless. Too bad I already spent my money

Go to: