cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

Season Match 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by cche on Dec 17, 09 12:39 AM
I have played for 32 minutes. Match mechanism is similar to 4 elements, though there are more "power ups", and the match screens alternate with a variety of hidden object puzzles.

Timed and relaxed modes available.

Music seems to be a single loop, and not too long. Will become irritating after a while.

Not too difficult at least in the earlier levels.

At $2.99, and based on comments in older threads, this is a fair value. Not my kind of game though.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 9:44:58 AM PST

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

Re:Season Match 2 comments and reviews

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 17, 09 1:17 AM
As cche has mentioned, Season Match 2 is a M3 with some HOG minigames. Other than the addition of the minigames and what amounts to a speed limiter to prevent folks getting through the levels too fast (the 'get rid of the guard' in each level), it is pretty similar to Season Match 1.

The good: Large, clear graphics
Untimed mode
Virtually every other level is now a HOG
The time for gems to drop has vastly improved since the first game

The bad: Only one gameplay mode (the first game had 3)
Although the HOGS do break up the game, it looks like they are actually replacing the M3 levels and there may be fewer M3 levels than in the previous game. There still seem to be at least 120 levels of both kinds, though.

Who will like this: Fans of M3 games

Who will hate this: Folks looking for a straight M3 game

Karolyneb's Note:
The story is much more detailed than in the first game with lots of characters that pop in and out. It looks like the story is indeed skippable, though.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 1:18:10 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 17, 09 7:21 AM
Thanks for your reviews! I haven`t test this game yet, but I plan to buy it later this day because I have already bought the first Season Match 1 as the Daily Deal and I absolutely loved it!

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 17, 09 9:44 AM
I agree with Eisteepfirsich, thanks for posting some reviews of Season Match 2! I'm sure your reviews will come in handy for some other players in the future.

Since we didn't do reviews on the forums when this game first released, I've gone ahead and made this thread the official comments and review thread for Season Match 2 and added a sticky. Just a heads up!

Thanks again!

bfgEuphrates

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 17, 09 1:09 PM
I enjoy the Season Matches, due to the different match 3 approach. Season 1 wouldn't play on my new pc but this one does so I'm happy. Bought it after making sure it worked.

I enjoy HOG so I don't mind having items hidden and they are pretty easy to find. Like the twist with the "baddies" blocking an area of the board til you can tip the scales, which has been pretty easy thus far. I'm just at the beginning of the game though.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Dec 17, 09 3:24 PM
I had this game free from a site that interrupts them :-). Even so, I enjoyed it very much. There are certainly times when I don't want to be challenged or play forever.

I bought Season Match but I have to play it windowed and Season Match 2 was fine. Of course, I just got a new monitor too. I think they are such pretty games that it's a shame. Did anyone else have that issue?

I thought some of the HOG items were tough, lol, usually the last one. It's not a difficult game or wasn't the way I played.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 17, 09 4:13 PM
I've played this game before on another site and, though match 3 games aren't games I normally like, this one is different. There is a choice of modes to play-timed and relaxed. That caught my attention, first. If there hadn't been a relaxed mode, I would have skipped the game. I really like this one. The graphics are very good and everything is so bright and colorful. I actually enjoy playing the game so I decided to buy it because it is the Daily Deal. Another thing I liked about it, is that it saved my progress from the first time I played it which means, I'm up to level 64 now. Match Season 2 gets and 1/2.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 4:14:33 PM PST

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Dec 18, 09 7:49 AM
I've enjoyed this game right up to level 70 which I think may be the last, although I'm not sure

Assemble the reflection in the mirror without any clues!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind jigsaws at all but these where you swap two tiles and don't have clue what the finished picture is do my head in.

Finally finished, and yes the mirror is the end of the game, well worth 2.99

Edited on 12/18/2009 at 10:59:11 AM PST

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Jan 4, 10 10:28 PM
I was having trouble on level 13, but I liked the game so much that I deleted it and bought it and of course re-installed. Now I'm on 30 or so and it's just fine. . My wifey and I play side by side and are actually avid Rabid IHOG enthusiasts, but we both love this game for a change. Best M3 since Neptunia IMO. Almost have our January quota already

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Jan 20, 10 12:04 PM
It takes a special match 3 game for me to purchase it, since this is not my preferred genre. I loved the creative characters, the beautiful graphics, and the interspersed HOG and arcade mini-games. This game is certainly worth playing.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Mar 30, 10 1:21 PM
We've been playing this game for some time now - relaxed mode, just a peaceful way of passing a couple of minutes while the vegetables boil etc! So I decided to see if the number of coins was consistent between games. It does seem to be always the same, but in trying to find out I looked at the data files. I found a couple of strange things:

"The guard makes moves in turn with you
and tries to tip the scale to his side." in Tips.txt

and

"
Fit pentomino together, left -" in TL_HO.txt

Are these from a mode I haven't found yet, or perhaps text left over from another version?

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Sep 7, 10 12:12 PM
I have tried to comment and review this game. I had to delete the post because someone decided to alter the way I wrote it!! I did not use any bad language, as I prefer not to express myself using expletives, nor do I want to offend other users. I would appreciate it it BF will allow me to say, " I despise Hidden Object games." I have never purchased one and never will. I love Match 3 games, and they are primarily what I buy. When they put hidden object levels in them it messes them up for me. I wish BF would keep the Match 3 games simply Match 3

[Post New]by mandalamama on Oct 6, 10 10:01 AM
my daughter and i both finished this game, yet she's still playing it over and over! the graphics and sounds are truly luscious. i hesitate to call this a match-3 game, since you can match enormous amounts of pieces as long as they're touching. the power-ups are fun, and the rockets blowing things up is one of our favorite parts of the game. the mini-games between matches are pleasant - i dislike HOGs, yet i loved the mini-games in this game, not all of them are searching for hidden objects, some are for matching shapes, or finding things behind other things. the graphics are so wonderful i've even taken screen-shots and used them for our desktop.

for this game!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 6:41 AM
Hi all, I originally bought this game from another site ages ago but downloaded the trial from BFG as well. I adored the beautiful season graphics and found the whole game so addictive. It's a keeper for me and a game I'll return to again and again. Highly recommended! Try it for yourself!
Love Pat_ric_ia x

winkadink
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by winkadink on Jul 24, 11 5:43 PM
Not my kind of Match 3 - you "pop" the gems and I prefer switching them. It goes kind of slowly and just the same thing over and over. It is probably a good game for children since the graphics are quite colorful. The hidden object games are not chalenging enough to make them fun. A no buy for me even if it goes to a DD.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 1:14 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

probaby221
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by probaby221 on Sep 20, 11 12:57 PM
graphics are good...but no challenge...easily gets to be boring

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Jul 16, 13 4:37 PM
I downloaded the trial and loved it so I bought the game.

Enjoyed it thoroughly graphics, mini games the works. Music a bit repetitive that can be turned off. Shame though the music is quite pleasant but the same bars are repeated over and over.

Until I hit level 60.

It is cruel to have a high speed arcade style level that can not be skipped in a relaxed and un-timed mode. Neither my mouse nor my hands can deal with high speed that is why I purchase games that offer un-timed modes. I did manage to get through the bees and honey comb level after several tries and the other arcade adventure levels but this one is impossible for me and I have tried several times.

This has taken the fun out of a game I was thoroughly enjoying.

Go to: