bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Build It! Miami Beach Resort comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 17, 09 1:11 AM

Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Build It! Miami Beach Resort comments and reviews

[Post New]by jakiblue on Dec 17, 09 1:24 AM
I'm a huge fan of Build It games - have them all from here. I have been playing this one tonight and cannot get past level 3. I've restarted the level 8 times. The time goes too quick and money is slow in coming. Wish I had never bought this.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 17, 09 1:48 AM
bfgFlounder something got messed up in the timers or something. I played the German version of this game and was having a great time even though I had to keep translating and made it to 1930 in the demo. Never had to replay one of the levels. Never got expert on many, but didn't have to replay over and over. I've had to replay even the beginning levels of this version over and over to make it.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 17, 09 5:11 AM
Yep, something not right. I couldn't pass the first non-tutorial level. Never was enough money for the time you get. The hint kept saying build more lodgings but I never had enough money. After the goals were met, I had 2 permits left and even if I bought the hotel I couldn't get my people over 130...

Looked fun, but... I also wasn't fond of how it moved. The littlest movement with the mouse and you're across the map!

jakiblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jakiblue on Dec 17, 09 5:30 AM
You start at Jan 1 and have until Dec 31 to finish the level. Each day is 1 second, so you have 365 seconds to finish. That's, what, 6 minutes?

And only ONE builder??

Yeah right.

[Post New]by GamesBuzz on Dec 17, 09 6:13 AM
Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNVqOa2xrJc - Build It Miami Beach Resort Game Video Review!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 17, 09 6:21 AM
I have tested the german version from this game for a several weeks. Its an okay building game, but nothing special like Build a lot. And I personally prefer other tmgames like cooking, baking and farmers. /

[Post New]by Advisor on Dec 17, 09 7:11 AM
scpotamus wrote:Yep, something not right. I couldn't pass the first non-tutorial level. Never was enough money for the time you get. The hint kept saying build more lodgings but I never had enough money. After the goals were met, I had 2 permits left and even if I bought the hotel I couldn't get my people over 130...

Looked fun, but... I also wasn't fond of how it moved. The littlest movement with the mouse and you're across the map!

That's the solution:

Advisor wrote:Here is the solution for 1923:
1x additional hotel sunrise and
1x additional park

msymms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by msymms on Dec 17, 09 7:26 AM
I am glad I am not the only one who could not figure out 1923. If this game relies on very exact solutions to get every level, I will have to pass.

[Post New]by Advisor on Dec 17, 09 7:47 AM
msymms wrote:I am glad I am not the only one who could not figure out 1923. If this game relies on very exact solutions to get every level, I will have to pass.

There will be much more ways to solve the levels after passing 1930.

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Dec 17, 09 8:23 AM
Hello everyone, I noticed that it is very easy to hit the riot mode button instead of the play game button. I am wondering whether those that are having timer issues are actually in riot mode??? I played thru the trial and got upto 1934 before I ran out of time. Most often I finished the levels about mid august, but I did get a few experts.
So I think that if I was to buy this game I should be able to get the expert on most of the levels I have already played. I think it would be worthwhile checking to see if you are playing in normal or riot mode. The button colours highlight and there is a sound when you move between the two buttons. Hope that helps at least some of you.

[Post New]by anastasia888 on Dec 17, 09 8:24 AM
Can't agree with most of the critics cause this game introduces enough twists to convince me. Ok, it's hard if you expect another BAL clone, but there are so many new ways of "building" a city
Anyway, I like the game and now I'm rockin' 1953

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 8:24:30 AM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 17, 09 10:27 AM
I love building games -- Build a Lot and Be Rich, but this one leaves me with a big question mark. I only played 30 minutes and stopped. I'm scratching my head to find something I like about this game, and I'm not coming up with anything, so I will start with what I don't "care much for."

"Me Don't Like So Much," -- Reading through the tutorial (which is a most), was pretty confusing. A lot of instructions just to understand the game. Making your goal, let alone the expert goal, seems to be nearly impossible. Getting building permits, is another story. Reading the overview of the game on another site (not really a walkthrough), indicates that you have to demolish already existing buildings to get building permits. Well the "tutorial" doesn't say anything about that . And how the heck do you upgrade to increase you rent and residency? No instructions on that either. Moving around the game is a pain -- click and drag, use your arrow keys, hover you mouse at the edge of the screen, and last but not least, controlling Claire by visiting the min-map. I'm tired already ready -- You also have a lot happening while building -- repair damaged buildings, change the color of a building, meet certain conditions while building, don't build in a certain place, etc. -- I'm out of breath -- One worker -- Claire -- to perform all these task, I think not!

"Me Kind of Liked" -- Well, this game is different. I just wish that I had a degree in building and construction to keep up with all that needs to be done and where it needs to be done.

"Me Bottomline" -- This is not a TM building game for me. Game does have some potential, but I would send it back to the develops to reduce some of the many task that have to be perform by the one poor worker. It great to have a game with action, but, let the action have purpose and make sense. Not sure that's the case here.

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 10:29:46 AM PST

Lazzarith
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Lazzarith on Dec 17, 09 1:16 PM
So this is today's newest game. So I download it to try it out. Seems my trial time on this game has expired and I haven't even been able to play it. LMAO ok sure ya like I'll go out and buy this one. I think someone has messed up big on this game. I wouldn't even waste my time now on this game if it was free.

mpdsb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mpdsb on Dec 17, 09 1:51 PM
For me, this is a poorly designed game. Although I love building games this one isn't designed to be challenging and FUN. Like many that have posted here, I could not get past the first level after the tutorial - 1923. I demolished and rebuilt with the additional hotel and park - and that was on 12/13. One of the things I dislike the most about this game is that if there is a game action like packing, cleaning or repairing, it has to be done first before building. It cannot be working into a sequence that is more time efficient by placement.

This game definitely needs some reprogramming.

[Post New]by putertroll on Dec 17, 09 1:58 PM
Well I will be passing on buying this game, used the entire trial hour just trying to figure out the first non tutorial level and still didn't get it. I built an extra park and extra hotel, had to do this by demolishing one of my lifeguard stands but the time it takes to save enough money to finish harbor and the amount you needed to complete your goal takes to long to accumulate and ending up taking too long to complete level. I was getting so mad and was thankful when the game just closed out on me.

bugburner
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bugburner on Dec 17, 09 5:55 PM
During the trial I got somewhere into the 1930s, it was fun but im not sure if its interesting enough to buy it. I read the forums first and had none of the other problems. Its besically quiet simple, follow the instructions then see what needs doing to complete the goals and presto finished.....

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Dec 17, 09 6:22 PM
Yes I think I hit the riot button the first time, I started again and made sure just to click on the Play button and had no trouble finishing 1923 and now that is sorted out I'm really enjoying it.

sallie_R
Clownfish
Clownfish
693 Posts

[Post New]by sallie_R on Dec 17, 09 6:59 PM
I am quite enjoying this game. Plenty of faster paced action making it different to other build games, have had no trouble passing the levels ( at 1960 now) and seem to have plenty of time. The only thing I am not liking is the sweeping and packing which you cant schedule and have to be complete to continue playing.

Merry Christmas Everyone

[Post New]by franniedavis on Dec 18, 09 10:16 AM
I, too, cannot get past the tutorials, stuck on first level; I always build exactly what they say but can only get to 150 guests and not 155; I have plenty of money (it seems), but all of the lodging and recreation choices are blacked out and time runs out. I bought this sight unseen because I like all the "Build" games and never have problems. Have tried building an extra hotel or park, but still the same problem.

I've been working on this for several days and am still stuck.

Are there technical glitches in this game, since so many people have the same problem?

Anyone have suggestions? Thanks

Go to: