bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 17, 09 11:05 AM
Hi Fishies,

One of our talented Big Fish Blog Walkthrough writers, Margie B, has just put her expertise to use in a walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

If you need any help while playing this title, please just click on the following link to consult our full walkthrough:

Blog Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition

Happy gaming!

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 11:18:45 AM PST

Re:Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by Webster51 on Jan 7, 10 4:18 PM
I cant pick up the second half of the garden shears...it shows the gloved hand but wont let me pick it up. Any answers why?

dady45
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by dady45 on Jan 9, 10 3:02 PM

You are going to love this SUPER PREMIUM game.
I enjoy having the strategy guide immediately available there.
Gameplay is very good, Poe's tale, Graphics are Top-beautiful, plot plausible, objects are not tiny and you can actually find them!
Mini games are good, not too hard .
Love it! Enjoy!

[Post New]by feistyrdhead on Jan 10, 10 9:04 AM
You don't pick up the other half of the shears, you put the half the you already found on the half that's on the ground. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by gold111z on Jan 11, 10 5:30 PM
I am in the Rue Morgue. I have the pipette, tweezers and ball bearing. I think I've explored all the rooms. There are a number of items left to open/handle like the ladder and carpet but nothing I've tried works. Help!!!!!

thanks

[Post New]by rcw245 on Jan 16, 10 4:45 PM
I can't even see the game. All I get is a white screen and the music and lightning strikes sound.

[Post New]by kjdlaw on Jan 17, 10 12:39 PM
I made it to the extra section, which I solved, and it tells me I need the strategy guide to unlock additional extras. Is it worth it?

[Post New]by jpoo874 on Jan 19, 10 5:53 PM
gold111z wrote:I am in the Rue Morgue. I have the pipette, tweezers and ball bearing. I think I've explored all the rooms. There are a number of items left to open/handle like the ladder and carpet but nothing I've tried works. Help!!!!!

thanks

im at the same exact spot in the game, w/ the same items and so on, we you able to get an answer or figure out what to do yet? thanks

[Post New]by kflannery on Jan 20, 10 2:36 PM
where is the scapel to cut the rug..once you cut it and get the glove you can get the ladder...but I can't find the scapel..help

[Post New]by gimini on Jan 22, 10 1:16 PM
jpoo874 wrote:
gold111z wrote:I am in the Rue Morgue. I have the pipette, tweezers and ball bearing. I think I've explored all the rooms. There are a number of items left to open/handle like the ladder and carpet but nothing I've tried works. Help!!!!!

thanks

im at the same exact spot in the game, w/ the same items and so on, we you able to get an answer or figure out what to do yet? thanks

i'm stuck at the same place myself i need help it is getting me very arrevated

Edited on 01/22/2010 at 1:18:26 PM PST

[Post New]by cmelloh on Jan 24, 10 3:02 PM
Webster51 wrote:I cant pick up the second half of the garden shears...it shows the gloved hand but wont let me pick it up. Any answers why?

[Post New]by cmelloh on Jan 24, 10 3:03 PM
Webster51 wrote:I cant pick up the second half of the garden shears...it shows the gloved hand but wont let me pick it up. Any answers why?

You must add the first half of the garden shears to the second half and then pick up the whole shear.

[Post New]by robchook on Jan 31, 10 9:40 PM

thanks

[Post New]by simonsays38 on Feb 3, 10 2:43 PM
I'm in the bonus section and am stuck with the ink pot. I have got a magnet and cloth, what do I do???? Can someone help please?

[Post New]by ygrovey on Mar 4, 10 11:03 PM
I am stuck on the pipette, tweezers and whatever that glider ball is, help please!!!

[Post New]by mabeck100 on Mar 7, 10 1:38 PM
I am on the docks and can't get the wrench to work on the nut on the grating to get the monkey picture. What do I do?

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Jun 2, 10 10:02 AM
The Pipette and tweezers are to be used on the stairs. You should use the pipette on a spot on the banister and the tweezers pick up something you'll find on the stairs themselves. The ball bearing is to be used on a door in the Rue Morgue. It's on the first floor to the right, where you'll find/have found a ladder. Hope this helps.

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Jun 2, 10 10:03 AM
The magnet and the cloth should work with the ink pot. Click on the ink pot with the magnet...it should pull something out. Then the rag will help clean it off.

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Jun 2, 10 10:05 AM
I'm not sure why the wrench isn't working on the grating, unless you're mistaking the pliers for a wrench. The pliers are to be used in the hold of the ship, and you'll pick up an actual wrench later.

[Post New]by hifalutin on Jun 15, 10 1:31 PM
I am in The Rue Morgue as well. When i go to put the two ball bearings on the door handle lock, they will not go onto it, no matter where I try to put them! What am I doing wrong?? Please Help! Making me nuts.

Go to: