I AM SAD

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

I AM SAD

[Post New]by crusader50 on Mar 10, 16 11:38 AM
First off this post is not meant to provoke, threaten harass or otherwise bug anyone, just need to say something from my heart.

As I have really tried to play the game the last few days I just can't seem to get into anymore. Gone are the days when I could hardly wait to play first thing in the morning and way into the evenings. Used to get annoyed when I had to run errands or do other stuff. Now I can honestly say I would rather run errands, do laundry or anything else.

I loved receiving items when I did an HOS, now it is mostly shards and coins. I loved gifting friends items, sometimes even giving valuable Immortal Treasures or Polestars knowing I would get one back soon. Now I can't even gift hardly anything as there is nothing in my inventory.

The laughs I would get from reading the posts is gone as everyone is scared now to post for fear of who they might offend and create a World War III. Every time I post I agonize about my selection of words wondering if it will be taken the wrong way. There is no more spontaneity of just saying what's on your mind.

I truly hope I can stay with the game long enough to see the Spring event happen because right now I just want to throw in the towel and go sailing off.

Humbly,
Cindy aka crusader warrior

Re:I AM SAD

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 10, 16 11:44 AM
Gee Cindy, so sad but so true. I agonize over every word myself and most of the time it's so tiring, I just don't post.

Remember when we shared our addiction was so bad laundry was overflowing, couldn't fit another dish in the dishwasher, pets begging to be fed, forgot how to run the vacuum, fixing dinner and running between the kitchen and the computer trying to get one more quest done and, my favorite, finally realizing I would literally starve to death if I didn't go to the store and buy food.

Yep, those days are gone for sure. I almost forgot to even open the game up one day...did washing and ironing instead. I really must be .

I suppose this is the new normal.

vicki0516
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by vicki0516 on Mar 10, 16 11:56 AM
I agree with both of you and I have decided not to worry about it anymore. I still have the 3 other games I can play and I am getting a lot more time to do my housework and most important spend time with hubby.
God Bless
Vicki

gertie0513
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by gertie0513 on Mar 10, 16 12:27 PM
Hi Cindy, Sad but true with me also. Seems like stamps and airship items are the things being gifted now. One less choice to make. Though I prefer making my own choices. How are people gifting other items? Maybe inventory from feeder games or from their game before update. I am glad I waited to update. SOOOOO now I am playing less and waiting for spring.
Gertie

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Mar 10, 16 1:10 PM
Hi Cindy and all above who have posted, totally agree, sad but true.

Posts on here use to be so so funny at times, I would be almost choking on my porridge in the mornings, or nearly coating my monitor screen .

Hopefully Happy Days are just around the corner.

Thanks again for the post, Cindy.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 10, 16 1:53 PM
I find that I also no longer WANT to play. The disappointment is too great. Sadly I am moving away from the castle. I may go back now and then, check out the spring event, but no more all-day play for me!

aaaaa888
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aaaaa888 on Mar 10, 16 3:23 PM
I thought I was the only one. I miss the encouragement that I'd see on this board. I wish I'd been more "vocal" in thanking those whose posts helped me through so many tough levels. I miss the posts that would make me laugh so loud my husband could hear me over his TV. I miss the joy of needing just one more item to complete a quest and finding a friend had sent it to me and the corresponding happy jolt when I had a scarce item that they needed. I miss that little boost to my ego when I finally completed a new level.

Midnight Castle was always full of frustration, time consuming, frequently repetitious and often it stretched my budget. But the game and this forum made all that seem fun and worthwhile.

Here's hoping the game and the forum get back to normal and that this isn't the new normal.

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 3:23:49 PM PST

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Mar 10, 16 3:51 PM
I agree with all of you and am feeling the same way about the forum. A couple of years ago I posted a message complaining about the game and was told by other members that I shouldn't be negative and then there was the "Why I'm Happy" thread". I understand that some people are okay with the game no matter changes are made and that is okay and fine by me, but I feel if we aren't that happy with the way the game is we should be able to gripe and complain to each other about it. I ended up staying off the forum for a very long time.

I have noticed that a few of the people from back then are gone. They were awesome people who shared their knowledge freely and would post really clever and mostly funny complaints and I found them entertaining. I am hopeful that they have just quit the game out of frustration or found other things to do and that they were not shut out or asked to leave.

Here's hoping we can all respect each others opinions and be able to voice them freely.

Boo

[Post New]by lilredhood on Mar 10, 16 6:24 PM
I can understand all the people who are sad with the game yet I don't. I am on level 59. just made that today. I am still enjoying playing the game. perhaps it is because I still have levels to play and have not reached the end where i have to wait for new content.

my tune might change when i reach that point. I like it when the events come but to me they are taking away from me completing the game. It is nice to get all of the new pets when they come around and they help me get the money that i need right now to advance. whether i get inventory items, money or shards makes no difference to me as when i have played i have never gotten an over abundance of the more common items. i only get those when i have needed them for a quest. the game has not changed for me.

I have more cannonballs than i know what to do with and more heaviness of sins than i can count. i don't know if they have any use. personally i am glad that i don't get those when i play the shard and coins from those two scenes are more welcome.

The game may not be what it once was but like all things it evolves and may not evolve the way that we want it to. I still find the game fun and still like to play it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 10, 16 7:00 PM
With the new content, my interest in the game has really picked up and I was just thinking how much fun I was having again...and then the game froze up. Spent a lot of coin opening up new zoom zones, as well as used a lot of inventory, so I left it open, hoping it would 'right itself'...sure hate to lose all that progress. I was so bored with the same ole, and I also miss getting inventory items from every hos, but at least the new content is interesting. As for the fun in the forum, I do hope we can get some of that back, as I always read everything, even if I don't post often.

eta: ETA: WhooHoo...went back and everything was frozen, had to CAD out, but when I logged back on, and re-opened the game, it was right where I left it...everything was saved, and I am grateful!

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 7:40:24 PM PST

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 10, 16 7:47 PM
Cindy

I agree with everything you have said. I too am sad. It is like losing a close friend.
I feel like I am in mourning for what had been, both with the game and the forum.
I don't feel like I can write anything anymore. I can't even write more than this.
For those who are having fun, I am happy for you. I am not able to find that happiness here anymore.

Sad Sadie

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Mar 11, 16 1:57 AM
Must admit I was quite down in the dumps with all the changes but lately I have started enjoying myself again. I am on level 61 in one game and am just building my coins up - I had to find 10,000 to open a zz up so decided to just carry on. Also I am finding that items are dropping reasonably well.

ladyjake
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ladyjake on Mar 11, 16 1:58 AM
I'm so sorry you all seem to be going through a bad patch. I went through this last summer. I would go into a scene and feel sick thinking if I never saw it again I could be quite happy. There was even a couple of weeks that I just stayed away entirely. I didn't tell any one anything. Just stopped. I didn't even gift. Then I started playing again but only for short periods. I started gifting again. Then the fall event started and I started having fun again. Not the obsessive kind but a definite enjoyment. I started playing other games besides just this one. Now I'm playing every day again but only for long periods once in a while. I check in a few times a day, play for an hour, send out gifts, do a daily challenge. I feel more balanced. My advice is cut back.
If you can't stand more than five minutes then just play five minutes. I regret stopping and not letting anyone know what I was feeling. I lost friends that way. Just stop in for gifting if that' all you feel you can do. It will get better. You'll begin to feel like it again, more in control. Hope this helps.

From that wise olde cat,
Ladyjake / Helen

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Mar 11, 16 3:03 AM
i am sad too i feel like Hoggle (in Labrynth) I want my jewels and other sparkly bits back. I used to look forward to those glittery items falling each time and i cant get as excited about a shard or coins sorry to say. and i agree the gifting is no fun anymore.
I feel guilty now when I get a gift and go to return it to be met with a wall of items i no longer have.and i refuse to have a grumble about wether or not people should change their lists. that is for them to decide it just makes me sad

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 11, 16 5:08 AM
I'm one of the ones who had no problems with the changes. I've maxed out waiting for the kindle update. I do the side quests, and just leave the people who want items I don't have open. I've gotten multiple items to gift every day from the side quests. And when the update gets here we can buy gifts with coins, which I now have a lot of.

So I'm happy with the game. My suggestion to anyone who is sad with it is to maybe take a break, and then just try it this way. What I'm discovering is that the old inventory doesn't matter that much if you are willing to play the extra rounds and the new zz inventory is doing interesting things in the quests. Yes, the game is different if you had lots of inventory, but it is the same game.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 11, 16 6:45 AM
I am sad over the Sad-ness posts in the forums...but I can't say I am sad about the game at all. Adaptation and creativity have enabled me to continue to gift, continue to level and continue to enjoy the Castle as one of my major stress relief destinations. If you've played a very long time, a break is a good thing to avoid burn out...no matter what games you play, after a few years of any game people will burn out at times...more so if you play hours on end each day.

I hope that those that are unhappy about the game will come back during the spring event and have a renewed joy in the game that they have loved playing for so long.

As to the forums being a downer and not so much fun lately...remember that any social gathering be it a party or a meeting or a forum is only as enjoyable as the participants make it. In other words, if you want it to be fun again then don't wait around for someone else to bring that fun, make it happen!

Linn - level 61 of the journey

[Post New]by Unfriended on Mar 11, 16 7:40 AM
Wow - Thanks for ups and downs. No really... I just finished reading all your posts and I agree with all of youz guyz. It was fun! I did read a lot of post and wrote a few... now it's mostly read. I don't want to add more to the sadness we are all feeling. It's strange how we connect to strangers.... people we play games on computers with.... you just become friends.
Now, I am very saddened with the update - since windows 10 crept in I have gone from Level 59 to Entry level The Castle - yep all the way back to the beginning. Currently I'm at level 15-just made it this morning. There have been so many changes as far as friends go. But I've learned something during this past waiting for the new update (fix for 10) period.... DUH, it took me a while but I found that my id changed with each fix issue.... hence, I have a total of 6 ids., same play name but id changes. Maybe that is why the gift receiving changed. I was gifting but not receiving. ... Unless I added a new friend. Then it became harder and harder to gift because items where not coming forth as before. Now we get shards, stamps, more shipping items, less bag pet food. That hurts. You change your pet to try and save up on what your getting short on, but it doesn't come. What's the deal - it's all canned food. I don't have a pet that needs canned food. At least not at the level I am now.
I was frustrated too. No I am frustrated too. That was a really a difficult time. I'm on a ranch and TV is the pits. You work outside a few hours then dash inside to play MC and get all revved up, peal yourself away and go back outside to work up a sweat, and run back inside to cool down and search for more thrills, treasures, quests, and well you know what I mean.
Now beginning again is BOOOORRRRIIIIING. I'm getting nowhere fast. To coin a phrase from BB King "The Thrill Is GONE"! Ah, the days of level 59. Alas, I've been hurled to the job of MC Errand Boy/Girl. Now you can't seem to find treasures to save for the future. It seems you get a token prize for a character on an AS NEEDED BASIS.
I feel the same pain and sadness that you all do. And I too keep coming back hoping things will go back, somewhat, to the way things use to be, and of course breathlessly awaiting SPRING! Here on the ranch and the season.
Need a friend? I'll try to do my best.
Player name - Esperanza / id # 553165
Heart throbs and sighs to all.

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Mar 11, 16 7:46 AM
I might add that I am at the end level 71. Haven't played since the January update, played for 3 days with the latest update and now am not playing again.
I can tell you I truly have a more enjoyable life when I don't play.

Again this is only my humble opinion and not meant to aggravate or not play by the rules.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 11, 16 8:33 AM
Unfriended, it sounds like you need technical support - you should not have to keep restarting a new game...there are many posts about having your game restored and how to go about requesting this. If I had to keep starting over I think I would just give up.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 11, 16 10:08 AM
I'm sad for the people who are sad about the game. I truly understand how awful you feel, although I still don't understand why. Yes, yes I know that some inventory could be sold for as much as 30 coins, but instead of that, the daily quests and the blue quests will load you up with zz items that can be worth as much as 225 coins. But you won't find that out if you won't play.

And at the lower levels you don't need to do endless rounds, or sell off the farm to level up. Instead the game is more balanced. If you do extra HOS, it is mostly because you don't want to stop playing.

One more thing. ALL of us are not unhappy with the current game. A lot of us don't care either way. Some of us recognized that the game was unbalanced and this was another attempt to balance it. And some of us like it this way. Just because the majority hasn't been vocal recently doesn't mean we aren't the majority.

I've been posting, but several people on this thread have been afraid to. I only got attacked once, and other people on the thread supported me. I can understand trying to stay away from flamewars. I've been online since 1992, so I've seen a lot of them.

Go to: