tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Suggestions for those with game crashing issues...

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 10, 16 12:01 PM
I am not sure if this will help figure out the crashing but it may help. I use Windows 7 and I have used the event viewer to fix errors withing Windows itself. If you use the event viewer after the crash, it may help down the issue. To access the event viewer in Windows 7.
1. Click Start
2. Control Panel
3. Performance Information and Tools
4. Advanced Tools
5. View performance details in Event log
6. Look for Windows Logs, then Application
7. Scroll through the events and look for Midnight Castle (.exe)
8. Type application event id and the number after the event id windows 7 into a Google search engine or your current one.

I don't use Windows 8 / 8.1 so the directions might be different from 7. Also don't use Windows 10 as there are too many known issues with running older games and some current. But there are alot of resources on the web that will help with walking through to get to the event viewer in the different versions of Windows.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Suggestions for those with game crashing issues...

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 10, 16 12:26 PM
Check to see if your antivirus isn't sandboxing the game. I had issues with some games not saving after files being sandboxed. I stopped using that antivirus and haven't had any issues. Also I turned off Windows Defender since it can slow down computer performance and conflict with antivirus software.

What is a sandbox on a computer?
Sandbox mode is an environment in Access that helps you ensure that potentially dangerous commands available in Access can't be used to harm your computer. For an additional layer of safety while working in Access, you can run the program in sandbox mode.

What does it mean to run a program in sandbox?
In computer security, a sandbox is a security mechanism for separating running programs. It is often used to execute untested code, or untrusted programs from unverified third parties, suppliers, untrusted users and untrusted websites.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Suggestions for those with game crashing issues...

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 10, 16 2:30 PM
Hi tazruby2000,

Thanks for taking the time to post here and for trying to help other players out. While some players have been successful with adjusting or turning off security settings, we don't recommend making those changes permanent as that may leave your system vulnerable.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread since it's regarding a technical issue, but do know that any other tech issues can be posted in the corresponding thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

Do rest assured that the Midnight Castle team is working on a fix that should eliminate this issue without having to make these type of adjustments to your security settings. The Forum Moderation team will be sure to post any updates in this forum as soon as we have any new information.

Thanks again,

bfgWaimea

Go to: