Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

achievements

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 10, 16 8:09 PM
some of the achievements are confusing, anyone have a solution?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:achievements

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 10, 16 10:33 PM
Most of them are game-play achievements (as far as I've progressed) they just have fun titles. So you should earn them as you go along. That's been my experience so far anyway.

[Post New]by kcgirl_01 on Mar 11, 16 3:16 PM
I am having the same problem with a few of the achievements, however, I agree that most of them are accomplished in normal gameplay. That being said, I am having the most trouble getting the Pointless Bravado achievement. The only sleeping guard I found was the one you give the teddy bear to for a pillow. I did that, but I still didn't get the achievement. Am I missing something? Please help, as this is my 3rd time through the game. This is a really great game, but some of the achievements and the lions heads are very frustrating. Thanks everyone!!

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Mar 11, 16 3:34 PM
Hello kcgirl. You have to hit the guard with the spiked club in your inventory to get it. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by kcgirl_01 on Mar 11, 16 4:32 PM
Hello Stasibug, Thanks for your help - yeah it worked!! I really appreciate your help with this. Happy gaming everyone.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 11, 16 7:28 PM
stasibug wrote:Hello kcgirl. You have to hit the guard with the spiked club in your inventory to get it. Hope this helps.

Yikes I am now at the knife throwers area, not sure I can get back to the guardroom, does this mean I have to replay the game to get that achievement?
Also missing Door to Door, I thought I checked all the doors
Sunday Burglar, the only door mat I saw was in the Woman's Wagon, and no key
Chronos, no clue how to get this one, got all the lion's heads and opened the box with the family crest on it, but no achievement.

thanks in advance for any hints, guess I will have to replay the game for the third time.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 8:48:01 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 11, 16 10:11 PM
Yes, I was incorrect initially! Stuck on Sunday Burglar and Chronos as well...looks like I'm starting over!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 15, 16 6:22 AM
The key one is really strange. I kept thinking it was the one I knocked off of some window sill. I kept looking around the court yard for it. Solution below. Spoiler

you have to find the key and then put it under the mat in front of the woman's wagon yourself. You then retrieve it. Told you it was strange.

Edited on 03/15/2016 at 6:25:15 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 15, 16 8:37 PM
Thank you nwl43.....I doubt I would ever have come across that solution to the key myself.
I mean it makes me feel....

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Mar 18, 16 1:49 PM
To achieve the Chronos Achievement

click/tap the hourglass on the desk in the throne room before you smash it to get the golden sand This will turn the hourglass over and "turn back time" which is the requirement for the achievement.

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Mar 18, 16 1:58 PM
To achieve the Interrogator Achievement

you have to talk with each character found quite a lot, after doing some actions etc. because sometimes they give you additional information you haven't seen before. Such additional dialogs are especiall in situations when playing as Loren and then Nathaniel you speak with the prisoner (spoiler) and treasurer.

They very often respond to what has changed after your actions (either you did something, found something, broke something etc.)

To be more specific you need to have 8 or more of those 'marked as special' dialogues triggered. There a quite some of them some are below:

One is between Loreen and Jester after he gives us the task of returning him his cap, if you come back to him without a cap a dialogue will run about a ritual.

Another one is between Loreen and Jester after prince dissapearing behind a wall (niche with sink) he explains where Nathaniel has been moved

Another one is between.... Loren and Jester after opening the door, Loreen can talk to him again asking if hes sure he doesn't want to come along with us. He will explain in more depth why

There are a couple of dialogues with Jester and Nathaniel, after releasing from the Cell before we give him his cap back and one after giving the cap back.

Another is in Magicians Wagon between Magician and Nathaniel at the end of the game, we can learn more about the relationship between Roxana and Diego the Knife Thrower.

You can ask more from the Mage about the ritual and what are we supposed to do now

Bob has at least 3 additional dialogues that can be triggered at particular moments if we talk with him after doing something

After gaining trust of Diego we cant talk to him both as Nathaniel and Loreen to get more details about Roxanna and the castle

This achievement which will only happen at the end of the game when you talk to the guy that helps you out there so if you got enough information you will earn this achievement and you will also know when you are almost done.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 19, 16 4:49 PM
bestmommat wrote:To achieve the Chronos Achievement

click/tap the hourglass on the desk in the throne room before you smash it to get the golden sand This will turn the hourglass over and "turn back time" which is the requirement for the achievement.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 19, 16 4:50 PM
bestmommat wrote:To achieve the Chronos Achievement

thanks so much, I am on my third time playing the game and this one had me totally baffled!

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 19, 16 5:06 PM
stasibug wrote:Hello kcgirl. You have to hit the guard with the spiked club in your inventory to get it. Hope this helps.

do you have to hit before you give him the teddy bear?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 22, 16 6:57 AM
Immadnow wrote:

Highlight the white area below to see the answer to your question:
Spoiler Yes, you have to hit him before the Teddy bear or else your club will disappear....but, you just might get a surprise if you hit him.

Hope you see this and don't have to replay the game for the achievement.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Mar 22, 16 1:02 PM
tookat wrote:
Immadnow wrote:

Highlight the white area below to see the answer to your question:
Spoiler Yes, you have to hit him before the Teddy bear or else your club will disappear....but, you just might get a surprise if you hit him.

Hope you see this and don't have to replay the game for the achievement.

Thanks, unfortunately, I already gave the bear to the guard so I guess I will have to replay the game. It's a good thing the game is fun, this will be my fourth time through.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:achievements Interrogator Achievement

[Post New]by Zork1 on May 13, 16 3:55 PM
ok - I've talked to everyone I could multiple times and I can't get this achievement. Sigh. The prisoner quits talking after he gets his hat and won't leave the dungeon, Bob said to come back later and talk about the weather (I didn't do that - Loraine went instead of Nathaniel) . The knife thrower ran out of things to say and the wizard just talks, he doesn't respond well to questions. HELP.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:interrogation achievement

[Post New]by Zork1 on May 16, 16 6:26 PM
Has anyone gotten this achievement?

Go to: