deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

What Kind of Glitch is This?

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 11, 16 9:01 PM
I played the tournament on my secondary game....it could use some avatars. I think I placed well enough that I had no problem waiting the cooldown for a free second play...so I go to re-enter and when I get to the 5doors to the HOSs....the first 4 doors are closed, there is a score already and 8 spin tokens are credited...only the final door available for playing. Which I didn't do....I left the tourney area, re-entered....still the same thing.....so I decided to just forget the rest of this session and see how my first play score holds up.

So...anyone else have this happen? Should I report it somewhere or just sccept that things can be wonky sometimes?

Re:What Kind of Glitch is This?

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Mar 11, 16 10:29 PM
Hi !! , If it were me, I would report it because there are still problems with this up date and this seems like one of them .

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 11, 16 11:31 PM
I actually got kicked out of the tournament. When I went back into the game, it took me right back to inside the tournament, but the HOS I was kicked out of was closed, and those chips and score lost. I was able to enter the other two doors I had left, for what it was worth (not much, because my score was for only four HOS and four rooms of chips instead of five.) When I got kicked out, it said "Midnight Castle.exe has stopped working". It happened again about ten minutes later...same message. "Midnight Castle.exe has stopped working". So, I performed computer maintenance, followed the instructions from BFG for game crash, and then re-entered the game and got kicked out again, same message. I checked all my other BF FTPs and they are working just fine. Only reason I can think of that the Midnight Castle. exe would stop working is last night's update. Everything was fine before then. I think something went really haywire with yesterday's update.

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 12, 16 5:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback Arizona and NoFishToday....iI guess glitchy will be the flavor of the day..or week....

I'm thinking BFG tech support is probably underwater with handling the update issues. I'll make a post in the tech issue thread here in forums....

Try to have fun in the Castle

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 12, 16 11:59 AM
deeziner wrote:Thanks for the feedback Arizona and NoFishToday....iI guess glitchy will be the flavor of the day..or week....

I'm thinking BFG tech support is probably underwater with handling the update issues. I'll make a post in the tech issue thread here in forums....

I have sent a Dr. Felix report. I have identified the problem though. I cannot download or even play the game with my anti-virus or firewall enabled. Downloading without it is bad enough, but playing without it? Can't do that!!

vicki0516
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by vicki0516 on Mar 12, 16 3:57 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
deeziner wrote:Thanks for the feedback Arizona and NoFishToday....iI guess glitchy will be the flavor of the day..or week....

I have sent a Dr. Felix report. I have identified the problem though. I cannot download or even play the game with my anti-virus or firewall enabled. Downloading without it is bad enough, but playing without it? Can't do that!!

I agree with you, I guess I won't be playing this game until BF comes up with a fix. I haven't been able to download it at all and I WON"T disable my anti-virus or firewall. I am able to play other BF games and before this last update was able to play Midnight Castle too (one of my favorite) so don't understand the whole thing.
Hopefully they will come up with a fix soon, they are probable over welmed right now.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 13, 16 8:40 PM
Might I suggest... if you are having these problems, you might want to let BFG know. They don't read every thread and if it isn't reported... they won't know... and it won't get fixed or looked into. Just a Suggestion....

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 14, 16 8:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry that players are experiencing issues with their Midnight Castle game. I want to clarify that while the games from our site are guaranteed to be 100% safe and virus-free. Disabling antivirus programs may leave systems vulnerable to potential threats from other avenues and isn't recommended. The Midnight Castle team encourages players to update their Midnight Castle game on the PC platform. The latest update contains resolutions to the issues that have been presented in the forums regarding players not being able to play and download the game without the use of workarounds such as disabling antivirus programs. For more information, see the following announcement:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - March 10, 2016

For players that are still experiencing issues with the update or with tournaments, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with details of the incident as well as a Dr. Felix Report. Just in case, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Since this is a technical issue, moving forward we ask that they be placed in the Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only! thread. By posting in that thread it helps the Moderation Team identify the trends in which players are experiencing so we can bring it to the attention of the appropriate teams. Thank you for your understanding as I will go ahead and lock this thread. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: