Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 12, 16 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 5:55:39 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 12, 16 4:12 AM
Oooo I just beta tested this & even though the storyline is not new, the gameplay and hidden object scenes felt innovative. The graphics were incredibly lifelike and the Minotaur looked eerily real. I can't say what has changed in this version vs the beta because I have no way of downloading it right now but I can say based on the beta, I really liked this game and I have been quite bored with the games offered lately. Normally I wouldn't "review" this based on the beta but the forum is empty so for those of you who read these reviews, I just wanted to tell you that this game is worth a download.

The developer is sunward games. I have beta'd games from them before & their games are very original. This is the developer of "The Secret Order" series but this beta didn't feel anything like those games. The only issue I had with the beta was that it lagged a bit but hopefully they fixed all the bugs & that could have just been my computer as my hard drive is quite full. Hope this helps somebody

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 4:13:55 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 12, 16 5:02 AM
A nice change from the dull CE's offered of late and I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so this was always going to be a game I'd probably like as long as it wasn't awful. And thank goodness, it was actually really enjoyable!

Nice bright graphics, although perhaps a touch grainy but very rich and colourful. The voices appeared to be mainly English, which makes a refreshing change. The story is a little different from the usual 'save a loved one from the clutches of an evil, red-eyed madman in a cloak' scenario (although there are men in cloaks); as a descendant of Ariadne, you have to defeat a Minotaur and it takes the entire demo before you even get to the island where it lives, so I'm hoping for a long-ish game.

The HOS are varied; lists, silhouettes etc. and all very interactive. Some really nice twists to familiar puzzles; I finished all of them in the demo and thoroughly enjoyed myself! The picture puzzles were quite challenging without a quick peek at the SG, where I noted 5 chapters for the main game and 2 bonus chapters but didn't check out the extras. Lots of collectibles; butterflies, dragonflies, morphing water lilies and hyacinths (I love hyacinths). The game is customisable and the map transports.

The two downsides for me were; the game played at a very languid pace. I felt like I wanted everyone to hurry up and get on with it; even the inventory drifts up and down very slowly (I eventually locked it!). And secondly the pronunciations; in the TV series 'Atlantis', his wife referred to the king as 'My-nos', Pasiphae was pronounced 'pacify' and Jason was sent to slay the 'Mine-o-taur'. Assuming they did their research, hearing these names pronounced in this game incorrectly (to me anyway) really grated

Otherwise I really liked this trial, which for me lasted 66 minutes. 'Buy one, get one cheaper' weekend is not a sale that tempts me, since there's rarely two CE's I want to buy. I'll wait for a better deal on a single game and when it comes, I'll be buying this game

No technical issues on a 9 year old desktop running Win7 Pro 64-bit.

Edited on 03/13/2016 at 7:01:35 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 12, 16 5:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 12, 16 9:04 AM
Exquisite graphics with great colors, game moves without any lag on my OS using Windows 10 and no grainy scenes on a 27" monitor, not fully familiar with the Greek mythology so I can't comment on the correctness of the story line but it's different from our usual fare so I'm intrigued. Personally this is a big step up for Sunward. I have the Secret Order series so I can say I'm enjoying this one a whole lot more. Great job! Kudos to your designers.

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 9:05:12 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 12, 16 12:18 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job than I. That said, I do have to say that I love myths and legend type games and stories from any culture, e.g., Greek, Roman, Chinese...we all have them. I find it hard to believe that people have never heard of a Minotauer. We learned about this in middle school history. When I first beta tested this one, I wasn't kicked out about it, but a second go at it has changed my mind a bit. The graphics are very well done, with excellent animation and facial movements. Voice overs were age and character appropriate and showed emotion. Our heroine was a little boring, but okay. The colors are very clear and nice. Game play was good, but some movements seemed a little slow, e.g., picking up or using an item. Music was nice and soothing, but then, I just use it for background noise. I didn't really hear a lot of sound FX, but what there was, was pretty well done.

HOPs are interactive lists and silhouettes. The scenes are fairly clear and items are not that difficult to find. I did not see where you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. These were okay, but not exciting and just seemed to all be the same. Puzzles were extremely simple, absolutely no challenge and nothing new. Jump map was well marked with areas of interest and identified by area name. Hint system is helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. Fortunately, in this game, you don't do a lot of back-tracking. SG is the standard and is useful if you need a little help figuring out your next move. This game flowed pretty well, so you probably won't need to use the SG.

There are a lot of varied collectibles in this game, which I love...the more the better for me. You find dragonflies, night butterflies that look like large moths to me, butterflies, and fireflies. You also have morphing flowers, water lilies and hyacinths. The only time you can collect a flower is during the morph when it has bloomed out. None of these collectibles are difficult to find, but you do have to look for a few of the bugs. So far, I have found only one collectible in each scene. Somewhere along the line, you find crystals to add to a "thread" that allows you certain powers to complete or obtain an objective. There are only 3 and I found only one during the demo.

This is one of those games that you play on a lazy, dreary day when you have nothing better to do. I like this type of game now and then. Personally, I feel this is more a beginner game than one for a seasoned gamer, but I did like it. It is not a challenging game, but I think the numerous different collectibles sort of did it for me, and I like the story line. It's more fun to not have to look for the same old boring object in every scene and the change up between morphing and not was done very well. If you like, or know anything about Greek Mythology, you will probably like this game. I like it well enough to add it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 12, 16 1:52 PM
It lost me at the "when the planets align" nonsense. Even some of the ancient Greeks knew that Earth orbits the Sun and not the other way around.

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Mar 12, 16 3:19 PM
Just finished the main game. Have yet to do the bonus.

This game is definitely aimed at beginners and possibly younger family members. I finished the main game in about 4 hours. In all honesty I grew bored as I have played this type of game many times before. Cookie cutter (sigh!). There were so many sliding tiles and getting pictures and tiles in the right order. Oh well, never mind, on the next game.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 12, 16 3:32 PM
During the early part of the demo, set in Paris about half-way through the building of the Eiffel Tower, placing the story somewhere between 1887 and 1889, nonetheless we find an electric ceiling fan with a light in its middle, apparently electric wall sconces, a radio in a HOP (maybe from the 1930's or '40's) and a lighter used to light something, generally enough to make me flee the game, plus a pretty silly storyline, but I actually enjoyed the demo. Minotaur was pronounced in American English which was o.k. with me, being from the U.S., although someone pronounced it like min-o-tore, and Minos isn't pronounced correctly by anyone, nor is Pasiphae, why doesn't someone let the voice actors know how to pronounce words so there's some consistency, I have no idea -- but I still liked the game -- colors were great, I liked the collectibles, and while I skipped 2 mini-games, that's just me being dyslexic, the rest of the demo was pretty straightforward. The languid inventory was annoying, definitely, that should have been fixed, and soul-stealing, well, hmmm. However, given the sale this weekend, I will probably get this. I really liked those colors, and it'll be interesting to see what, if anything they do with the additional abilities given to the chosen one. Even with the silly story-line, the rest of it kept me interested.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Mar 13, 16 11:19 AM
This game is boring and not much fun. I didn't like the puzzles and the sound was awful. Definitely not for me.

lbtgam222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lbtgam222 on Mar 14, 16 9:37 PM
I just love it. It is kind of simple, but challenging at the same time.

I give it a four star, because the bonus content is not really interesting. No going back for the collectables or any extra fun.

Solid graphics, solid voice overs and a decent enough story makes this a really good game for me.

Good job developers, looking forward to more!

Thank you! I really enjoyed it!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Mar 16, 16 2:27 PM
ADORABLE. Nice, not-too-mentally-draining, pure fun. The difference between a purchase and just a demo for me is the clear interest and enjoyment the developers have making the game, maybe as much as my playing it.

If one is looking for a little escapism that doesn't require a lot of using your noggin, is good to look at and pretty lively, this one will do nicely! (No, I don't like using my noggin a whole lot, too lazy).

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Mar 21, 16 7:57 PM
This game was great fun. Beautiful graphics, fun mini games. I can't say anything bad about it. Held my interest. I don't see how anyone could be bored with it!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 16, 16 12:48 AM
I agree with most of the positive reviews and mostly enjoyed this game as it was not a grey-matter worker but still kind of an easy going game. An out and out fun game

The colors were appreciated and the collectibles' locations were shown in the guide.

4 out of 5 for the somewhat different minis, pretty good hidden object scenes and the extra care that appears the developers went to , to give us a good game

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Apr 25, 16 1:25 PM
I liked this game; mythology has always been a favorite of mine. They do mix it up a bit (see my other posting re:Thor). The graphics are good, the storyline fun, and the mini-games were very easy. Got this on a deal, so it was worth it.

Did not care for most of the voiceovers.

The ending was much too abrupt, but for a quick easy time-waster this was pretty good.

CelticCoco

Go to: