Game manager problem

[Post New]by Ralphie82 on Dec 18, 09 6:02 AM
If anyone can help me, fine. I am at the point of just wanting a refund and calling it quits. I recently bought two games from the website; Build-A-Lot and Build-A-Lot 2. Upon clicking the link to download the games the game manager downloads and installs on my computer. I download the first BAL and the game manager status for the game says 'saving file' and that's it. It won't move any further than that. The manager isn't frozen because the 'My Progress' tab shows the arrow icon still animated. It does the same thing for BAL2. The manager will not save and install either of the games. I have tried every suggestion I found on the website and none of them works for me. Uninstalling the manager and reinstalling the manager, adjusting my antivirus and firewall, my computer is updated on everything (I proactively make sure of this), DirectX is updated, and graphics card driver and every other driver on my computer is updated. I have downloaded both games several times each and come to the same conclusion. Vista Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core Duo P7550 2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce 130M GT, Big Fish Game manager version 1.4.0.11

Re:Game manager problem

[Post New]by hollymamba on Dec 18, 09 6:15 AM
I have many games and I've had problems with a couple. One of them being Build a lot. Call them and they are usually very good with helping out with the problem. I don't understand how it all works. I had a game for over a month and it just stopped working. They couldn't fix it, so they gave me a credit for another game.
Good Luck.

nobodyz
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nobodyz on Feb 7, 10 5:44 PM
I had a problem, not the same as yours, with my Game Manager. I called them, and they walked me through...basically, reinstalling the Game Manager. That did the trick. If you haven't received help yet, and haven't tried this yet, I'd suggest you start with re-downloading a fresh copy of any game you already have from BFG and let it do it's magic in updating your game manager if this has not already been done.

I personally have an issue with the fact that I cannot download the Game Manager separately and install it as a fresh install...just seems to be that would be the quickest and easiest way. However, I also understand that were it that readily accessible, our security would be compromised, because there are people who don't follow EULA's in this world and think that decompiling and re-writing programs in order to attack people's computers is 'fun'. At least, that's my working theory as to why BFG wouldn't offer us a standalone download of the Game Manager. From what I can tell, the way to "reinstall" this is connected to downloading the BFG Toolbar, information for doing so is at:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/162

Also there is a page that troubleshoots many Game Manager issues:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/536

Hoping this helps, hollymamba. And if you've already solved your problems, maybe it will help someone else.

[Post New]by 1stdragonfly on May 17, 10 2:53 PM
Hi iam having the same problem i could download games a couple weeks ago but, now it won't work. I have tried everything suggested in websites and on the big fish Q&A sites and nothing worked. I sent a email last week & I still haven't heard back from the customer service people either and sent another one today.

They need to update their Q&A sites to include more answers it can be frustrating!!!

I'm still trying to figure out the problem my computer is a couple months old and has all the updates needed & i have uninstalled & reinstalled everything i could......if i find an answer i will post it

Good Luck

[Post New]by hosking on Sep 21, 10 3:14 PM
my game manager is a blank blue screen. have tried on numerous occasions to re download game manager, but this does not help.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 21, 10 3:24 PM
Hey hosking,

For the best help, you should definitely contact Tech Support and be sure to include any relevant information (i.e. screenshot, specific error message, etc.).

To do this, please click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 5:17:27 PM PST

ACT2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ACT2 on Sep 27, 10 4:31 PM
Ok, been there and done that...it does not work. I even did the Dr. FlIex and they told me to go to my firewall..that did not help. All of this started happening after the new update on Game Manager. Is there a way to install the old game manager...never had a problem with it?

n1ck0
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by n1ck0 on Dec 30, 10 9:08 PM
hosking wrote:my game manager is a blank blue screen. have tried on numerous occasions to re download game manager, but this does not help.

Hi hosking, I got the same problem as you. And in fact, it is very annoying and if you got to solve the problem, PM me so I can fix my problems too.

beadguru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by beadguru on Jan 2, 11 11:45 PM
Hi guys
I've got the same problem - have had it for nearly a month now. If you get any joy let me know - and I'll do the same!

[Post New]by Lisarose10 on Jan 24, 11 8:08 AM
Same problem of a blank blue screen. I can no longer play any of my games. This is a win 7 laptop but it was working up until a few weeks ago. Anyone figure out how to fix this?

[Post New]by GigiJan on Feb 4, 11 6:06 AM
And now I have the same blue screen. It started last night after I attempted to download a trial version of a game. I can play any of my previously purchased games by going directly to Program Files, but I can't play any trial versions and neither can I unlock any newly added games.
Seems to be this has turned into a common enough problem that we should be directed to a FAQ page. I am very unhappy and ready to cancel. No sense continuing to pay for games that remain totally unaccessible...

[Post New]by GigiJan on Feb 6, 11 5:25 PM
As promised, Tech Support was able to direct me to a couple of files needed for download, my Game Manager is back up and running, and I am once again a happy Big Fish Game customer.

[Post New]by sfcrisp on Feb 14, 11 4:38 PM
Could you be more specific as to the "files"?

[Post New]by macdonald_jill on Feb 19, 11 9:38 AM
Yes, please! I have the same blue screen and I'm pulling out my hair trying to find an answer. I want my games!

[Post New]by sfcrisp on Feb 25, 11 2:38 AM
Blue screen on game manager has been my problem for 4 weeks. Now solved.? Please tell me if anything works for you

I ran Microsoft Security Essentials and killed this...

Category: Exploit

Description: This program is dangerous and exploits the computer on which it is run.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
containerfile:C:\Users\Chris\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\3\2ebb583-4eedf8c4
file:C:\Users\Chris\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\3\2ebb583-4eedf8c4->bpac/purok.class

---------------

...and ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and killed...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5874

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 9.0.8080.16413

2/25/2011 4:08:52 AM
mbam-log-2011-02-25 (04-08-43).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 269385
Time elapsed: 20 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 13
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{A078F691-9C07-4AF2-BF43-35E79EECF8B7} (Adware.Softomate) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuestBrowse (Adware.QuestBrowse) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ClickPotatoLiteAX.UserProfiles (Adware.ClickPotato) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ClickPotatoLiteAX.UserProfiles.1 (Adware.ClickPotato) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MenuButtonIE.ButtonIE (Adware.ClickPotato) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MenuButtonIE.ButtonIE.1 (Adware.ClickPotato) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\MenuButtonIE.DLL (Adware.ClickPotato) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CE8SIIFGSU (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DD1APJEZAI (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NtWqIVLZ

[Post New]by frndlystrangr on Mar 6, 11 7:35 PM
I just spent money on some seek & find games, and installed this "Game Manager" which, much to my surprise, is a blank blue screen. Reading this thread tells me I am not alone with this problem. I'm more surprised by the reputation that BF has that it would even have an installation that produces such a problem on people's computers. My money is probably not reumburseable, but I have to say I probably will never purchase BF games again if this is the kind of business they run.

[Post New]by turtlemaw on Sep 24, 13 12:07 PM
Okay once again sitting here waiting for a response. The new game manager doesnt work for me I did the customer contact and email. All I need is the old manager.
I have already did all the steps
1. Uninstalled reinstalled
2. removed every item of bigfish from my system
3. Cleaned out any trace of big fish from my registry
4. cleaned out all cache temp files cookies
5. made sure all my drivers were up to date

and still when i try to download the game manager and install futility.
It runs all the way through to the end then I get the gray pop up box please uninstall reinstall Ive gotten this error for a long time now. I just want to play the games I have purchased Ive been a member over a year come on.
I have very few days off and now chat is down. So another day wasted on trying to deal with this.
This is becoming very exhausting
they agreed months ago that I would need to install the old manager. I understand that the new manager promotes your games better. But I think it really doesn't when its constantly a frustration. And yes if you read post Im not the only one that feels this way. If anything I've started moving away from it because I just didn't want to deal with the aggravation.

[Post New]by oldkatz on Sep 26, 13 10:20 PM
ive been having a game manager issue for 2 years now. tech sent me a link for think it was 1.5 2 years ago, worked great, just had to keep reinstalling it, as it keeps upgrading to the new version. well 2 months ago, the game manager deleted all my download files for the games i bought out of a folder, and the old manager.
since then its been a nightmare. tech will NOT give me a link to the old manager that worked, the only manager, just sits does nothing, says waiting, the new manager, i can run the games, but at 1/4 speed ! and they stop and jump !
ive sent in 5 dr felix reports, they claim they cant find them !
i deleted everything totally cleaned the system and regestry ect and reinstalled 5 times now, still same thing. using both the manager and still will not work. of course now after 2 months of this BS they will not even respond to me !
i totaled up and ive spent over 500.00 on games from this company, they sure will not get another cent from me !

[Post New]by ladycub on Jan 29, 14 7:36 AM
where do I begin I have two computers one personal and I lap top I had both my email address the same karlahall08@comcast.net then my lap top crashed I had to get it reformatted and I got a new email address for my lap top which is hall4595@comcast.net I wrote you and you still have it under karlahall08@comcast.net then mt lap top is having problems so I recoverd now I cant reinstall big fish manager with out gettint a lot of junk with it please help or iam done

Go to: