deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Daylight Saving Time

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 12, 16 6:32 AM
Since MC players live ALL around the world...I'm curious who abides by the daylight saving time frame....

I live in Arizona...and for some reason we defy the rest of the U.S. by ignoring the practice of spring/autumn clock adjustment.....GMT midnight is 5pm my time...and it will be through the summer....

How does DST affect you where you live?

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 6:32:59 AM PST

Re:Daylight Saving Time

[Post New]by shari72 on Mar 12, 16 6:58 AM
Yes I live in arkansas. My game starts at 6:00pm. When we jump forward it should start at 7:00 unless they change also. Good question. Guess we will find out!!

icema_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by icema_ on Mar 12, 16 7:12 AM
Hello deeziner and shari, I'm in Colorado, My midnight is 5pm also and I'm petty sure that last year it jumped to 6 pm, Sometimes between GMT and DST you wonder what time it really is

KC_512
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by KC_512 on Mar 12, 16 7:38 AM
I am up in 'sconsin and we observe the cruel and inhumane time changes. Like Shari, my game starts at 6pm, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

FionaN
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by FionaN on Mar 12, 16 8:49 AM
Hi All

I live in Scotland so am ruled by GMT. At 1am on the 27 March our clocks will roll forward by 1 hour. I don't know how this will affect your start times.

Sad thing is we lose an hour in bed. , but we gain it back at the end of October when our clocks go forward 1 hour.

Fiona

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 8:50:45 AM PST

PenWeb
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by PenWeb on Mar 12, 16 11:00 AM
Fiona, the saying goes "Spring forward, Fall back", so clocks go ahead in March, and then set back in October.

Nell/Nell2

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 12, 16 1:42 PM
I am in Tasmania, Australia and our clocks go back 1 Hour at the end of March.

On the Eastern Seaboard of Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and New South Wales have daylight saving, but Queensland does not. Not all of the Daylight Saving states start and end at the same time.

With the end of daylight saving ALL the Eastern States will be on the same time for our Autumn and Winter.

Milan_Indiana
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Milan_Indiana on Mar 12, 16 6:20 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote: On the Eastern Seaboard of Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and New South Wales have daylight saving, but Queensland does not. Not all of the Daylight Saving states start and end at the same time.

I suppose that would get real confusing for businesses when some have changed their times while others have not yet...but later they will...

You'd think with it being the same sun and all it could be made easier across the world.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 12, 16 7:01 PM
GMT time doesn't change. Only everyone else's time. Some states have the line between EST and CST running through them, so the CST side goes to daylight saving time to make the whole state the same time.

When I get my game back, I will start writing the new times at the top of my pages, until I get them straight in my head again.

DeeJay46

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Mar 12, 16 7:14 PM
It's a mystery to me that so many ppl get confused with daylight savings. I grew up in Chicago and have had ds for as long as I can remember. As far as losing an hour sleep that happens only on the first day after that ther are still 24 hours in each day.

fbf6751
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by fbf6751 on Mar 12, 16 7:30 PM
I live in Denver Colorado ,so I will be springing forward too

Lortoc

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Mar 12, 16 7:36 PM
I'm at CET, so the USAgamers are fast asleep when I'm gaming.

Edited on 03/12/2016 at 7:45:10 PM PST

angels269
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Daylight Saving Time

[Post New]by angels269 on Mar 12, 16 9:39 PM
deeziner wrote:Since MC players live ALL around the world...I'm curious who abides by the daylight saving time frame....

I live in Arizona...and for some reason we defy the rest of the U.S. by ignoring the practice of spring/autumn clock adjustment.....GMT midnight is 5pm my time...and it will be through the summer....

How does DST affect you where you live?

I live on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada
we spring forward tonight one hour and fall back in the Fall.
gl all. Isn't this fun.
I love playing the game no matter what the time is.
take care angelbaby

Go to: