SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Why are all threads locked?

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 12, 16 6:51 AM
I have never seen a recent game with so many locked threads before; is there a reason? Perhaps it is because this was released with a lot of glitches, even when I performed the correct moves on a puzzle it often would not solve and I had to use the Skip. Really annoying.
The same happened in some of the hidden objects; I would click on the correct one but it would not clear until I had used the mouse several times

Loved the eerie scenes & the story but too many problems to make this an enjoyable game to play

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

Re:Why are all threads locked?

[Post New]by elijah5 on Mar 12, 16 7:52 AM
No, there are a lot of games with the threads locked. Why, I don't know. Take a look at any game and you will find they are locked.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Why are all threads locked?

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 12, 16 8:00 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:I have never seen a recent game with so many locked threads before; is there a reason? Perhaps it is because this was released with a lot of glitches, even when I performed the correct moves on a puzzle it often would not solve and I had to use the Skip. Really annoying.
The same happened in some of the hidden objects; I would click on the correct one but it would not clear until I had used the mouse several times

Loved the eerie scenes & the story but too many problems to make this an enjoyable game to play

Hi!

I am sorry you are having tech issues. I can't help with that.

But as to why the threads are locked, the Mods have posted previously that they do it on the older games to keep the spam out. This game came out March 1, 2014 so it is two years old. There are no auto deletes of spam in the forums so the Mods have to go to each thread and delete them or delete the individual posts manually if there are posted in existing threads. So, if the older threads are locked, the spammers can't get in and contaminate them.

Hope this helps!

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Apr 10, 16 6:37 PM
Still think they should leave the review and tech issues threads unlocked...

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Aug 16, 16 5:49 PM
Whatever the reason, seems like overkill to me.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Aug 21, 16 10:13 PM
They do not have as many mods as they used to...BUT the excuse about keeping the spam out is lame...I hardly ever see spammers in these forums...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 8, 16 5:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for someone to swim by to talk about the locked threads. A change to our Forums included the automatic locking of threads that have been inactive for 180 days or more, and this is why some of our forums have a lot of locked posts. This feature was put into place to help improve stability and performance in the Forums by locking those that haven't had active participation in a long period of time. While the Moderation Team has no control over this feature, we will absolutely pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams.

If you'd like to start a new thread on a topic that's already been discussed, you can absolutely do so, as we encourage players to continue discussing games.

If you'd like to refer to an older thread in your post, you can definitely copy and paste the URL for the older thread in your post. Please keep in mind that in keeping with the Forum Rules, only links from the Big Fish website can be included in Forum posts. Also, I am going to go ahead and recreate the Tech and Review threads for this game so that they are available should a player wish to make a new review or report a technical issue. They are now available here:

Please Post your REVIEWS for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here
Please Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

Thank you for your understanding and I hope I was able to clarify that some of the threads in our forums are locked due to 180 days or more of inactivity which helps our forums remain more stable. If there are any questions about this post, the forums, or in general, feel free to a PM to me or any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Sep 10, 16 3:21 AM
I'm assuming it is because this forum is for the first True Fear and we've all been eagerly awaiting the sequel, so we are talking about it here. I'm also going to assume since Big Fish will most likely not be releasing it through their site, they do not wish it to be discussed here. While I am disappointed they will not be releasing the game through their site, it makes no difference to me, as I plan to buy it the second it comes out.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Sep 13, 16 10:08 PM
I think it is BULL. they are locking the threads because they are CHEAP and don't care about their loyal customers who want this new game. If we (who want the sequel on Bigfish) cant be heard here, then give us somewhere WE CAN BE HEARD!!!

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Sep 14, 16 6:05 PM
oops

Edited on 09/14/2016 at 6:06:47 PM PST

Go to: